December 2017 Moms

Symptoms/Questions/Concerns 7/31

Re: Symptoms/Questions/Concerns 7/31

• @MJDsquared I was a back and side sleeper (mostly on my back, but sometimes wake up on my side) and I love my Snoogle. Sometimes, I do as @KathrynJ088 mentioned and lay with my back half on/half off the pillow so it creates an angle or use it for side sleeping. The only thing I don't like is I can't always cuddle with my SO, but if you flip it around and have it in front of you, you can spoon as much as you want. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @anewadventure SAME. Even when DH puts his hand on my belly for a second I'm like, "Okay, time's up, your hand is too hot!" Buuut also I've never been a cuddler so we have literally never cuddled while sleeping.
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • @KathrynJ088 @kyrwyn @clovelyone I am totally ordering one today, thanks ladies!
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
  • MJDsquared I echo what @KathrynJ088 @kyrwyn @clovelyone said. It's good and helps, you will play whack a husband while struggling out of bed to pee in the middle of the night, spooning is out of the question until October cause fire, flames, steaming, etc. DH is allowed to have touching providing his hands are cold. : )
  • I know I'm late and you already ordered one, @MJDsquared, but I also really like my snuggle.  It really bugged me and I hated it the first week, and now I love it.  You just have to figure out how to make it work for you.  When I want to lay on my back, I also put it up against my back so I'm on more of an angle.  I also face it and wrap my legs around it.  It's totally worth it.  

** December BMB Siggy Challenge - Animals in Pools **

Me: 31+ H: 32
    TTC Since 11/2015
    #1 - MMC 6.5 weeks (2/16); #2 - MC due to cystic hygroma at 20 weeks (10/16); #3 CP (2/17); #4 - Due 12.16.17
  • @moonlady-2 I had lightning tits during my last pregnancy. I called my Doctor's office when it first started because it was  alarmingly painful and mostly in one boob. She said it was just my body getting ready for breastfeeding and the boob that hurt worse was likely to produce more milk once I was lactating.  I'm sorry you have this symptom!
  • Heartburn... that is all
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Anyone having weird reactions to being in the sun yet?  I've avoided the melasma (is that what it's called?) on my face so far, but came back inside the other day with a random sunspot on my right upper arm after only about 2 hours on the beach despite using sunscreen. It just appeared out of nowhere!  It's large but faint, sort of like how birthmarks can be.  Is it worth asking the doctor about, or just one of those quirky but meaningless preggo symptoms? 
  • @elcd458 I haven't experienced it myself, but My app update today mentioned that pigmentation changes can happen.
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
  • @dkizz82 I don't love that you have heartburn, but wanted you to know that I have it too. 
  • @elcd458 I got sunburned pretty bad yesterday and no one else did.  I'm pretty sure the last time I was sunburned was when I was pregnant with FS1.  Ugh I Must remember to reapply sunscreen often..  My advice is that if you are uncertain, asking the doctor can cause no harm. 
    DH: 34 | Me: 35
    DS1 9/24/13
    DX Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Factor V Leiden Mutation, Secondary Infertility
    MFI (SA #1
    Count 11mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    MFI (SA #2Count 7 mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    Oct. 2016: Clomid + TI
    IVF: ER 3/1/17; 5 retrieved, 3 mature & fertilized
    Results: 2 PGS normal embryos
    Planned on August 2017 transfer
    **TW**
    Natural BFP 4/3/17,Expecting baby boy via RCS 12/7/17

• @elcd458 My skin is far more sun sensitive when I'm pregnant. I've never asked my doctor about it, but it can't hurt to ask. I have read that hormone changes can cause this. A few friends noticed changes when starting or stopping birth control. Not quite the same thing, but still hormone related? 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @clovelyone I had it bad with DD. I was hoping to avoid it. But I did love her head full of hair! Haha. Maybe this one will have it too 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Anyone else feel like their vag is swollen to all hell already? I mean I know it was with DS but I didnt think it would start this early... Ugh....
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • @kvacmak yessss. Mine has been hurting lately for no reason plus it's swollen. FTM here, so that was a surprise for it to be hurting already.
    Me 29 I Him 26
    Married 4/22/16
    TTC 9/2015
    **TW**
    BFP 2/1/16 I MC 3/21/16 (11w)
    TTCAL 6/15/16
    BFP 3/23/2017 Team pink! Quinn Leigh EDD December 1, 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• @kvacmak and @ktcakes87 I am having issues too. Between the swelling, some nasty pelvic heaviness, and a cough that is making me pee, I decided this weekend that I need to stop running and I am crushed.
  • @kvacmak @ktcakes87 @oldersis  

Yes! I described mine as feeling like I've ridden my bike down a bumpy road for hours without a padded seat.  It seems to be the worst when I wake up in the middle of the night with a full bladder, but I can't reason out why a full bladder = external lady bits and butt pain?  Sigh.
  • @elcd458 @ktcakes87 @oldersis
    I'm going to make an appointment with my Pelvic floor physical therapist - maybe you guys should too! Especially you @oldersis if you're leaking!!
  • @kyrwyn It's like you just gave birth to a 3lb poop-baby  :D:D:D
  • @kvacmak :D  :D  :D Kinda like that!  I had no idea pregnancy would be this disruptive for my GI tract. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kyrwyn  - TELL US YOUR SECRETS (!!)

someone told us about the medical grade compression hose 20-30 mmHg. i didnt get them at first bc the others were cheaper but WOW its such a difference. I might even ask for a bunch for my bday <3
  • @kyrwyn that was a big surprise to me my first pregnancy! Who knew your digestive system has such reactions?

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
    Baby #2 due December 2017
  • Linea nigra making its debut this week.  :s

I'm just barely starting to outgrow my prepregnancy pants and only really "show" when I pooch my gut out, and yet, here's a big gross line down my belly!  

I guess I should be thankful it's a pretty benign pregnancy symptom, albeit one I was hoping to avoid. 
  • So, should I be lotioning my belly now even though it doesn't feel itchy or anything? I don't think I'll avoid stretch marks since my mom got them, but I was gifted some Burts Bees belly butter so I figure I'll use it eventually. Just not sure if you're supposed to start early or just use it 'as needed.' Thoughts?
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
  • So, should I be lotioning my belly now even though it doesn't feel itchy or anything? I don't think I'll avoid stretch marks since my mom got them, but I was gifted some Burts Bees belly butter so I figure I'll use it eventually. Just not sure if you're supposed to start early or just use it 'as needed.' Thoughts?
    girl, yes. don't wait. the itching isn't worth it. if that's too thick, pick any lotion you like! i've also used almond oil before. 

Met: September 2005  Married: October 2008   DS: 09/2014
           Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
           Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @anewadventure Thank you! Totally going to grease up tonight!
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
  • I went to Target last week and my checkout lady was super sick. Coughing all over my stuff before bagging it. I knew right then and there that I would get her gross cold and sure enough, I've got it. My poor me husband got it like 2 days later. 
    IF YOU'RE SICK AND YOU WORK WITH PEOPLE, STAY TF HOME!!!!!
    Maybe this is more TW Tuesday lol
  • @breezybee Omg, that's one of my biggest pet peeves!!! Don't give the gift of your sickness to other people, especially pregnant women/children/the elderly. I know there are a lot of people in this country who don't have sick time & can't avoid being out in public, but I feel like there should be alternative tasks when you're under the weather. Couldn't this cashier have worked in the back warehouse area or something for the week? Anyways, so sorry you're sick. :( I just got over a nasty cold last week and I could still punch whoever gave it to me.
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    TTC #1 since 12/2015
    BFP 4/4/17, EDD 12/4/17

Pregnancy Ticker

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• @djd0404 Thats what I said!  Like, can't she go in back and restock or something that isn't directly involving customers?  I really think I'm going to call and complain. Not to put her on blast, but just to tell them that they need to keep sick people away!
  • I've been lotioning my belly with palmers coco butter since like week 12! Highly recommend, I didn't have many stretch marks with the twins and I used it religiously then. I know they say stretch marks are genetic, but if there is a product that can help I will try!
    Pregnancy Ticker