December 2017 Moms
Options

Randoms 8/9

124»

Re: Randoms 8/9

• Options
    tamaraaaa said:
    @breezybee have you heard anything about Color Factory in SF from anyone that has gone??  
    One of the bloggers I follow (https://www.shutterbean.com/) took her son to this and it looks so cool!

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
    Baby #2 due December 2017
  • Options
    @tamaraaaa I have a few friends that have gone and they said it was really cool. I haven't been myself. We're getting the Museum of Ice Cream soon too!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm really confused because this woman I know through blogging (I used to blog, she still does) said she's due the day before me. But she's mentioned how she turned X number of weeks on a Saturday. Saturday is my ticker change day. Guuuurl either you're off on your due date or your week change day. (How is this possible with apps?!)
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • Options
    @MJDsquared, so I'm due the 19th which makes my "week count" start on Tuesdays. But for some reason, the bump app updates me every Sunday. No idea why.
  • Options
    @NME44 That's really weird! After I posted this, she actually posted that she was 21 weeks yesterday. So I guess she was just late posting last time.
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
  • Options
    Has anyone seen a diaper changing pad that is 24" long?
    The hand-me down one we have is 32" and I'd really like a shorter one to use for the first few months so that we can do changes in the laundry room (i.e., the warmest room in our house).

• Options
    @Amber_Waves I actually haven't paid attention to the measurements of those things. Have you tried Amazon?

Is anyone watching this show on TLC called "Rattled?"  If so, do you hate these horrible people Mars and what's his name?  Could they be worse parents with all of their knock down, drag out fights in front of their daughter?  Also, do those parents of the quadruplets bug you as much as they bug me?  I really can't stand their over exaggerated baby talk. And the fact that they expect everyone to just freak out and obsess over the fact that they have quads. Who cares?!
  • Options
    Aww @breezybee I haven't watched the show but I follow the quads and their parents on their FB page and I love them.  
    DH: 34 | Me: 35
    DS1 9/24/13
    DX Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Factor V Leiden Mutation, Secondary Infertility
    MFI (SA #1
    Count 11mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    MFI (SA #2Count 7 mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    Oct. 2016: Clomid + TI
    IVF: ER 3/1/17; 5 retrieved, 3 mature & fertilized
    Results: 2 PGS normal embryos
    Planned on August 2017 transfer
    **TW**
    Natural BFP 4/3/17,Expecting baby boy via RCS 12/7/17

• Options
    @FakeFinn omg I don't have cable to watch food network anymore, but I freaking love Nigella... her recipes are always so decadent. And it fricken kills me that the end of each episode is her demolishing everything she's made! haha
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @MJDsquared We also went to IKEA this weekend.... and totally forgot to factor in that all of the college students and their families are there getting supplies/furniture for their dorms.  It was madness and a sea of college T-shirts.  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kyrwyn It was a zoo! Luckily we had just gone like a month ago and then this week I decided I wanted this IKEA dresser instead of another one I'd found on Amazon, so we got to the dressers as fast as we could, found the aisle and bin numbers, and got out of there.
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
  • Options
    @Marley629 I'm more of a Busby/Outdaughtered fan myself :)
  • Options
    @MJDsquared, I feel like the vet does this to me too. And then they find out I know what I'm talking about. EX: one time the vet wanted me to bring my dog in to find out if she had a heart murmur. So I listened and sure enough she does. So I told them this and they wanted to do an X-ray. I asked what they would be looking for; cardiomyopathy and CHF. I told them if my dog had any shortness of breath or sudden weight gain I would bring her in right away, but no. She's fine. 

And recently they wanted me to bring my other dog in for a vaccination next month when she's going to need a comprehensive and another vaccination in November. No thank you. I'll do both at once.
  • Options
    Nesting!
    Cute!!!! 

I just changed the sheets, does that count as nesting? Lol. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @NME44 I think our vet does that too! I also think they may inflate their prices. One of our dogs had her four canines filed down in the shelter before we got her because she was showing aggression, which is a pretty shitty thing to do to a dog. Anyway, after their expensive cleaning our vet was like, "Yep, all four of her canines need root canals. That's $500/tooth." Actually, no, lady. She'll be funny looking without canines, but they're not bothering her now and they aren't actually totally necessary for a domesticated dog, so if they ever become painful or abscessed we'll extract at that time.
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
  • Options
    @MJDsquared uh what? My lab had a root canal on his canine, as in only one, and it was $3500!!! He was a genius and busted it trying to catch a rock... and the vet dentist showed me that if they extracted it he'd be at a very high risk of fracturing his jaw, potentially even during the extraction, which would be way more expensive than a canal. 
  • Options
    @kvacmak The anesthesia and all that is REALLY expensive too. But $3500 for one seems crazy. And I know our vet overcharged us for their teeth cleaning based on what other vets quoted online.
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
  • Options
    @MJDsquared I know... the cost of vet care in Canada is so incredibly inflated...