May 2018 Moms
Options

***READ THIS FIRST*** Board Organization

edited September 2017 in May 2018 Moms
Welcome to May 2018 BMB!  If you're new to TB, we're excited to have you! Below you will find information on how the flow of BMBs work, guidelines and helpful links. I've borrowed this from other BMBs.

Some links that you may find helpful:
How-To Guides:
-How to quote: Hit the "quote" at the bottom of the post you want to quote. You will be taken to the reply box with the quote set up already.
-How to tag: Add a "@" in front of the username of the person you are talking to.
-How to change your username: log in to TheKnot, hover over My Knot, and click Account Settings. If you are having issues doing it that way, you can email community@thebump.com and ask them to change your username. Give them a few suggestions just in case your top choice is taken. It may take up to 24 hours for the name to update.
- How to insert a spoiler box: click the drop down list arrow next to the paragraph symbol (third from the left, next to bold and italicize) and choose spoiler. It will insert a grey box, and everything that you type in there will go into the spoiler.

For the sake of board organization, here are some simple guidelines for posting threads:

DO: 
-Introduce yourself in the "Introductions" thread 
-Add yourself to the spreadsheet
-Feel free to start one of the weekly posts listed below: if a post is "assigned" but hasn't been started by mid morning, feel free to start it!
-Post your own thread if you have a confirmed loss
-Post a thread that would apply to the entire community and doesn't fall into one of the categories for daily threads listed below (Ex: what to pack in your hospital bag, baby gear, etc)
-Comment, share advice and show support for your fellow bumpies; this is a two-way street, to get support, you must show it as well

DON'T:
-Start a thread asking about symptoms; please post this in the current weekly "symptoms thread" - this is helpful because it keeps the board from getting cluttered and makes it so we can all see the whole discussion in one thread, rather than having one thread about MS, one about food cravings, another about vivid dreams, etc.
-Ask the community if you are pregnant, it is against TOU
-Start a thread asking for relationship advice; a professional is better suited for this task
-Post pictures of your pregnancy test, this is also against TOU
-Post a thread that asks a question only applying to yourself unless you suspect you may be going through a MC
-Get bent out of shape if someone calls you out for not following these guidelines; if you expect to be part of a supportive board (which we are), you need to be able to take the time to learn the ins and outs of the board

(Suggested) Daily Threads: (please add the date to the thread title)

• Ticker Changes (when your weekly progression changes, you participate in that day. For example, if I will be 10 weeks on Friday, that's the day I participate).

MONDAY
  • Monday Ticker Change -- 
  • Weekly Appointments -- 
  • Weekly Randoms -- 
  • Meal Plan Monday 
  • Monday Bitchfest -- 
TUESDAY
  • Tuesday Ticker Change 
  • Twatwaffle (TW) Tuesday 
  • First Time Mom Check-In - 
  • GTKY 
  • High Risk Pregnancy Check-In - 
  • Moms of Multiples Check-In 
WEDNESDAY
  • Wednesday Ticker Change -
  • WTF Wednesday -
  • HDBD (Hump Day, Bump Day) 
  • PGAL Check-In 
  • Second Time Mom+ Check-In - 
THURSDAY
  • Thursday Ticker Change 
  • Unpopular Opinion (UO) Thursday -
  • TTGP Grad Check-In 
  • What My Pregnant Self is Eating -  
  • Pregnant after IF - 
FRIDAY
  • Friday Ticker Change -  
  • Flame Free Friday Confession (FFFC) -
  • Why My SO is a ... - 
  • Why My Pregnant Self is Crying - 
  • Fit Mom Friday - 
SATURDAY
  • Saturday Ticker Change 
  • Why my SO is Awesome
  • Symptoms Thread -
  • Weekend Randoms -
  • Small Business Saturday - 
SUNDAY
  • Sunday Ticker Change 
  • Healthy Habits Check-In -  
  • Weekly Questions -
  • AMA Check in
  • HG Check in

Once we all get farther along, we will also have pinned threads for things like ultrasounds, sex announcements and birth announcements.

I've copy/pasted this from previous boards, and it seems to be the way that they are all organized, but of course we should feel free to tweak for our needs!

If anyone has a suggestion for other threads, please feel free to comment a suggestion.

PLEASE keep in mind that there will eventually be a lot of us on this board, and an organized board will be much easier for everyone to use. If we can all keep the one-off posts to a minimum the board won't be too cluttered to navigate.

Let's have a great BMB ladies!

Re: ***READ THIS FIRST*** Board Organization

• Options
    @BumpAdmin Can we get a sticky on this post?
  • Options
    What is TTGP and PGAL?
    Married - 3/2013
    Baby Boy - 3/2015
    MC - 8/2017
    EDD - 8/2018
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    TTGP is Trying to Get Pregnant
    PGAL is Pregnant After Loss
  • Options
    Wow that is a lot of designated threads! 
    DD is 3 and a new little one on the way! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
     yeah,  things seem to have changed quite a bit since I was here before (Mar15). I didn't hang around after the massive implosion, so its interesting to see what they've done since. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers photo 401ba615-b560-419d-8272-b89fb96034ec.pngphoto sushilovers.png

• Options
     yeah,  things seem to have changed quite a bit since I was here before (Mar15). I didn't hang around after the massive implosion, so its interesting to see what they've done since. 
    That's exactly when I left and I think I asked for my account to be deleted. It's... formulaic... But that's cool. 
    DD is 3 and a new little one on the way! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for this.
  • Options
    @BumpAdmin sticky this thread, please!!
  • Options
    @BumpAdmin Pretty pretty please sticky?
    Me: 32 DH: 31 *The old lady by 5 whole weeks*
    Married: 11/2013
    M: 6/2016  E: 5/2018
  • Options
    @BumpAdmin Please sticky this!
  • Options
    @BumpAdmin can we get a sticky on this post?
  • Options
    @BumpAdmin  sticky please!!
  • Options
    @BumpAdmin sticky please!
  • Options
    @BumpAdmin could you step it up please?

Lilypie Maternity tickers photo 401ba615-b560-419d-8272-b89fb96034ec.pngphoto sushilovers.png

• Options
    Can I make a suggestion? It flowed a little better in my last group to just have one symptoms thread for the entire pregnancy, and one randoms thread as well, instead of posting them randomly here and there. It makes it easier to keep to track of, and to catch up on when we have more people joining us.
  • Options
    I didn't see an AMA thread....what day should that go under?  Or, am I the only golden girl here at 37?
  • Options
    @justsuzie what day do you want to do it?  I can edit the post. 
  • Options
    Can I make a suggestion? It flowed a little better in my last group to just have one symptoms thread for the entire pregnancy, and one randoms thread as well, instead of posting them randomly here and there. It makes it easier to keep to track of, and to catch up on when we have more people joining us.
    My last board moved so quickly that we had a randoms thread every day, so that's what I'm used to. I didn't even realize the randoms were supposed to be weekly. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    rowboat4 said:
    My last board moved so quickly that we had a randoms thread every day, so that's what I'm used to. I didn't even realize the randoms were supposed to be weekly. 
    I think weekly could be a good compromise actually. That way it's not too little to be uninteresting to catch up to, but also not a ginormous, Herculean task either. I think we actually broke symptoms up into trimesters, but I don't remember.
  • Options
    I can't even imagine a week long random thread.  Like @rowboat4 said,  the last bmb moved SO fast,  that even a daily random thread could be 5+ pages long.  Even now in our fb group we have a daily thread,... yesterday's random was 161 comments long,  lol.  But um for whatever everyone else wants,  doesn't matter much to me. 

• Options
    Should we do a poll for the frequency of Randoms and Symptoms?
  • Options
    smzappsmzapp member
    edited September 2017
    Hi ladies. This is my 3rd pregnancy , but I never had a ticker or signature before. I understand how to make and paste a ticker. But I cannot find the place within the forum where I can locate and then click on the silhouette icon to edit my signature. I don't see it on the mobile app or on the website. Help please!!
    BabyFetus Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    smzapp said:
    Hi ladies. This is my 3rd pregnancy , but I never had a ticker or signature before. I understand how to make and paste a ticker. But I cannot find the place within the forum where I can locate and then click on the silhouette icon to edit my signature. I don't see it on the mobile app or on the website. Help please!!
    Nevermind it appeared... thanks!
    BabyFetus Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    It's there a thread for baby/pregnancy gear recs? Might be easier to navigate if it's by item instead of all jumbled together. 
  • Options
    nanifrog said:
    It's there a thread for baby/pregnancy gear recs? Might be easier to navigate if it's by item instead of all jumbled together. 
    Search for this thread: 

STMs: Best and Worst Baby Gear Buys

• Options
    ivyvines6 said:
    nanifrog said:
    Search for this thread: 

STMs: Best and Worst Baby Gear Buys

I saw that one. It's a little overwhelming cause it covers everything in no order. I thought it might be nice to have more targeted threads. At any rate, maybe a pregnancy gear thread would be useful.
  • Options
    @nanifrog I think it would be entirely more overwhelming to have a board clogged with 100 different threads for "What is the best carseat?" "What is the best stroller?", etc.  If you have a specific question about a specific piece of equipment, by all means, ask away.  But the biggest take-away from the "Best and worst baby gear buys" thread is that what works for one mom/baby may not work for another mom/baby (or even the same mom and a different baby) so borrow what you can, buy second hand (except for certain things), and figure out what works best for your family.   If you're looking more for registry list ideas or what to pack in your hospital bag, trust me-you can search on any BMB that's a little further along than ours and find them, and they will for sure be discussed here later on.  

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP June 2013- blighted ovum, D&C Aug 2013
    BFP Oct 2013- twins!  A&H born May 2014
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• Options
    @sandbar517 so true. Everyone has different opinions and there are definitely other places to look. As a ftm, I was pretty focused on this stuff and find it helpful to be able to hash it out. But that was back in three old bump days. :)

I'm pretty much just looking for real experiences with 2 items, but not sure where to post on this board without breaking the rules.
  • Options
    @nanifrog You could post it in the thread @ivyvines6 mentioned, or any of the weekly questions or randoms threads.  I like to think there aren't "rules" on this board, I think we all just generally agree that we want to keep it somewhat organized and uncluttered.  I, for one, appreciate your thoughtfulness!

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP June 2013- blighted ovum, D&C Aug 2013
    BFP Oct 2013- twins!  A&H born May 2014
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17