February 2018 Moms
Options

Randoms. Week of 10.9

Re: Randoms. Week of 10.9

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    A co-worker brought in fish for lunch today and heated it up in the microwave. Not pregnant what would make me want to vomit. Pregnant me now wants to vomit and is getting a migraine. 
  • Options
    We took a class on breastfeeding this weekend.  The look of uncomfortableness on every man's face in the room when they played the first video clip and the mother's boobs were on display was very entertaining.  You could tell they were not expecting that at all!  DH said I thought there would just be diagrams not actual live boobs.  Good class though!!
    No amount of information or classes prepared me for actual breastfeeding. It was like the blind leading the blind with me and DS. Lol
  • Options
    The June intro thread just got shut down.  Drama starts on page 5.

That June bunch. Damn!
  • Options
    Baby boy has been more quiet than usual. I still feel movement but it's not like his usual routine. Not sure if it's a growth spurt or maybe he moved positions and I'm just feeling things differently. I have my monthly OB appt at 3 so I'm hoping they can hook me up and just make sure things are going okay in there. 
  • Options
    We are not taking that class @the_other_mother.    My OB is great about going over what we need to know and I  have no desire to actually see what is going to happen my vagina.  I'm a wuss!  We are going to take a class called ABCs of baby so DH can learn the basics.  It also covers postpartum care for me.

I know it doesn't prepare you 100% for the real thing @SunflowerMama428 but I had a very basic knowledge and DH had none.  We are still going to have a lot to figure out but I feel slightly more armed with information.
  • Options
    seitzy3 said:
    As much as I'm dying to read the June drama, my FB s16 drama that happened this past weekend has me spent. I'm so sad over it. It's like a year worth of bottled emotions just exploded! 

Damnit. Who am I kidding. Brb 
    I’m sorry you’re old BMB had drama this weekend. <3 that really sucks. Especially after you go they so much together. 
  • Options
    I’m secondhand embarrassed about that thread. 
  • Options
    It's way to early for that kind of drama. Sheesh!  
  • Options
    Wow. Just wow. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Thank you! And thank you for not making us read the first 4 pages!!
  • Options

Well that was entertaining 
  • Options
    @karcerplus3 they are getting to the age where they are sleeping more frequently so that could part of the reason you aren’t feeling as much. Definitely ask, but I bet that’s all it is! ❤️ 

Now I need to go read June’s thread. I feel like this our group is overall very nice and helpful. What is it with these women in June? If all their threads are like this they’ll end up having to shut down all of June, lol!
  • Options

Thank you! That board is cray-cray!!! 
  • Options
    :hushed: so they are seriously only like a week or two into this thread and have the INTRO page (of all of them) shut down. Lol! So like, the other hundreds of moms won’t get to introduce themselves or what?! Lol! 
  • Options
    mpp06 said:
    :hushed: so they are seriously only like a week or two into this thread and have the INTRO page (of all of them) shut down. Lol! So like, the other hundreds of moms won’t get to introduce themselves or what?! Lol! 
    This happened on one of the other boards (March maybe??) and they started a version 2.0
  • Options
    A co-worker brought in fish for lunch today and heated it up in the microwave. Not pregnant what would make me want to vomit. Pregnant me now wants to vomit and is getting a migraine. 
    Rule #1 of shared office space: no stinky food in the microwave! I yelled at a coworker recently about fish. And one day I walked in and smelled peppers and almost puked. 

Re: the June intros, the Bump never forgets. I wish I were on desktop to lurk that post history! I get annoyed with people who hate lurkers. Do people think this is closed from the internet? There are lurkers who don't have accounts who can see everything! 
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Options
    *hides while reading the exchange from secondhand embarrassment that I know too much*
  • Options
    I would definitely not post that kind of stuff on an open forum though. 
  • Options
    I need to check out this June board!

I teach 8th grade. We have plastic hall passes with decals. Last year it took until May for the kids to figure out this little trick. This year, it only took until Day 25 of the school year. How many days until Feb. 16th???

ETA: This will never not be funny, I just can't let the kids know that...

Apparently, SO is an 8th grader.  At our AS this morning, our tech mentioned LO was 420 grams.  SO heard 420 and thought that was the best thing ever.  He called his friends in California to tell them we were having a 420 baby.  He even said in one picture it looked he was holding a blunt.
  • Options
    *hides while reading the exchange from secondhand embarrassment that I know too much*
    Do tell!!!
  • Options
    Do tell!!!
    Was going to say the same! 

And why why they be hating on Feb BMB? Others have lurked/commented from many other BMBs. 

On another note, Ttgpers are a tight group, don't be messing with them lol. 
  • Options
    Probably bc @SarahFoley725 had an awesome comment and she's one of our people  :)
  • Options
    Well that's some interesting June drama. It pleases me deeply to have upset them so much. Let's do it more often. 

@meatballs37 you've been on my mind all day. I woke up around 3am thinking of you. 

Ive got a stomach bug and it's pretty awful. *knock on wood* I haven't barfed since about noon but all I've kept down was half a bottle of water. DH came home a little early and my dad is going to bring some pedialite and Gatorade for me. I guess being her has its perks. I'd love to avoid a hospital trip for stupid fluids. 
  • Options
    clc515 said:
    I think I need to favorite the June board just for fun reading. March has been very tame lately compared to lol. 

Definitely random but happy to share, DH has agreed to get rid of our mostly comfortable but heinously ugly couches he's had for way too long, and he's getting a new sectional for the living room! It's attractive and comfy and has a chaise, so very excited. 
    Omg! We just bought a sofa this weekend as well. Sectional with chaise and I can not wait for it to be delivered. I’m over the 10 year old mess we have!
  • Options
    clc515 said:
    I think I need to favorite the June board just for fun reading. March has been very tame lately compared to lol. 

Definitely random but happy to share, DH has agreed to get rid of our mostly comfortable but heinously ugly couches he's had for way too long, and he's getting a new sectional for the living room! It's attractive and comfy and has a chaise, so very excited. 
    Omg! We just bought a sofa this weekend as well. Sectional with chaise and I can not wait for it to be delivered. I’m over the 10 year old mess we have!
    +1 on the new sofa. We haven't purchased yet, but we're narrowing down and I am so excited. I HATE our sectional. We're getting new carpet in our den so perfect excuse to throw out the gross old sofa!
  • Options
    clc515 said:

I've been dying to get new couches but we prioritized and just bought a new washer and dryer instead. We've desperately needed an upgrade and I figured a baby was a good excuse since they make a lot of laundry. Home Depot has a good sale if anyone else is looking!
    Guess we'll have to wait a little while longer on couches.
  • Options
    Well that's some interesting June drama. It pleases me deeply to have upset them so much. Let's do it more often. 

@meatballs37 you've been on my mind all day. I woke up around 3am thinking of you. 

Ive got a stomach bug and it's pretty awful. *knock on wood* I haven't barfed since about noon but all I've kept down was half a bottle of water. DH came home a little early and my dad is going to bring some pedialite and Gatorade for me. I guess being her has its perks. I'd love to avoid a hospital trip for stupid fluids. 
    @SarahFoley725
    Feel better soon. Sorry you're having to deal with a nasty stomach bug. no fun! 

@meatballs37
    Praying so much for you and the twins. Been thinking about you too. 
  • Options
    I was on holidays and couldn’t keep up with the random thread, what’s going on with nightnurse and meatball?
    Andrea (31), married Aaron (36) September 2012
    Parents to fur babies Tiki and Gizzmo and 2yr old Georgia
    IF veterans; #1 conceived on second clomid+HCG+IUI, #2 conceived on 1st Letrozole+HCG+IUI
    EDD: Feb 5, 2018