Infertility
Options

November FET

Re: November FET

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @funkykey WTAF?? What an ignorant thing to say! Has she ever taken a biology class? What does being aggressive have to do with it? I would have let her have it as well. Most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

@sunnyrain2 wow I wish I had known that. My Lupron was >$600 from freedom pharmacy.  :'(

@JamieH2000 My point exactly. DH even said 'Ok so if they say it has to be in the morning we will do it just after midnight' lol. I don't want to mess anything up but I feel like it makes no sense and it's probably a nurse just giving her opinion. It would also be easier for us to give it in the evening when we are at home relaxing instead of when rushing to work in the morning but whatever, I will do as they say. 
  • Options
    @BusinessWife - It's my second transfer. I did one this summer that ended in a chemical, so this was the next cycle my body was ready for. I'm glad to be jumping back in, rather than waiting around, but I do feel like my hormones have been crazy since about May and I've kind of forgotten what I normally feel like.

@safire3 - My clinic has me do Lupron at night. I don't know the reasoning, though.

@funkykey - One thing this process has taught me is how to just take a breath and walk away from people who say ridiculously offensive things. There are just too many to take them all seriously anymore. Sad.

38 years old, one blocked tube and probably endometriosis

2011-2014 - Many rounds of Clomid and medicated IUI's
    2014 - IVF - BFP! Son born 2015.
    August 2017 - FET #1 - Chemical
    November 2017 - FET #2 - Canceled
    January 2018 - FET #3 - Chemical
    August 2018 - FET #4 - BFN
    Moving on to domestic infant adoption!
  • Options
    @funkykey I'm sorry you were having a bad day. That friend of yours really is something. I wish I'd never be like that to anyone, I don't wanna say anything thoughtless or stupid.

@dragonette505 I'm sorry about the polyp. I've always had that question why some Dr.'s don't address the issue of polyps earlier, like before the start of IVF or something. I don't want to think that they've just plainly overlooked it. They must have some good explanation to this.
  • Options
    @dragonette505 So frustrating! I am not sure how relevant this is to your experience, but I read this a while back when I was reading about procedures before IVF: https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/06/140630094745.htm

• Options
    You ladies are the memes/GIFs queens!! You'd think I would be good at them, being a millenial and all, but I don't even know how to post or find them! Love seeing them though!
    History in Spoiler

Age: 32 (same with DH). Together since 2006, Married June 2013 and TTC since August 2015
    Diagnosis: Mild Endo, DOR (AMH of 1.5), Poor Quality Eggs/embryos, Displaced Window of Implantation (ERA Post Receptive)
    March-May 2016: 1 TI and 2 IUIs- BFN 
    June 2016- Laproscopy- found/removed mild endo and confirmed only 1 normal healthy ovary.
    August 2016- IVF #1 with Antagonist Protocol- Cancelled (2 lead follies), converted to IUI- BFN
    Oct-Nov 2016- IVF #2 with Estrogen Priming Micro Lupron Protocol, 2 eggs retrieved, day 3 transfer of 1- BFN
    January 2017- New RE, IVF#3 with Estrogen Priming Antagonist Protocol, 12 eggs, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, 2 day 5 early blasts transferred (none to freeze :(), BFN
    May 2017- Sept 2017- Starting Donor Egg process! Waiting for donor to be available... and then she is pregnant at baseline :(
    Oct 2017- Donor #2: 25R, 22M,18F, 12 blasts frozen! Fresh transfer cancelled due to thin lining with fluid :(
    Nov 2017- Hysterscopy to remove polyp
    Dec 2017- DE FET #1 on 12/8 on 2 perfect blasts- BFN and devastated
    Jan-Mar 2018- ERA #1- Post receptive by 24 hours, ERA #2 RECEPTIVE with 4 days of Progesterone
    Apr 2018- DE FET cancelled for lining issues :(
    Jun 2018- DE FET #2 of two 1AA blasts- first BFP ever! Beta 10dp5dt- 378, Beta 14dp5dt- 2840, Beta 16dp5dt- 4035, beta 18dp5dt- 10916. Due on 2/20 with one baby after a vanishing twin
    Baby Born born early @ 33.5 weeks due to Pre-e
    Back for # 2!
  • Options
    adirat said:
    @dragonette505 So frustrating! I am not sure how relevant this is to your experience, but I read this a while back when I was reading about procedures before IVF: https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/06/140630094745.htm

well, ive only had one transfer (which didn't fail...the embie just was abnormal) but I didn't have a hysteroscopy before that transfer, to be honest... Like, who even knows anymore. I'm at a new clinic and I think it is routine for them. But at the same time, they literally just looked all in my ute a few weeks ago. Either I'm a go or no go probably based on that... I'm like...wtf???

• Options
    dragonette505dragonette505 member
    edited October 2017
    You ladies are the memes/GIFs queens!! You'd think I would be good at them, being a millenial and all, but I don't even know how to post or find them! Love seeing them though!

Its pretty easy (and addictive once you start)
    heres the easiest place to find gifs
    https://giphy.com/
    all you gotta do is search and pick one by clicking on the image you like
    then to the right of the image , click on "copy link"
    then when you are posting move your curser where you want the gif to go then go to the "attach image" icon on the tool bar above (little box with he mountain and sun)
    paste the  link there and hit enter
    voila!!

• Options
    @adirat any updates??
    • Me: 36 DH: 33
    • TTC since June 2016
    • Me: PCOS DH: Morphology 1%
    • 3 TI with Famera and trigger shots-BFN
    • 3 IUI's with Famera and trigger shots- BFN
    • IVF August 2017 25 eggs retrieved, 19 mature, 13 fertilized (ICSI), 5 frozen, 3 PGS normal 
    • FET November 2017 Transferred one 6 day blast (a little GIRL) BFP EDD 8/4/18

• Options
    @coco305 yay!!! That's exciting!!
  • Options
    @coco305 good luck ❤️
    • TTC since June 2016
    • IVF August 2017 25 eggs retrieved, 19 mature, 13 fertilized (ICSI), 5 frozen, 3 PGS normal 

• Options
    @adirat Any news yet?

@coco305 Good luck with your baseline!
  • Options
    @coco305- good luck today! Mine is on Monday, so hopefully just a few days behind you!

@dragonette505- Thanks for the info! I will have to try to find some good ones! Hope you can talk to RE soon and figure out the deal with your polyp and transfer!
    History in Spoiler

Age: 32 (same with DH). Together since 2006, Married June 2013 and TTC since August 2015
    Diagnosis: Mild Endo, DOR (AMH of 1.5), Poor Quality Eggs/embryos, Displaced Window of Implantation (ERA Post Receptive)
    March-May 2016: 1 TI and 2 IUIs- BFN 
    June 2016- Laproscopy- found/removed mild endo and confirmed only 1 normal healthy ovary.
    August 2016- IVF #1 with Antagonist Protocol- Cancelled (2 lead follies), converted to IUI- BFN
    Oct-Nov 2016- IVF #2 with Estrogen Priming Micro Lupron Protocol, 2 eggs retrieved, day 3 transfer of 1- BFN
    January 2017- New RE, IVF#3 with Estrogen Priming Antagonist Protocol, 12 eggs, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, 2 day 5 early blasts transferred (none to freeze :(), BFN
    May 2017- Sept 2017- Starting Donor Egg process! Waiting for donor to be available... and then she is pregnant at baseline :(
    Oct 2017- Donor #2: 25R, 22M,18F, 12 blasts frozen! Fresh transfer cancelled due to thin lining with fluid :(
    Nov 2017- Hysterscopy to remove polyp
    Dec 2017- DE FET #1 on 12/8 on 2 perfect blasts- BFN and devastated
    Jan-Mar 2018- ERA #1- Post receptive by 24 hours, ERA #2 RECEPTIVE with 4 days of Progesterone
    Apr 2018- DE FET cancelled for lining issues :(
    Jun 2018- DE FET #2 of two 1AA blasts- first BFP ever! Beta 10dp5dt- 378, Beta 14dp5dt- 2840, Beta 16dp5dt- 4035, beta 18dp5dt- 10916. Due on 2/20 with one baby after a vanishing twin
    Baby Born born early @ 33.5 weeks due to Pre-e
    Back for # 2!
  • Options
    I have so much to catch up omg sorry girls...i don't get on here much....i need to start making a habit to get on each day. I hope you all are well!!! 
    @JamieH2000 nice to see you again...but I'll be glad when we don't have to do any more ivf.  I started Lupron the same day as u too!!!!
    Me  Hydrosalpinx(36) & DH 0% morphology (37)
    Jan 2007- started TTC ( temp everyday and opk and clomid used 12 cycles)
    Oct 2010- Natural BFP after 22 months TTC ( NO MEDS USED)
    Feb 2011- Still birth @ 16 weeks 
    May 2011- Myomectomy to remove grapefruit size fibroid
    Jan 2015- Essure to block hydrosalpinx
    April 2015 - 1st IUI  - BFN
    May 2015 - 2nd IUI - BFN
    Aug 2015 - IVF ER: BCP, lupron, Menopur, Bravelle, HCG (Trigger Shot) 12 eggs retrieved, 8  mature, 7 fertilized, 3 to blast, 2 passed pgs ( BOYS)
    Sept 2015 - FET transferred 2 embryos passed PGS (BOYS)- BFN ( NO FROSTIES left )
    Dec 2015- ICH Brain hemorrhage
    April 2016- Start Birth Control Got cleared for IVF/ diagnosed with MTHFR gene mutation/ HUBBY HAS ABOVE NORMAL MORPH/COUNT/MOTILITY
    May 2016- Start meds for ER 
    May 1- Start Lupron for long lupron protocol
    May 13- Started Stims 300 follistim,75 menopur, 10 lupron stimmed for  10 days
    May 24-  16 eggs retrieved,  12 mature eggs, 8 fertilized, 5 to blast. qty 2 day 6 AA blast. qty 3 7 day blast grades AA and AB.
    Have 3 NORMAL PGS TESTED GIRLS. 1 "INCONCLUSIVE" embryo still good for use.
    7/8- Started AF and Estraidol patches
    8/2- FET scheduled ( HUBBY BDAY!!!) and my clinic automatically uses EMBRYO GLUE!
    8/2- Transferred 1 6AA pgs tested girl
    8/15 - Beta #1 137 I AM PREGNANT!!!! EDD 4/20/17
    8/17- Beta #2 269 
    9/1- MISCARRIAGE. Baby stopped growing at 5 weeks 3 days. 
    10/19- Have Baseline for IVF#3. Fresh transfer.
    10/21- Start stims 300 Follistim 150 Menopur and Ganirelix 
    11/2/16-ER 43 eggs retrieved. 15 mature. 9 Fertilized. All 9 still growing but 4 are leading and are 8 cell day 3 grade AA.
    11/7/16- Fresh transfer of 1 embryo
  • Options
    Ugh the clinic I'm at is merging with the other local clinic. The new doctor has been reviewing all of the patient files since he'll be doing some of the procedures. Apparently when I had a preconception consult with MFM last year they recommended a EKG and 24 hr urine for me, and I have to get a doctors note from my regular Endocrinologist saying it's ok for me to do fertility treatments (I've done two transfers already this year). I hope this doesn't delay things since the lab closes Nov 17th until after the new year for the holidays. This is the first time I'm hearing about these additional tests. 

When I was pregnant with my daughter I had gestational diabetes and required insulin 4x a day. I was also induced at 37 weeks due to erratic BP (it would bounce from normal to 160/100+ every few minutes). I had 4 EKGs then, and was fine. I was diagnosed with Type II diabetes and Hypertension a year later so I'm on lots of maintenance meds. Due to my history MFM wants me to get checked out, more thoroughly than my PCP evidently. The new RE also wants my a1c under 6 when my Endo and MFM said under 6.5 was fine. I'm currently at 6.2. 

I'm pretty frustrated that my other doctors weren't concerned but this new RE is making me jump through hoops to do what I've already been doing. 
    Melissa 39 - DH 45
    TTC # 1 - 4 years, 7 IUIs, 3 IVF, 1 FET, 2 M/C, DD 2015 :)
    TTC # 2 - IVF # 4 March 2017 Long Lupron, 150 Gonal F, 150 Menopur
                                 21R, 12M, 7F, Transferred 2 Froze 1 - BFN
                    FET # 2  May 2017 - BFN
                    IVF # 5 Sep 2017 - Antagonist, no BCP.  200 iu Follistim, 150 iu Menopur, Cetrotide started day 5, Lupron trigger
                                 19R, 13M, 12F, No Transfer - 2 "beautiful" blasts frozen
                    FET # 3 Nov 2017
  • Options
    @sunnyrain2 ugh! It's always one more darn thing!! Fingers crossed it is simple to get the extra tests taken care of!
  • Options
    @sunnyrain2 clinics and doctors can be so frustrating. Do they allow e mail? Maybe if you tell your whole story and concerns, they might understand better. 
    • TTC since June 2016

• Options
    funkykeyfunkykey member
    edited October 2017
    @adirat - great news!

@dragonette505 - I love the WTF gif so much - I laugh every time

https://media.giphy.com/media/aZ3LDBs1ExsE8/giphy.gif
  • Options
    tinjp78tinjp78 member
    edited October 2017
    @dragonette505 I've been thinking about you and I think getting that polyp out before your ET is not a bad idea especially if your RE suggests it. But whatever you feel is right, pls go for it.
  • Options
    @tinjp78 Yeah... I guess I just don't know what it is the doc saw, so I am completely neutral. If she says its something in a place that doesn't matter, I might just go ahead and transfer...

@BusinessWife my estrogen is always sent to a local pharmacy, and if I was doing bcp's they would also go to a local pharmacy... I would ask, but I'm pretty sure that's how most clinics do it, since its not a specialty item