Randoms 8/28

124»

Re: Randoms 8/28

• Options
    Thanks guys! 
  • Options
    maddyclarkin1maddyclarkin1 member
    edited September 2017
    @heatherlynn321 So excited to see your baby!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This might be a stupid question, but my induction instructions say no food or drink after midnight. Does that include water? Like if I wake up in the middle of the night around 4 am, super thirsty, like every night this trimester, am I allowed to drink some water?
  • Options
    This might be a stupid question, but my induction instructions say no food or drink after midnight. Does that include water? Like if I wake up in the middle of the night around 4 am, super thirsty, like every night this trimester, am I allowed to drink some water?
    Technically no. Would I? Yes. I think the whole nothing to eat or drink is dumb. It's anesthesia that makes those rules in case you need a c section. 
    i was induced with my first and told no food/drink 4 hours before but then was given all I could eat slushies at the hospital. go figure. 
    Good luck tomorrow! 
  • Options
    I have an induction scheduled for next Weds (it may happen sooner) and the doctor told me to eat a nice meal and take a shower before heading in. So I'd guess you can drink some water.
  • Options
    I think you're fine with water. When I was induced they said I could eat/drink anything I wanted until I got to the hospital. And then once I was there they let me have clear liquids/jello/popsicles the whole time.
  • Options
    @heatherlynn321 I'm getting induced tomorrow, as well, and just looked over my paperwork again. Mine specifically says "no food or drink, except for water, after midnight." As everyone else said, you should be okay! Also, I hope it goes well for you and the little one. September 14th sounds like a great birthday!  <3
  • Options
    Thanks guys!
  • Options
    Good luck and congrats, @heatherlynn321 !

They told me "small sips" were ok if I was thirsty but not to guzzle a whole bottle.
  • Options
    @heatherlynn321 Good luck with your induction!!! 

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs: