Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

IF Testing &Treatment: week of September 4th

124»

Re: IF Testing &Treatment: week of September 4th

• Options
    @JuneRoseRuby I'm so sorry that things didn't work out the way that you had hoped but I am happy that you are feeling better about the plan forward.  I hope the IUI works and you don't need to use those two embies for a long while!  So many hugs friend!

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
    Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
    5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @safire3 yay!!!! That's great news about your embryos, don't stress about them! Thinking of you! Be safe!!!
  • Options
    @leekat14 I wish I were, too :( So much waiting. I starting reading and dipping my toes into the September IVF thread on the IF board, if you're interested. But I would much rather be here with friends like you <3 How are you doing today?

• Options
    I'm so sorry you've been so down friend :( I hope you can get the timing to line up to have a nice trip to Boston, too. You deserve a break to just have fun and not be mired in this. Do you have any fun weekend plans for today/tomorrow?

• Options
    @adirat you are the absolute best. <3 
    Me: 31 Husby: 36
    Married May 2014
    TTC # 2  Since December 2021
    Baby girl W born 2/2021
    Our journey so far...
    (tw loss & infertility)
    Diagnosis: Poor Egg Quality 
    Working with an RE since March 2016
    2 failed TI cycles
    3 failed IUI cycles

IVF Feb - April 2017
    23 eggs collected, 20 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI, 4 day 3 blasts, 3 day 5 blasts, 1 PGS normal
    Transferred 1 PGS normal embryo 4.12.17
    BFP 4.21.17
    MMC due to small gestational sac 6.8.17

Our adoption journey:
    12.25.18 Agency picked and apps submitted!
    5.1.19 Adoption on hold so we can buy a house! 
    1.1.20 Homestudy process started
    3.14.20 First social worker visit
    5.25.20 Homestudy Approved & Submitted to Agency

6.1.20 Surprise! Positive pregnancy test!
    Healthy baby girl born 2/10/2021

• Options
    @tamalahoops Wow, it's anti-adoption? I would not have guessed that. I'll have to go check that out.

• Options
    @adirat Its a very weird sub. There are some adoptive parents that try to balance things out but it seems there are a very vocal group that are against adoption in all situations. 
    Me: 31 Husby: 36
    Married May 2014
    TTC # 2  Since December 2021
    Baby girl W born 2/2021
    Our journey so far...
    (tw loss & infertility)
    Diagnosis: Poor Egg Quality 
    Working with an RE since March 2016
    2 failed TI cycles
    3 failed IUI cycles

IVF Feb - April 2017
    23 eggs collected, 20 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI, 4 day 3 blasts, 3 day 5 blasts, 1 PGS normal
    Transferred 1 PGS normal embryo 4.12.17
    BFP 4.21.17
    MMC due to small gestational sac 6.8.17

Our adoption journey:
    12.25.18 Agency picked and apps submitted!
    5.1.19 Adoption on hold so we can buy a house! 
    1.1.20 Homestudy process started
    3.14.20 First social worker visit
    5.25.20 Homestudy Approved & Submitted to Agency

6.1.20 Surprise! Positive pregnancy test!
    Healthy baby girl born 2/10/2021

• Options
    madspunkmadspunk member
    edited September 2017
    @leekat14 Thanks! I'll keep my fingers crossed that your retrieval gets pushed until Monday. I can understand your frustration that the higher doses haven't changed your response. Maybe it will just take a few more of the higher doses and you'll get more Monday. I'll keep hoping for you.

AFM: I have to cancel my cycle or convert to IVF due to over responding. Not sure what I'm going to do yet... I really wanted to give IUI a chance, but my body seems to disagree with my mind.
  • Options
    @tamalahoops My dad was also adopted so I would love to adopt.  I never believed that could be my only option....
  • Options
    @madspunk oh no so sorry to hear that friend! I was wondering the other day when you gave an update if that would happen since you had 5 follies. I'm sorry I'm on mobile so it's hard to scroll through were you on oral meds or injectables? When do you have to let them know what you want to do by? 
  • Options
    @madspunk I'm so sorry. I know you were looking forward to this IUI and doing one before moving onto IVF. FWIW if I were in your shoes I would've made the same decision to hold off. That way when you are ready for IVF hopefully your meds will be adjusted for you to produce as many follies as possible (not that 5 isn't good but if you are capable of producing more getting the most that you can). I know that must've been a hard decision for you and YH to make. Hugs  <3
  • Options

@kariann323 I am sorry its all been so rough on you, but a break from TTC sounds like a good idea to get into a better headspace. Hopefully, things go well for you and you come back from your break with fantastic news for us!

@safire3 I hope you are staying safe in the storm right now!  And AMAZING news about your embryos! 5 is great.

@travelingcouple good luck with your meeting this week. A good friends brother and his husband adopted and I couldn’t believe all of the steps, tests, visits, and checks they had to do to even be on a list. I am glad they look so into potential families, but knowing how amazing those 2 are had me screaming and I am sure it’ll be the same for your friends and family.

@tamalahoops your list of requirements doesn’t seem like a lot, so it’s odd to me you can’t find an agency that has all of that for you. 

• Options
    @TravelingCouple Well shit. I'm in NY. So great, EVERY part of this journey is like a big f you. 
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    We can be fellow NYers pissed off at the adoption world together. I'll let you know if I find an agency we like that we move forward with. I crossed another one off my list today that isn't accepting applications from adoptive families at this time...sigh. I really feel like every door to a baby is closing right in my effing face these days. @leekat14