April 2018 Moms
Options

Weekly randoms - 11/20

Time to start a new one, because I'm sure we'll have plenty this Thanksgiving week.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Weekly randoms - 11/20

• Options
    @lindsye - hooray!! Congratulations!! The journey to STTN can be brutal and I’m so glad there’s a light at the end of the tunnel for you. Who knows, maybe he’ll surprise you while traveling, too! One can hope, anyway ;)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @lindsye that is AWESOME!  Hopefully he will still do great with traveling but I know that can be hard.  Put at least you are seeing progress.

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  DIStickerscom Ticker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    @lindsye congrats!!!!  That is so exciting when it happens!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @lindsye Congratulations! I hope he does well with travels and gets back to STTN quickly!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @stalkinghorse wtf? I get coffee on the regular and no one has been brazen enough to challenge me on that. I'm sorry you had to deal with that. Even my OB doesn't say anything when I go to my appointments with my starbucks. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @stalkinghorse my goodness, that's ridiculous! I have consumed coffee in moderation through all my pregnancies and have never been shamed for it - even when I was huge and end third trimester. Maybe people were too scared to say anything at that point, lol. I mean, it's not like you walked into a bar and ordered a double martini or something....
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    @stalkinghorse Yes!  I had fun, but I missed them a ton!  I have been away from DS before, but they are usually trips with DH.  I was happy to see them when I got home.  But did enjoy time to read my book on the 3 hour flight!

And OMG how rude of that person to shame you for drinking some caffeine.
  • Options
    @stalkinghorse that is awful!  People and their opinions sometimes go way to far.  I agree with @stassichroeder about getting the manager because that is uncalled for.  Or I would have made a snide comment about how i'm glad she isn't my Dr. Man I couldn't live if I didn't have some caffeine and my Dr said it is completely fine as long as I stay under 200.  

Anniversary

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    @lindsye STTN!! Woo woo! That's so awesome. I got lucky with DD. I'm worried this one, I won't be lucky. Hopefully when you get back, it won't be too long before he gets back into a routine.

@stalkinghorse that is seriously a fear of mine. All I want is a chai tea latte, but I'm nervous what people will think. And I know I shouldn't care but oddly I do.

ARM, just got home from my sister's wedding and won't be going home again until Christmas. Which already has me stressed out. So glad I get to relax on Thanksgiving, just trying not to stress about Christmas too too much.
  • Options
    @stalkinghorse Good on you for being the better person, and that's hilarious!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I have my second surgery to get surrounding tissues around the tumor that was already removed from my leg tomorrow. Over the weekend, I saw the docs posted my latest MRI report on my patient portal and it indicated 2 more masses. So I'll be asking the doc lots of questions tomorrow on whether they were maybe missed the first time or if they've grown since my initial MRI. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @dlammers - I’ll be praying for you! Good luck!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I switched prenatal vitamins. The new one has iron, and I’m occasionally constipated. Yuck!

@Mattel, @ngolimento & @JJMNO1616 - I’m also having the weird heartbeat/whooshing. In first tri, I Had the feeling of swimmer’s ears at least half a dozen times a day, but only left ear. Pregnant bodies do weird shit  :/
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    stalkinghorsestalkinghorse member
    edited November 2017
    @dlammers oh my gosh, I am so sorry. I will be praying for you all week, no one should have this kind of added stress while pregnant. Would it be possible for you to get a second opinion since there's a possibility your current doctors missed something. You are so in my thoughts. 

@kmalls oh my gosh, that is kind of amazing....oopsie! 
    @g_amoss have you found that taking it at different times of day helps? I have oatmeal in the morning with blueberries and chia and walnuts (i.e. a butt ton of fiber) and when I take my supplement then it helps to ease...things....
  • Options
    @stalkinghorse - I haven’t tried different times. I do bedtime, because no chance I’ll forget my 2 (almost worthless) Tylenol  :D Usually my diet and activity level are enough, but I better make a better effort to eat my ground flax seed.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @dlammers FX that everything goes well and the two masses are benign.  I am so sorry you are dealing with this right now:(.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @dlammers, FX everything is okay. I’m so sorry you have to deal with this on top of pregnancy! 

@lindsye, so exciting your LO STTN! Mine is also not a sleeper, and we still celebrate every time it actually happens! 
  • Options
    @dlammers I hope that everything goes well, keeping you in my thoughts tomorrow. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @dlammers I will be thinking about you!
  • Options
    @stalkinghorse I am already at a different doctor that did my initial surgery. I originally went to a general surgeon because we all thought the mass was benign and nothing to worry about. After it came back malignant, I immediately was seen by an oncologist and different surgeon.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @dlammers sending good thoughts to you that everything turns out well.  So sorry you are going through this. 

Anniversary

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    @sparklingdiamond OMG yaaaaaay!  I am do beyond happy for you!!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @sparklingdiamond - so glad you have appointments scheduled! OMG, this is great news!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @stalkinghorse I would write or call the manager. That is SO out of line. If it makes you feel any better I had a cup of black tea in the morning yesterday and then had a Chi Tea late in the afternoon not to mention a chocolate milkshake that same day. I drink chi tea on the regular and also have occasional sodas. 

@sparklingdiamond I'm SO happy for you! Sounds like you have a great plan worked out. 

• Options
    @sparklingdiamond Yay for the great test results and having appointments set up with Dr. Kays!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @sparklingdiamond that is the best news, really really happy for you to finally get some good news! 
  • Options
    @sparklingdiamond, FX for you! I’m glad you’re getting an appointment!
  • Options
    @sparklingdiamond such good news!!!! I'm glad you are able to get the appointments you need!!! 
  • Options
    riversdoctorriversdoctor member
    edited November 2017
    @kmalls similar judgement when I was pregnant with dd!  My uncle works on my car and never charges labor. When I was 8 months pregnant he did brakes and cv joints on my car. As always I got him a case from his favorite local brewery. The cashier looked me up and down and totally gave me the side-eye but luckily kept her mouth shut. Sad thing is even not pregnant I barely ever drink!  We have had 4 beers in our fridge since July!   Not one bit tempted!