July 2018 Moms
Options

What my pregnant self is eating

Re: What my pregnant self is eating

• Options
    I have (luckily) been craving super healthy stuff so far.  Grapefruit, peanut butter, and SPINACH (ick, but ok). Yesterday I was super nauseous so I didn't eat much at all.  Feeling better this morning so hopefully I can eat some breakfast! 
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @christycalifornia yeah i have not liked it at all it has a weird texture and is not gooey or yummy like most queso 
    I found that I liked it more on day two reheated. I cannot explain this. 

• Options
    No cravings here yet. I haven't had any nausea or anything but my stomach has been really tight. Any time I try and eat a large portion I start feeling like I'm going to throw it back up. (Wish I had that when I wasn't pregnant!) and I also usually have a big sweet tooth (non-pregnant) but I've had a bit of an aversion to sweets this week. So weird. 
  • Options
    Okay today, it has been wheat things sundried tomato & basil!
    Me: 34 DH: 33
    DD: 07/19/18
    EDD: 06/22/22
  • Options
    Have been so nauseous this morning, the only thing that doesn’t sound terrible is hot sauce (I’m a hot sauce fanatic anyway so this isn’t too weird) but now I’m trying to figure out what to put it on that won’t make me sick :/
  • Options
    We're getting a new fridge today so I cooked up some chili this morning to simmer in the croc pot all day. I can't stop picking at it! 
  • Options
    Still eating like a not-pregnant person. No aversions, cravings or nauseous. If it weren’t for continually positive tests, I would be seriously doubting I’m pregnant right now. I think my husband is doubting it. Lol I need to enjoy it while it lasts. 

Lab Mom (x2): Sept/Oct 2014 
    Married: August 2015
    DS: Nov 2016 (36w)
    Baby H #2: July2018 (Team Pink!)

• Options
    Taco Tuesday tonight! I'm excited. 
  • Options
    Food wise, nothing sounds great -- everything just sounds meh. I keep skimming this thread in hopes something will sound appealing. 
  • Options
    It’s Spirit Night for my Son’s school at a local pizza place tonight. Praying I don’t get heartburn from all the good pizza! 
  • Options
    The only thing that doesn’t sound terrible right now is matzo ball soup. Thank god for living in NYC where you can get it 24/7 (just trying to figure out the earliest my office mate won’t hate me for having some this morning). 
  • Options
    No real cravings yet just hungry in general. Didn’t really get them with DS either. I can’t stand marinara sauce since DS. I’ve actually started eating his snacks lol like the apple sauce with veggies. 
  • Options
    The only thing that doesn’t sound terrible right now is matzo ball soup. Thank god for living in NYC where you can get it 24/7 (just trying to figure out the earliest my office mate won’t hate me for having some this morning). 
    That sounds so good!! Off to seamless to see if anywhere with matzo ball soup delivers to my office (also NYC here)
  • Options
    I really want a big ass burrito, not sure if this is my normal love of burritos or if I can blame the pregnancy  :p
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @runsomewhere was just thinking how good a burrito bowl would be right now! 
  • Options
    @zande2016 what area is you office in? If anywhere in midtown (towards the east side) try sarges. My absolute favorite in the city for soup and sandwiches. If midtown towards the west side try Bens (though they may be pickup only) :) 
  • Options
    @devilcat139 thanks for the recs, but unfortunately I'm in one of the boroughs :neutral: the food in my work neighborhood is generally very mediocre, but at least there are a ton of options that deliver. 
  • Options
    I've been wanting just plain food. French bread loaf or just cooked veggies or sweet-vingerette salads. No candy, no pickle subway sandwiches like last pregnancy, and my never-ending love for Mexican food is getting a scrunchy nose from me.  :( 

Appetite hasn't changed yet, and I'm not feeling sick yet!
  • Options
    I am eating everything that crosses my path!!!! Last week I could barely look at food and with DS i barely ate all first tri, what is going on!!!
  • Options
    @bubby15 I'm the same!  I think I only gained a couple pounds with DD during the first trimester and would have to make myself eat to not be nauseous.  This time, so far, it's like I can't get enough food!  I want all of everything, but then very suddenly and randomly I will not haha, but it passes quickly.  So far I've had a few bouts of nausea but nothing like last time.  I keep telling myself that its going to hit any day now!  
  • Options
    My MIL made steak fajitas.. gimme gimme sooooo good. My lunch is soooo good today. :)

We have two sleeping beauties in heaven.
    Jack gained his wings on 09/02/2016. 
    Kali gained her wings on 07/28/2015.
    They will be forever missed. <3
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Queso and chips are my snack of the day. And probably some skittles. Keepin' it real over here.
  • Options
    I'm going to Costco today and I'm interested to see what I come home with  :D
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • Options
    @coco2787 I ann going to Costco this weekend, so that should be interesting for me as well!

Right now- I’m so nervous about eating healthy- so I’ve just been focusing on that. I am already overweight so I’m trying to not gain too much. My appetite just isn’t there. All my previously prego friends have told me this will pass with a vengeance. 

After reading this soup soup sounds fabulous! Lol
  • Options
    I'm heating up some soup right now @catftm2018 :) 
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • Options
    Everything. I'M SO EFFING HUNGRY!!!! Just made a southwest salad with avo and BBQ and everything. Yummm. It's been basically nauseous, eat, feel better, keep eating because I still feel hungry, even more nauseous. 
    Ziggy       <3 07/2018-08/2018 <3
    Micah      <3 10/2015
    #recurrentpregnancylossawareness
  • Options
    kat029kat029 member
    edited November 2017
    @coco2787 Be careful. That sounds like a quick way to be out 500 bucks and fridge space!
  • Options
    @coco2787 wanting all the carbs here too! Mm pasta and sanwhiches. I also want bland- rice crispies with banana has been my breakfast everyday! @lindsayleigh1989 cheese has been delish too, Queso sounds amazing! 
  • Options
    Moose stroganoff over buttered noodles. Making Cheeseburger Pizza tonight, homemade Hot Pockets with my home Ec class in 10 minutes, Caribou Satay tomorrow, Moose stew Sunday, tacos with homemade tortillas tomorrow, and probably a huge pot of Tom Yum Gang soup (or my close approximation living in the middle of nowhere - literally!) to can and eat every day :)
  • Options
    Someone brought in Peace Love and Little Donuts to work today....seriously proud of myself for only having 1 donut.
  • Options
    i made a delicious roast in the crockpot but do you think my pregnant self wants jt now? hell no nauseous as all get out. im going to cry and wish i wanted to eat it!!! 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    I wanted tomato soup in the WORST WAY tonight! But with a really specific texture and sweetness to salinity ratio. So I had to make it. Luckily my energy was decent enough to watch a pot, and The Bean helped out. By helped, I mean stirred, and stuffed half the cheese I shredded for grilled cheeses in her mouth, but that the sous chef's prerogative, I guess. :D
  • Options
    Chipotle is very close to my heart these days. I’ve been trying to watch my carbs but gave in tonight and had a chicken quesadilla with extra corn salsa. And hubs bought me some starburst as a peace offering for eating the leftover lasagna. Dinner was good today. 
  • Options
    @lindsayleigh1989 Why is that such a thing?? I'll see something that finally looks good to me, take two bites, then it becomes completely unappetizing. I have to stop ordering Starbucks or buying to-go, by the time I get it home it no longer is tasty. :P

• Options
    Oh I feel you on the Starbucks @christycalifornia Or, Dunkin Donuts, rather. Had to trash over half my coffee because it suddenly started tasting AWFUL and turning my stomach! Fun part was that I was stuck in my son's ENT appointment, lol. Yay for hormones!
    Ziggy       <3 07/2018-08/2018 <3
    Micah      <3 10/2015
    #recurrentpregnancylossawareness
  • Options
    Coffee is always the first thing to go for me with morning sickness. It just does NOT taste right until after the baby comes. I always switch to tea. Very odd. 
  • Options
    I actually thought a cup of coffee I made last week was bad.  It tasted awful to me.  I made DH try it and he was like "it tastes fine to me". So weird.
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • Options
    KFrobKFrob member
    edited November 2017
    edit: aw rats, posted in the wrong thread!  

But since I'm here... the ravioli I had for lunch turned my stomach, I chose to eat cookies instead  :)

• Options
    About to have some five guys burger and fries! Yum!