Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

IF Testing &Treatment: week of September 4th

Re: IF Testing &Treatment: week of September 4th

• Options
    @beachbunnyxo123. No, not till thursday
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @safire3, that is great news about your follies, GL with the trigger and retrieval-FX for you!

@leekat14 I hope your appt went well today. I'm sending all of my good vibes your way!

@KristoKekerooni, yeah, they only found one grade 1, subclinical varicocele, so I'm super skeptical that surgery does anything at all...buuuttttt, H seems insistent on wanting to try it, and this is a 2 person thing here, so we'll see what we end up deciding.
  • Options
    @laurad75 Ugh, sorry you had to deal with that - I really don't understand how rude people can be

@leekat14 So excited for you to start this cycle - keeping my FX it goes better this time!

@safire3 GL with your retrieval!

@KristoKekerooni I can't believe it's getting so close to you starting the IVF journey! I'm so excited and hopeful for you!!
  • Options

@safire3 That’s great news!!

@Sailing_mama It sounds like you’re in good hands then.  How great to have someone who specializes in one specific area. 

• Options
    Thanks for the heads up @JuneRoseRuby! I have already stocked up on Gatorade and coconut water. I will have to get that miralax. I get backed up with any opioids so I can imagine it will be worse after anesthesia. 
  • Options
    @TravelingCouple Hey girl hey! Miss you! So happy to hear that you are settling into your new house, and it's so perfect for you guys. And kudos for your positive outlook moving forward, I'm working on getting into that mindset myself, but like as you said, some days are harder than others.  We are staying in Kill Devil Hills, in a house about 2 blocks from the beach. I'm so excited! I am useless at work today lol
    Me: 38 DH:39
    TTC #2 - August 2016
    MFI
    IUI #1-3 BFN 

Heart Mom - DS 3/15/13
    BFP 4/21/18 MMC 6/11/18
  • Options
    @tamalahoops it was certainly more complicated than I anticipated too. We went to one informational meeting so far in July, but then everything finalized with the house and we needed to shelve it. All the agencies have such different requirements and fees, it's overwhelming. Most of the ones I've interviewed over the phone say don't even work with the state I live in... So I'm pretty stuck using one in my state or going international. I'm thinking once we should make a separate thread in TTGP for adoption. I did that in the group but there's gotta be more people in TTGP looking into the adoption route. I dunno, maybe it's too specific. We can at least discuss together here and through PM :)

@RVAmom515 I don't know about positive outlook, I just think I haven't had the time to think about it. That roller coaster still hasn't let me off the hook yet. Enjoy OBX, it is seriously amazing there.
  • Options
    @TravelingCouple yes! I wish the adoption board was more active.As we get closer I will definitely start a thread if there is interest!
    Me: 31 Husby: 36
    Married May 2014
    TTC # 2  Since December 2021
    Baby girl W born 2/2021
    Our journey so far...
    (tw loss & infertility)
    Diagnosis: Poor Egg Quality 
    Working with an RE since March 2016
    2 failed TI cycles
    3 failed IUI cycles

IVF Feb - April 2017
    23 eggs collected, 20 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI, 4 day 3 blasts, 3 day 5 blasts, 1 PGS normal
    Transferred 1 PGS normal embryo 4.12.17
    BFP 4.21.17
    MMC due to small gestational sac 6.8.17

Our adoption journey:
    12.25.18 Agency picked and apps submitted!
    5.1.19 Adoption on hold so we can buy a house! 
    1.1.20 Homestudy process started
    3.14.20 First social worker visit
    5.25.20 Homestudy Approved & Submitted to Agency

6.1.20 Surprise! Positive pregnancy test!
    Healthy baby girl born 2/10/2021

• Options
    olliegollyolliegolly member
    edited September 2017
    @tamalahoops I'm sorry, I overshot the spoiler box, so the TW ended up inside... where it didn't do any good :(  I just fixed it. Sorry about that, I feel terrible. 

• Options
    @Sailing_Mama I'm Canadian :)  I went to my family doctor first to get some basic testing done (hormone panel) because I had symptoms of a problem. She couldn't find anything wrong and referred me to an OB. I did all my testing with the OB and he recommended that DH see his family doctor for a SA since we were approaching a year and would need it soon. The OB would only treat basic stuff and wouldn't provide any fertility drugs (clomid or femara) or IUI/IVF, I had to be referred to a fertility clinic for that. I would definitely get your referral ASAP because wait times can be ridiculous. My first clinic had a 3 month wait and after moving my new clinic had an 8 month wait. The RE did review our test results and had us do any additional testing she wanted while we waited for the first appointment, so I was able to start treatments right away once I finally got that appointment.

Ontario and Quebec do cover IVF and Manitoba has a 40% IF tax rebate. Unfortunately the rest of Canada doesn't cover IF treatments and barely any benefits packages include IF. In the rest of the provinces you can get a small tax rebate for medical expenses which does include IF.
  • Options
    @madspunk I think 9-10...usually start day 4 and end around 12/13 with retrieval 13/14...