April 2018 Moms
Options

Weekly randoms - 11/20

13»

Re: Weekly randoms - 11/20

• Options
    Yes @g_amoss she is a piece of work.  

@sjn00 I'm so angry because DD has a stuffy nose and we had to take her out in the cold, which it wasn't too cold but still.  Also she had been asking all morning were her grandma was and when she was coming over. So agree it's her loss, i m just not looking forward to my MIL playing the victim with this whole situation. 

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  DIStickerscom Ticker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    @Dumbgurl04 Yeah, I understand. I hope the fresh air helped your DD a bit. It usually helps my daughter. 
    Dont let MIL be the victim. She did this to herself and made the decision for herself. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Dumbgurl04 I would have your husband directly confront her about this before she can even act upset. I remember you saying in a previous thread that she does this. So ridiculous!! Did you say you have talked to her about this in the past? I can’t remember. 
  • Options
    @Dumbgurl04 I feel your pain.  My In-laws are extremely flippant about being on time (btw, being extremely late is just about as rude as spitting on people, in my opinion.  Deeply disrespectful).

Just last week my kiddo got so excited because her uncle was coming over at 6.  She jabbered about it all day.  Stupid bastard didnt show up until 9, and was confused why a two year old wasn't awake at 9pm.  My poor DD was so upset when she woke up in the morning, asking for him and going from room to room looking for him.  Why would you do that to a little kid?  The worst part is he didn't even bother with an excuse for being 3 effing hours late.  Just "got to talking " with a friend.  Selfish SOB.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @JJMNO1616 yeah MH is pretty good at telling her why she doesn't get asked to baby sit.  Still she does nothing to change her actions so she will never be asked.  It doesn't seem to bother MH to I just hate how people try to play the victim even though they put themselves in that situation

@ngolimento that is sooooooo rude.  Your poor DD, it's so sad when people do that.  

So a few hours ago I sent a text to my MIL to let her know about plans on going to the outlet mall with my mom so we can buy some clothes for this LO.  I even said in my text about sorry I didn't see her today.  She didn't even mention not coming up (I'm guessing she never talked to MH either to say why she isn't coming cause he didn't say anything) and she didn't even acknowledge not coming up.  It just amazes me how you can complain about not being asked to babysit but when we mention things we plan to do that we can't clearly take a toddler to and she never asks if we need a sitter.  My parents on the other hand when we bring stuff up like that they ask right away if we need a sitter.  So all i can so is SMH and be very very very thankful for my parents.  

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  DIStickerscom Ticker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    Sorry to AW but I’m feeling pretty sad. TW

We took family Christmas picture yesterday that I’ll use as a pregnancy announcement. Excited to see how they come out. I’m 20 weeks tomorrow but am waiting for my anatomy scan Wednesday to finally announce. I’ve honestly been too scared of getting too excited even though all tests have been good and I’m so far along that I should relax more.

But yesterday marked 1 year from my 2nd miscarriage and I’m hurting. I’ve found myself reliving laying on the bathroom floor wriggling in pain and the ambulance ride alone while DH was home with our sick son, the look on the doctors face when I started crying after she told me we had miscarried again and that they wanted to take me into surgery to ensure it wasn’t ectopic. I shared my experience on Facebook last year instead of holding it in like I had with my first miscarriage and it had helped a little but of course it popped up into my FB On This Day memories this morning and I’ve been crying all morning. I feel like I’m being unreasonable in my grief again, and selfish because now I’m pregnant again with the beautiful rainbow baby I’ve dreamed of but I’m struggling and I feel pretty alone in my grief. I’m sure the pregnancy hormones aren’t helping and I’m just feeling terrified for Wednesday and ugh I’m just feeling so much...
  • Options
    @julzy Oh girl... anniversaries like this are SO hard, especially one year anniversaries. It’s completely normal for all of those emotions and memories to come flooding back. There is also no such thing as being unreasonable in your grieving. Grieving for your past losses doesn’t make you selfish! You can love and cherish your current pregnancy and still hurt over your angel babies. Everyone should have the dignity to grieve the loss of a loved one, especially losses like the ones you experienced. Grief also has no time limit. There is no expiration for how long a loss should or should not inpact you. You will likely think of your losses from time to time for the rest of your life but it may just get a bit easier down the road. It’s ok to hurt right now though. 
  • Options
    @julzy I’m so sorry you’re going through this, there is no pain like that of a loss and although it may get easier each day, it never goes away. I found the holidays to be particularly tough for me after our loss, I vividly remember sobbing in church on Christmas Eve and thinking I’d never feel “normal” again. 

That being said, please don’t ever think your grief is unreasonable or selfish. We all grieve in different ways and for different lengths of time and that’s perfectly ok. Feeling it and letting it out is, in my opinion, so much healthier than bottling it up and pretending like everything is fine. So feel what you need to feel, take all the time you need, and when you’re ready, focus on the perfect baby you’ll be welcoming to your family soon. He/she won’t replace the baby you lost, but hopefully that will be some light in your lives. 
  • Options
    @ekendall09 are you around? Christmas tree question: have you ever gone to Honey Pot Hill? We never go there for apples because it’s a shit show, but we’re thibking of giving it a shot for a tree. Any experience? 
  • Options
    @julzy - I’m sorry your heart is hurting today. @kmalls & @JJMNO1616 have said, there is no time limit for grieving. When your heart hurts, it hurts. Prayers for your AS Wednesday to help comfort you. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @julzy it's okay to feel those feelings, and there is no reason why you shouldnt still be grieving. Im praying you get an amazing Anatomy Scan and can start to have some peace with this pregnancy. ((Hugs)) cry when you need to. Its a hard thing to go through <3
  • Options
    bchalmbchalm member
    edited November 2017
    @julzy take your time grieving. It's different for everyone. And don't feel guilty about not being super excited, chances are in April you will feel excited enough for the whole nine months!

So, DH just left on a mad dash to get me a blood pressure cuff. I'm feeling super light headed and am a bit neurotic. FX I'm just Cray. 

**edit to update: BP a little low but still normal for this time in pregnancy.  But I've been light headed all day, can barely stand. Hoping tomorrow goes better, but def calling the doctor cause it is freaking me out. I'm scared to pick up DD. 
  • Options
    @bchalm - good luck!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kmalls whoops just catching up with this thread!  I've done mistletoe before a handful of years ago but couldn't cut our own because they only had really big ones for cutting so we picked a precut.  Last year we did evergreen and plan to do the same this year.  Its so cute and we need a christmas picture lol.  Plus we loved cutting our own, having different types to choose from and not feeling like it was overly crowded.  We're headed to get ours this weekend and hoping for the same experience!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @kmalls I realized I didn't answer your question.  We can walk to honey pot but avoid it for the same reasons you do during apple season!  I just realized they have trees but we'll be sticking with the plan above!
    BabyFruit Ticker