July 2018 Moms
Options

Thanksgiving Week Randoms 11/20-24

Re: Thanksgiving Week Randoms 11/20-24

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @4deep woooooah, that would trip me out, too!
  • Options
    @4deep you just made me hungry for fried eggs 
  • Options
    My DH works overnight on thanksgiving so he won’t be able to take sips of my drink to help me out.... but this is kind of my plan, I’m going to bring a premixed “cocktail” and tell my family there’s vodka in it.. I’m thinking Apple cider (pasteurized) and adding kombucha to kind of throw people off... and I’ll bring half a bottle of vodka for those who want a “stronger” mixed drink... I know it seems silly to think about it so much but it’s just 8 people and I aaaallllways bring the wine for holidays at my parents house so I know not sipping will be super suspicious....good luck to all those also trying to keep things hush hush tomorrow!!! HAPPY THANKSGIVING!! 
  • Options
    Ugh I'm totally freaking out. I came home from work early today and my mom, who was watching my son, suddenly started feeling really sick. She lied on the couch for a while and then ran to the bathroom. She ended up getting sick out of both ends (sorry tmi) and told me there's a stomach bug going around at her church. She went home and I immediately bleached the entire house and scrubbed everything. Luckily my son was napping through all this (and still is). Then my husband got home and I had him disinfect the bathroom again and run all the dishes and laundry. I'm just terrified we're all going to get sick for thanksgiving and/or spread it to family tomorrow. I'm probably traumatized because last Christmas my husband and I both got a bad stomach virus on Christmas morning and it totally ruined our first Christmas with our son. I know we did all we can to get the germs out of our house and only time will tell now, but I'm still feeling super paranoid and bummed. Has anyone ever survived this virus in their house and not gotten sick? Is there any hope for us? 

Sorry, that got really long. TLDR: someone threw up in my house and now I'm scared my family will get sick for thanksgiving. 
  • Options
    @zande2016 you did everything you could!! Fingers crossed for you!
  • Options
    @zande2016 Im hoping it'll pass your family by! That is no fun! If your kiddo gets it at least you can enjoy they day. They're so resilient and snap through these things quickly 
  • Options
    @zande2016 I have THE WORST anxiety about getting sick.  Just reading your post has me worried I'm going to catch it too!  You did everything you can though.  Wash your hands often, try not to touch your faces and cross your fingers and toes...
  • Options
    KatyF0813 said:
    @zande2016 I have THE WORST anxiety about getting sick.  Just reading your post has me worried I'm going to catch it too!  You did everything you can though.  Wash your hands often, try not to touch your faces and cross your fingers and toes...
    Thanks, I'm scrubbing my hands raw, meanwhile my toddler is literally eating his hands and licking the coffee table. And don't even get me started on getting my husband to wash his hands/not stick his fingers into food. Lol ugh 
  • Options
    @zande2016 Im hoping it'll pass your family by! That is no fun! If your kiddo gets it at least you can enjoy they day. They're so resilient and snap through these things quickly 
    Thanks! Last time my husband and I had it, my son was spared. I think that was because he was an infant and still exclusively breastfed though. I just don't know if I can handle a sick pukey husband. The worst. 
  • Options
    @zande2016 hope you guys don’t get it! Like @KatyF0813, I also get anxiety thinking about getting sick, but only for stomach bugs. I’ll deal with a cold anyday, but once vomiting is in the mix, I just can’t. Fingers crossed all your disinfecting keeps you healthy! 
  • Options
     :D:D  I'm dying at that list @amylu914!! While I was packing for our honeymoon in Sept DH decided that would be a good time to purge/donate half of his wardrobe all while listing things "we can't forget"- things that were on the list already. The list I wrote. 
  • Options
    If no one minds i might just participate in a different check in each week till i know better how far along i am.
  • Options
    @lindsayleigh1989 @SmashJam and others - thanks for the advice! Super helpful! 
                                                               BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @amylu914 THAT IS SO ACCURATE! -_-
  • Options
    @acunamatada bacon Mac and cheese? That’s like dirty talk in my food vocab. Yummmmm......

Happy Thanksgiving to you ladies! I am Thankful for all of you and our growing little sweeties  :)
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • Options
    Happy Turkey Day ladies!! 
  • Options
    Happy thanksgiving ladies!! 
  • Options
    Guys i feel liken shouldn't have told people today. I overheard my MIL telling my dad that **TW she hopes this pregnancy has a better ending because she can't handle losing another grandchild END TW** it wasnt in those exacr words but that was the gist. Niw im like, uh, i already hoped this pregnancy would go better than the last but now I REALLY do so she doesn't lose her mind. Maybe it was to big a burden to put on people this early, but...too late now!

Hope everyone else's turkey day was glorious! In an upside...my turkey was boss and my SIL made cranberry sauce with real cranberries that somehow tasted exactly like the can.
  • Options
    @SmashJam don't feel bad in my opinion it isnt right or fair to force losses to only be felt by mom and dad. her wording though hard is quite selfish. I have very high hopes for your pregnancy :) You dont need to have that kind of negativity creating second guessing on sharing. 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    Does anyone do any subscription boxes like fabfitfun? I am kind of interested in that or a pregnancy one like bump boxes where you can get one each month or each trimester

• Options
    SmashJamSmashJam member
    edited November 2017
    @lindsayleigh1989 I do stitch fix and book of the month club. The book of the month club I think it totally worth it if you end up liking the books they have (if not you skip at no cost!). You end up paying $13 for a hardcover (or $10 if you splurge for a year) and every book you add after is $10(also hardcovers). It keeps me up to date on books that I would otherwise not usually seek out (I'm in a YA/dystopian fiction/fantasy "rut"). Stitch fix I used to think was not worth the quality but they must have upped that, or maybe I went up a cost bracket in my preferences-I tried it again and have loved everything so far, and if you leave notes for your stylist, as specific as "I want that flowered dress in the email ad you sent me, as long as its in my price range" they will send it to you. Once I specifically asked for all 5 items from the email they sent me and I got and kept all 5! And they have maternity, which I haven't tried (first box on dec 26!).
  • Options
    @SmashJam thanks! good info!

also im so frustrated dh is being so unhelpful everytime we go to his parents house he reverts to a selfish teenager and doesnt care about anyone but himself. im mad and angry and sad

• Options
    edited November 2017
    @lindsayleigh1989 use DH toothbrush to clean the toilet..... you’ll feel better!!!

im totally kidding(yuck!) but the thought of it always makes me feel better when I’m mad at my DH.. sorry he’s being a poop!
    (edit to correct autocorrect twice :( lol)
  • Options
    Don’t know much about this, but dang what a good deal!
     Graco Fastaction Fold Jogger Click Connect Baby Travel System, Gotham https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00UVW40XA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_SyegAbXNX7GNP
  • Options
    @lindsayleigh1989 use DH toothbrush to clean the toilet..... you’ll feel better!!!

im totally kidding(yuck!) but the thought of it always makes me feel better when I’m mad at my DH.. sorry he’s being a poop!
    (edit to correct autocorrect twice :( lol)
    I laughed WAY too hard at this, I may have tinkled a little. 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    morethanamamamorethanamama member
    edited November 2017
    Hahaha, OMG I'm going to start using that thought too, @pregnant_and_paleo! Thankfully DH has not been too bad so far ;) 
    In other news, he's been sick with a cold which I was sure I was going to be immune to. He's now better, while I woke up with a sore throat.FML!
  • Options
    @SmashJam I'm so sorry you overheard that. Unless your MIL is a total jerk (which she may be, I don't know) I'm sure she didn't mean you to hear that. And I'd hope she wouldn't have said it if she'd known you could hear. It's insensitive, but other people go through loss with us, and feel what they feel. It's nothing compared to what we go through, and sucks to hear; even if her feelings are real and valid they pale in comparison to yours. As much as you can, put it out of your mind. You can't control the outcome of any pregnancy, and you can't worry about how anything will affect her. That's just a recipe for driving yourself nuts, when you already carry the emotional burden as a mother who has been through loss. I hope today looks better for you.

@lindsayleigh1989 I used to do beauty subscription boxes, so those are my main area of expertise. :) I did do a few months of the 16 Minute Club after my daughter was born. It's a breastfeeding support box, and I really liked it. It's pricy, so I only did it for a few months, but I loved all the products I got. 
  • Options
    We told the inlaws yesterday. My grandmother in law said. “I love all my great grand children but (DS) will always be my number 1.” I'm not sure how I replied.... Thanks for preparing me for how you’re going to treat number 2? It was good times. Haha 
  • Options
    @dapple88 Wow. Just...wow. 
  • Options
    @christycalifornia and @lindsayleigh1989 thanks for the support.Removing my fog of anxiety that was in place from enduring so  many people for an extended period of time, i know it wasnt meant for my ears, and she is ultimately glad to know. She just happened to say out loud, under the influence of several glasses of wine, what literally everyone who now knows is thinking.