July 2018 Moms

What my pregnant self is eating

Re: What my pregnant self is eating

• Left over dominos
  • @runsomewhere same. I read the highest instances are deli meat, and since sushi's my fave, I'm having it. When it doesn't make me sick again, that is. 
  • Loading the player...
  • It was really good @crabcake18! I felt like such a fatty because I ate almost all of it& they give you so many fries! Lol
  • My first pregnancy I was in Chicago so it wasn't a big deal but now I'm back home in Louisiana and I don't know how in the hell Im supposed to live off of only 12oz of crawfish/shrimp ect a week...
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • purplepelicanpurplepelican member
    edited November 2017
    Everything. Anything. There has literally only been one hour today when I haven't felt hungry. And my stomach will physically feel full but I'll still have hunger pangs. It's insane. I've been devouring honeycrisp apples and a giant takeout container of a fire roasted eggplant dish from my favorite Indian restaurant.
  • Lima beans...

I don't know what's wrong with me. I'm not sick, and my previous pregnancy I took eating for two as a challenge (gained 85 pounds) and EVERYTHING was delicious and wonderful. Now it's like, "Oh plain bread, white
    rice and Lima beans!" I also at ramen the other day without the flavor pack.
  • @kat029 It’s my first pregnancy but I feel the same way as you. The plainer the better for me right now. I’m like give me plain oatmeal, rice cakes..... so boring! Lol 
  • I am on the same page, I am usually a hot sauce maniac (literally carry packets of sriracha in my bag in case I encounter bland food) but now all I can stomach is boring starch with the occasional vegetable. Having an aversion to all meat too...has not made finding protein easy :(
  • @canucklehead123 A eggnog latte sounds soooo good.  It broke my heart for you that it didn't taste good!  
  • @djh513 mine either!!!! But he is Dominican and made the mistaken by telling me that there Is an old wife’s tale in the DR- that if you don’t give your wife what she craves during pregnancy- you’ll get a stye in your eye  :D I’m thinking there are time I might have to use that to my advantage! 
    Hmm maybe that’s where my husbands sty came from...

We have two sleeping beauties in heaven.
    Jack gained his wings on 09/02/2016. 
    Kali gained her wings on 07/28/2015.
    They will be forever missed. <3
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Do yourself a favor.... go buy these...nom nom

• Do yourself a favor.... go buy these...nom nom
    Adding to my grocery list...
  • @bdesterhouse those goldfish are so good.. My niece eats them.. But now I definitely want to go get some for myself!
  • I had a cheddar and jalapeno bagel with jalapeno cream cheese for breakfast. It was so good. I should probably include some fresh veggies in my other meals today no matter how good jalapeno poppers sound. I'm seeing a theme today...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have to stop myself from eating noodles every day. I want all the spicy noodles: ramen, udon, pasta with fra diavolo sauce....

Last night I caved and DH and I bought a small chocolate cake from TJ's. Other than that, I'm forcing myself to eat salads and lots of veggies during the week. My workplace has a great salad bar with ingredients from a local farm that has been good.

Also, my appetite has way increased, in spite of the occasional nausea. Anyone else?
  • @bdesterhouse - those look amazing! On the grocery list! 
    @runsomewhere - oh. my. gosh. I need that in my life, like right now!
    @sm05-2 - I could eat noodles everyday, even when I wasn't KU. Mine hasn't increased, but I've noticed I get fuller faster, which I'll take as a plus for now.

I had a really craving for grilled cheese and tomato soup yesterday, and that was dinner. Right now, I want pickles. Maybe because I bought pickles yesterday and I know they are in my fridge!
    Me: 34 DH: 33
    DD: 07/19/18
    EDD: 06/22/22
  • @sm05-2 oohh noodles sound so good! I'm literally in the middle of eating a cheeseburger and now I want noodles.  That's sad. 

I'm eating a cheeseburger.... I went to an event this morning and it was catered, but it was all deli meat sandwiches and I'm like...dang.  So stopped at Wendy's on the way back to the office. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Made a whole pot of butternut squash soup and now I can't bring myself to eat it. It sounded soo good this morning 

• I just ate a spearmint lifesaver from a bowl on our receptionist's desk and all my troubles melted away. Like I feel awake and alive and not nauseous. Guys, mint lifesavers are apparently magic. 
  • I want a cheese pizza. Just plain ole cheese. 

But... instead I’m eating soup and peaches. Yay. 

Lab Mom (x2): Sept/Oct 2014 
    Married: August 2015
    DS: Nov 2016 (36w)
    Baby H #2: July2018 (Team Pink!)

• I'm at my desk drinking hot tea, want a coke zero instead.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Apples, grapes, pretzels and Cheerios. That's about it. Has anyone else had issues with sugar? I am pretty grossed out by sweets at the moment and anytime I have sugar I end up sick. 
  • Just saw video of burgers on facebook for national fast food day and for the first time in like 3 weeks i suddenly have the desire to eat and I want a big ass burger with cheese and mushrooms  ahhh im so hungry! 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Burgers must be a thing because I have wanted nothing but a cheeseburger the past couple weeks -- that is very unlike me! 
  • Apples, grapes, pretzels and Cheerios. That's about it. Has anyone else had issues with sugar? I am pretty grossed out by sweets at the moment and anytime I have sugar I end up sick. 
    Such healthy cravings! The only cravings for sweets I have is chocolate. Most other things (like cranberry juice) taste too sweet to me right now.
  • For some reason today I want ALL the spicy food.  I brought a southwest chicken salad for lunch and I tossed the red bell  peppers out of it and added a ton of jalapenos.  I bet I end up regretting that later....oh well, worth it. 
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • @acciocoffee I am feeling the same way - I'm not actually getting sick but find myself having very strong aversions to anything sweet.

my bladder woke me up and now I'm eating cheese toast at 5:30am.... soooo goood. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • It’s 545 am and I’m think about In N Out, sadly I’m in CO. But iv been noticing that even though I’ll eat breakfast around 830 I’ll immediately start think what’s for lunch and how long till lunch lol 
  • It’s 6:53 here and my son is dragging his feet today. I don’t think he realizes how much I NEED my egg white delight from mcd’s. Sooo hungry.

• Just got to work and immediately went to seamless to order a bagel and latte to be delivered. Espresso has less caffeine than regular coffee so it's justified right? Already thinking about lunch too...brought a nice healthy salad but it's my birthday tomorrow and if a coworker offers to buy me lunch I likely will not turn them down...
  • carbs, cheese and sour candy... super healthy right here!
  • wildtot said:
    It’s 545 am and I’m think about In N Out, sadly I’m in CO. But iv been noticing that even though I’ll eat breakfast around 830 I’ll immediately start think what’s for lunch and how long till lunch lol 
    This is soooo me lately!  Yesterday I made tacos for dinner and I literally thought about those dang tacos all day long  :D
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • After a few days of being a blah mommy, DS "helped" me make some eggnog pancakes for breakfast- SO good! I added Nutella and syrup, at least I made them from scratch, right? 
  • Sweet Apple Chicken sausage has been this week's craving... and I'm a vegitarian!!!!
    Ziggy       <3 07/2018-08/2018 <3
    Micah      <3 10/2015
    #recurrentpregnancylossawareness
  • Popsicles! Well not yet, but I really want them, asking H to pick some up for the store, since he was done with work at 2pm, and I still have to work for another 56 minutes...UGH!
    Me: 34 DH: 33
    DD: 07/19/18
    EDD: 06/22/22
  • Everything! I eats all the food!!!
  • I can tell you that my pregnant self will not touch another spicy chicken burger from Wendys with a 10 foot pole.  Was craving one so bad.... am still feeling sick from it this morning  :s
  • I'm loving fruits and avocado, also all the proteins and soupy stuff. I'm getting obsessed with texture, like the softest piece of bread or the crunchiest bacon etc. Anybody with me?
  • KatyF0813 said:
    I can tell you that my pregnant self will not touch another spicy chicken burger from Wendys with a 10 foot pole.  Was craving one so bad.... am still feeling sick from it this morning  :s
    Oww gotta watch out with the spice! I usually LOVE spicy food but I've dialed down the heat by at least half since finding out, I'm scared of heartburn and bathroom troubles (TMI)!