Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

IF Testing & Treatment - Week of 11/6

This is a place for those of us who have already started TTC but have started infertility testing and/or treatments. You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on infertility. TTC can be a long journey naturally, then add in the difficulties associated with infertility and it becomes a whole new ball game. The road to infertility can be lonely, frustrating, and complicated, so let's make this a place where we can vent, ask questions, and support one another.  Feel free to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this like an ongoing conversation. 

Diagnosis (If you've been): 

Cycle/CD: 

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA):  

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?)

How are things going?

Any questions? 

GTKY: If we asked your SO, "if your SO were an alcoholic drink, which one would she be and why?" what would they say?

Me 43 DH 45
Married 12/2016
TTC #1 since 04/2015
AMA, DOR (AMH 0.65, AFC 2-4) and autoimmune issues (RA, APS), low TSH, adenomyosis
7 retrievals, 3 transfers
Jun19 FET BFP, due date 7th March 2020, DD born Feb20
Sep17 IVF1 - 1ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
Nov17 IVF2 - 1ER, 0F
Jan18 IVF3 - 3ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
Feb18 - second opinion and additional testing
Apr18 IVF4 - cancelled (E2 too high)
May/Jun18 IVF4 - 4ER, 0M, 1F, 1 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - 5 ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - 4ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (good quality)
Aug/Sep18 IVF7 - cancelled (cyst)
Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - 3ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen Day 3 (excellent quality)
Oct18 IVF8 - Cancelled (cyst and too low TSH)
Oct18-Jan19 bringing TSH under control
Feb19 ERA and hysteroscopy
Mar19 Investigation for fibroid and adenomyosis
Apr19 adenomyosis confirmed, polyps removed
Jun19 FET after 2 months Lupron, autoimmune protocol, transferred two day 3 frozen embryos
Sep17 - Pergoveris 10-17 Sep, Orgalutran 15-18 Sep, Ovitrelle 18 Sep, ER 20 Sep for 2 follies, 1 mature egg, fertilized, ET 1x 2d 4-cell embryo 22/09, 05/10 BFN
Nov17 IVF2 - Pergoveris 2-14 Nov, Orgalutran 5-14 Nov, Ovitrelle 15 Nov, ER 17 Nov for 3 follies, 1 mature egg, did not fertilize
Jan18 IVF3 - Pergoveris 30 Dec - 8 Jan, Orgalutran 5-8 Jan, Ovitrelle 9 Jan, ER 11 Jan 3 eggs, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, ET 1x 4d 12-cell embryo 15/01, 24/01 BFN
May/Jun18 IVF4 - Rekovelle 25-29 May, Menogon 30May - 2Jun, Zomacton 25 27 29 31 May and 2Jun, Cetrotide 30May - 3Jun, Gonasi 3Jun, ER 5Jun 4 eggs, none mature, two matured overnight, 1 fertilized with ICSI, Frozen day 3 but not good quality
Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - Rekovelle 21-24 June, Menogon 25Jun-3Jul, Puregon 4-5Jul, Zomacton 21 23 25 27 29 Jun, Cetrotide 25Jun-5Jul, Gonasi 6Jul, ER 8Jul 5 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 but not good quality
Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - Rekovelle 26-29 Jul, Menogon 30Jul-7Aug, Buserelin 26Jul-7Aug, Zomacton 26 28 30 Jul 1 3 Aug, Gonasi 7Aug, ER 9Aug 4 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized (normal IVF), 2 frozen day 3 good quality
Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - Menogon 19-30Sep, Buserelin 19-30Sep, Zomacton 19 21 23 25 27 Sep, Ovitrelle 1 Oct, ER 3 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 excellent quality 

Fav Quote: The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return

Re: IF Testing & Treatment - Week of 11/6

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @zwink1 starting stims Wednesday ah!! When is this project at work over? Are you almost done with it? Hopefully it won’t coincide with the stress of stimming 
  • Options
    @AlohaKumu I just started acupuncture 3 weeks ago, I’ve been going once a week. She hasn’t done anything different yet because of where I am in my cycle and since I was on BCPs at one point. When IVF is closer I will have to ask you all if there’s something different that needs to be done at certain times maybe me and my acupuncturist just haven’t had that convo yet
  • Options
    @beachbunnyxo123 That's a good question.  I am going to ask my nurse when I talk to her next.  
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Options
    @zwink1 yay for starting!
    @beachbunnyxo123 so weird, I wonder why no sex?

• Options
    @beachbunnyxo123, it's technically wrapping up on Friday, but will basically have to be finished by the end of the day Thurs, which will be so nice not to have to worry about.

@AlohaKumu, we're doing a frozen transfer. My RE prefers them, and in our case she was adamant about doing a frozen transfer to help combat a couple of our smaller issues. So we're looking at a Jan/Feb transfer. I am looking forward to going through this experience with such a great group of ladies!

That is so nice of your acupuncturist! What a great surprise!
  • Options
    @zwink1 That's a great timeline! I think the trend is to do frozen transfers based on the most recent research. (We were told to do a frozen transfer as well.)
    Me: 35 DH: 28
    TTC since June 2016

Azoospermia diagnosis (zero count) Dec 2016

AZFc chromosome microdeletion discovery March 2017
    Unsuccessful TESE for DH in August 2017
    October 2017 IVF with donor sperm
    29R, 24M, 16F, 2d5, 4d6 (6 embryos total)
    Only 3 could have PGS. 2/3 normal. 5 embies frozen
    12/15/17 FET #1 (1 embryo)--CP
    2/7/17 FET #2 (2 embryos)--BFN
    Chronic endometritis diagnosis May 2018
    ERA Sept 2018--borderline receptive--12 more hours of progesterone
    Abnormal SIS Oct 2018
    Repeat hysteroscopy Nov 1. Treated recurring endometritis.
    12/4/18 FET #3 (2 embryos)--BFN
    Our journey has come to an end.
    ~*~*~Nevertheless, she persisted~*~*~
  • Options
    @AlohaKumu  Thank you me too!
    UPDATE - just spoke to my nurse and they are having me come in Thur morning for blood work and US to see what’s going on, Watch I’m sure I’ll get it tomorrow.
  • Options
    @darkstar42 thaaaaat's the word! lol  But yea that's legit the "worst" part.
    I'm glad you changed your appt to go in sooner!  Good luck! I hope things are moving along nicely

@Avrilmai I'm still hoping so hard that it happens for you guys without any sort of intervention!
  • Options
    @Avrilmai That's actually a really good idea.  Currently I read before going to sleep and I'm reading a creepy book so that's not helping anything!
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos

May 2020 FET; BFN
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Options
    ndz2018ndz2018 member
    edited November 2017
    @50Wife Raging Bitch is actually a pretty awesome beer and I have no doubt majority of our Hs would agree with yours at times lol

@Avrilmai did they tell you when to expect the results? 

@kiwi2628 Morocco is AMAZING!! Was there about 12 years ago!! You’re gonna LOVE IT!

@AlohaKumu my brother and SIL are doing their FET in Dec too!! FX for the both of you!

@darkstar42 Hope your Hs work understands!
  • Options
    @Avrilmai That's actually a really good idea.  Currently I read before going to sleep and I'm reading a creepy book so that's not helping anything!

May 2020 FET; BFN
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Options
    @emmasemm Glad to hear every cycle on meds isn't awful. That's probably my future and I'm terrified after reading some of the stuff I've read on here <3 I will be think of you. Send you all the luck in the world with IVF #2! 

@kiwi2628 Eeeek! Hope you have a blast on your vacay! I'm so jelly. 

@darkstar42 I hope your boss is understanding and you feel better soon! When are you doing IUI? I'll be thinking of you! 

@laurad75 My anxiety has been awful since all of this stuff. I hope you get some anxiety relief and a good nights sleep soon. :(

@beachbunnyxo123 We have our appt to discuss IVF and our options this Fri too. I'm kind of dreading it. I hope your appt goes well! 

• Options

@margorita30 My IUI will be next week, but not sure when yet. It depends how my monitoring on Sunday goes. I’ll update you all when I have it scheduled! I totally hear your frustration with the doctors not doing more tests to figure out what’s wrong. I think part of the problem is that there just aren’t that many treatment options, so, in some cases at least, they feel like doing more tests doesn’t matter if you’re going to end up at the same treatment options anyway. It frustrates me to no end.

@KristoKekerooni Thank you! I like your GTKY answer. :)

@emmasemm It’s that relaxing part that’s hard! I have acupuncture Wednesday evening, so that will be good. When I went in last week we still hadn’t decided whether or not to do a medicated cycle, so she doesn’t even know this is what we’re doing yet. Not sure if it will change her protocol at all though.