July 2018 Moms
Options

What my pregnant self is eating

Thought I'd start this since it didn't go up on Thursday, and I wanna know! Last preg I didn't really have food cravings per se, but was highly susceptible to suggestions.  So what sounds good now, ladies? 

For me, I'm just so darn THIRSTY all the time. I'm going through fizzy water like I'm a corbonated fish. And it seems like I want everything in liquid form: soups, smoothies gimme anything I can put in a cup.

Re: What my pregnant self is eating

• Options
    I’m putting bets out there I’m having another girl. Chinese calendar says so, and what I eat that doesn’t make me sick later is the same as when I was pregnant with my daughter.

Smoothies sit well and salads. I had OJ the other day and got really bad heartburn. Fast food doesn’t even sound good anymore. My husband is praying that I crave five layer burritos from t bell, since that’s what I craved with our first son. I ate them every night for dinner, cheesier the better. 

We have two sleeping beauties in heaven.
    Jack gained his wings on 09/02/2016. 
    Kali gained her wings on 07/28/2015.
    They will be forever missed. <3
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    hillbillywifehillbillywife member
    edited November 2017
    I’m loving anything with red sauce one it (pizza, meatballs) usually when I’m pregnant I can’t stand meat, but it’s so delicious right now! 

Also- guacamole. My friend made some for a Halloween party and I’ve been thinking about it ever since then. Avocados are DEF on my shopping list. 

ETA: I also didn’t want to eat ice cream last night which is a food staple for me lol. I can usually guarantee that I’m in the mood for ice cream!
  • Options
    @christycalifornia SO THIRSTY!! 

No cravings yet per se but someone left behind those really soft stop&shop sugar cookies in my office and I may have already eaten 3 before 9am.. 
    I can't help myself. PLUS DS literally ONLY got the good candy for Halloween this year- I don't know how! I do know more than half of it is gone already. I guess I have a sweet tooth 
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    I've been thirsty, but drinking a ton of water gives me heartburn, so I cut back on the water and stay thirsty. Sucks. Especially since drinking water is gooood for me. I haven't noticed any cravings (other than I gave up added and processed sugar for 30 days and I'm on my 2nd week, so I want all the donuts and cinnamon rolls and ice cream in sight!) but I have noticed the snacking has already begun. I get super ravenous if I'm not snacking. Also, normally I don't like to eat first thing in the morning, but it started today - I woke up feeling yucky and a bit nauseous so I gobbled up a gross "natural" granola bar and that made it all better. And so it begins. With my first I craved all the guacamole and avocodos, and then I had an aversion to all garlic and onions, so it went to straight up avocados. Lol. 
  • Options
    I attacked the fruity Halloween candy instead of chocolate. Sour patch kids have been my jam the last few days. Might go and see the new Thor movie tonight. Guess what I am going to get!
  • Options
    I ate homemade popcorn lathered in Sriracha the other day.... it was amazing til about half way through. 
  • Options
    @celainev MH covers everything in Sriracha!!! It is a permanent fixture on our dinner table!

As for me, my pregnant self is planning a dinner party for tonight, trying to get up the energy to go to the grocery store.  And looking up mock-tail recipes so no one will notice I’m not actually having a drink!
  • Options
    I usually have such a sweet tooth but so far all I have been craving is salty/savory. I don’t think I’ve ever gone this long without having dessert but it just seems so meh right now. My husband couldn’t believe it the other night when I asked if we could order wings
  • Options
    Soup. Soup of all kinds, but specifically a stuffed hot pepper soup that my mil makes and I’ve asked for twice in the last 2 weeks. I made veggie soup the other day. Like literally soup and salad all day everyday. Even breakfast. Haha. 
  • Options
    Seltzer!!! Joining the so thirsty club. No specific cravings, but I've been really super hungry in the mornings and feeling kind of queasy in the evenings. Chinese last night sounded so good when I ordered it, but I only took a few bites and was just done. I never got sick at all with my son so now of course I'm convinced it's a girl haha. 
  • Options
    All the carbs. 
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • Options
    @swizz09 tell me how it is! We're going tomorrow and everyone's been raving. 

@zande2016 solidarity. We ordered pizza for family movie night last night. I took two bites and was put off food for the rest of the night.  :s

@hillbillywife that's so funny! A bunch of my veggie/vegan friends started craving meat hard core when they were pregnant, creating a big moral delemma for them. Itsntbit funny how our bodies want what they want and don't care what's our norm? Even for me, meats I normally love are out (bacon, beef, fish, most meats really) and meats I normally find disgusting are so delicious (I hate sausage but I INHALED a Starbucks country sausage sandwich the other day). Last time I went in on creamy foods, and was eating mayo and pesto, which are normally huge no-nos for me.  Pregnancy is weird. 
  • Options
    Soup. Soup of all kinds, but specifically a stuffed hot pepper soup that my mil makes and I’ve asked for twice in the last 2 weeks. I made veggie soup the other day. Like literally soup and salad all day everyday. Even breakfast. Haha. 
    YES!!!  I cannot get enough soup and salad right now!  I got a Panera Turkey Sausage, Kale and Quinoa soup at Target last night, and holy moly it is delicious!!  I don't know how I've not had this in my life before now.
  • Options
    swizz09 said:
    I attacked the fruity Halloween candy instead of chocolate. Sour patch kids have been my jam the last few days. Might go and see the new Thor movie tonight. Guess what I am going to get!
    I ate sour patch kids all the time with my first son. My boss kept a huge stock pile for me at work.

• Options
    Cheese turkey mushroom onion omelette. Yum. All the spice, all the soup, all the salt please!
  • Options

I'm dying for some fall chili. Dying. And I'm not a huge meat person. I bought all the ingredients we were missing and was planning on making it Sunday.... But of course our fridge broke yesterday. So no room for leftovers=no chili for me. 

• Options
    @acunamatada. Nooooooooooo! Boo for unexpected expenses. 
  • Options
    I no love crave sweet things. I want savory particularly cheese 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    @christycalifornia eh we still rent so it's on my landlord to replace it. And I warned her two months ago that it was acting up but she decided to wait until it was completely shot to do anything about it. She's not exactly my favorite person. 
  • Options
    @christycalifornia so weird!! We knew I was pregnant with my first because DH was eating a kraut dog and I wanted to eat his kraut which I always thought was gross before! Babies- they do something to you!
  • Options
    @christycalifornia eh we still rent so it's on my landlord to replace it. And I warned her two months ago that it was acting up but she decided to wait until it was completely shot to do anything about it. She's not exactly my favorite person. 
    Landlords are the actual worst. My last one wasn’t my favorite person either. Hopefully she replaces your fridge ASAP! 
  • Options
    @hillbillywife supposedly Tuesday! She is literally the laziest/cheapest person alive. From Feb-July last year we were going back and forth about fixing a leak in our ceiling, and then fixing it again, and then repairing the hole.. and then painting the hole.
    We would move if we weren't buying a house in a year or so. We have so many pets at this point it'd be such a hassle to find anything in our price range!  
  • Options
    @christycalifornia we are currently debating between Thor and cranking out some more Stranger Things since we brought our Roku with us. Tough decisions....
  • Options
    swizz09 said:
    I ate sour patch kids all the time with my first son. My boss kept a huge stock pile for me at work.
    I hope it’s a boy thing. That’s what we are hoping for this time!
  • Options
    Oh man, when I get hungry I get HANGRY

~Peter Pan 

*TW*
  • Options
    Meat. I want all the meat! 

I made some meatloaf on Thursday. I’ve never even had meatloaf in my life before, haha. Pinterest came to the rescue with a brown sugar meatloaf recipe. 
  • Options
    Halloween candy. Not cause I'm pregnant, I just like candy. ;)
  • Options
    @acunamatada fingers crossed!!
  • Options
    Nothing! Today I don’t have an appetite at all! Not sure if it’s the antibiotics but I’m super nauseous tonight 

• Options
    swizz09 said:
    swizz09 said:
    I hope it’s a boy thing. That’s what we are hoping for this time!
    @swizz09 I basically LIVED off sour skittles when pregnant with my son, so maybe it is! We didnt find out wjat we were having and won't be with this one either so intrigued if I have the same cravings or not!
  • Options
    Pretty much just Halloween candy at this point. 

I just found out out on Friday and I still don’t feel pregnant. It’s weird, the second time around.  It’s like I know what to expect but also... it’s like I forget. 

Lab Mom (x2): Sept/Oct 2014 
    Married: August 2015
    DS: Nov 2016 (36w)
    Baby H #2: July2018 (Team Pink!)

• Options
    @djh513 Definitely this. I didn't have many symptoms with my first (I didn't know for 3 months) and now I know all sorts of early and don't know what to do with myself. 
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Nothing yet, just been super thirsty, so chugging water like a mad person. I've also noticed that in the morning I am not in the mood for breakfast, but I still make myself eat a little bit. 
    Me: 34 DH: 33
    DD: 07/19/18
    EDD: 06/22/22
  • Options
    All the chocolate milk ever! I refused to identify it as a craving until after I got my BFP. But I haven't had chocolate milk in years. 
  • Options
    My coworker brought up sushi for lunch tomorrow and it does not sound apitizing. :( and I love western sushi. :(

• Options
    Chipotle queso which normally I find nasty I am LOVING today! Pregnancy is weird

• Options
    @lindsayleigh1989 I haven't tried it yet! I've been wondering though. It's normally gross? How sad. Bad queso is no bueno. 
  • Options
    I ate 5 bowls of mixed greens at work yesterday.  The dressing was just tasting soo good. 

~Peter Pan 

*TW*
  • Options
    @christycalifornia yeah i have not liked it at all it has a weird texture and is not gooey or yummy like most queso