July 2016 Moms
Options

July RANDOMS

Re: July RANDOMS

• Options
    We're terrified of the lawnmower over here. We were playing outside while DH mowed and it was apparently the scariest thing ever. 
  • Options
    I think it's mostly the suddenness, he sleeps through loud noises and doesn't mind the vacuum but when he's not prepared for the sudden noise it just throws him into a panic! 
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That's such a good idea! No huge fears here yet, other than intense stranger danger...
  • Options
    FTM53FTM53 member
    edited July 2017
    @shanparadise my hubs told me the lawn mower is too loud for their ears (I brought him outside to play one day while DH was mowing). I wonder if maybe it hurt more than scared your LO?

My random - started weaning and it feels SO good to wear a supportive underwire bra. 
  • Options
    The garbage truck is scary here! Not fireworks, vacuum or other comparable noises. We've tried holding her in her room where she's watching the truck from afar...nope! She was also scared of that large Costco bear a neighbor got as a birthday present. Glad we didn't buy one for her lol!! Although I think with time she'd warm up to the bear. She loves animals and it obviously isn't real, and super soft. She was afraid of the blender at one point, and still doesn't best if I'm holding her while blending. 
  • Options
    E is terrified of cats, dogs, the vacuum..pretty much any loud noises.
  • Options
    AshGee18AshGee18 member
    edited July 2017
    Nat also loses her mind when she hears the vacuum or the blender...like she's being hurt screams). She doesn't mind the lawn mower, thunder or fireworks though...?
  • Options
    Man. I thought M was small at 18 pounds even! Such a peanut you have @AshGee18
  • Options
    So cute..and my beluga is almost 26 lbs...why we call him beluga hahahaha
  • Options
    We finally have 2 teeth also! How is everyone "brushing" them?
  • Options
    @kburg15 We use the Colgate toddler toothbrushes with the Tom's natural brand of toddler toothpaste (flouride free). We brush twice a day. Ruby isn't super into it but Beck finds it hilarious for some reason. 
  • Options
    We use the same stuff as @shanparadise but we use the fluoride option. We have no fluoride in our water and that's what the pediatrician asked me to use. Elise loooves brushing her teeth! 
  • Options
    M still just has 2 bottoms. So I've been wiping them off with the washcloth when I clean her up after meals and in the bathtub. It's the same times I would wipe off her gums pre teeth. Once she gets a couple more, I'll get her a toothbrush. 
  • Options
    FTM53FTM53 member
    edited July 2017
    We have 4 teeth and are using a regular kids toothbrush (I had a starter set from Nuby with options from infancy through toddlerhood). I just grabbed some "training toothpaste" from Publix. Pedi said to wait on the fluoride stuff until I bring him to the dentist. She also recommended I make a dentist appointment to get established somewhere. 
  • Options
    ha my "little" is 26 lbs 2 oz and 32.5 inches...big girl, haha.  We have 5.5 teeth and are working on 3 more at the moment...not pleasant.  I just started using the sassy banana but need to get a better legit brush for her this weekend.
  • Options
    DD2 had her 1st dentist appointment last week. She has 9 teeth completely in, 2 molars partially poked through and the last molar about to poke through. Sleep has been rough the past 2 weeks:( Her molars starting coming in 1 day after we moved. I use a regular baby toothbrush and I'm going to start using Toms kid toothpaste. I was going to stop nursing her at night but now I'm waiting until her teeth are through. 
  • Options
    Good to know! Field only has 2 teeth still, so I've just been wiping them with a wet wash cloth. Toddler toothpaste and toothbrush ordered! Thanks!
  • Options
    I guess I should start brushing Elijah's teeth.  He has 7 now. The pediatrician didn't seem concerned about it 
  • Options
    Elise has terrible bruises from her shots this time. I feel so bad for her!! :( 
  • Options
    Finally got my account unlocked! Felt like the longest almost 2 weeks ever. But hopefully hopefully it doesn't happen again. 

Just kind of catching up here. Baby J has 7 teeth and we just use a toothbrush and baby toothpaste. She isn't a fan. Our doctor told us to have her see a dentist around 6 months after the first few teeth cut through. I wasn't going ti be a stickler about it, but a friend of ours went and it turned out her LO ones front tooth was hanging in by a thread from a fall they assume. 

I'm so glad someone else struggles with breakfast. I have been making waffles on Sunday for the week. I add some bananas and strawberries. 

@shaylalr I'm sorry about the bruising. Poor baby! What shots did she get? 
  • Options
    Glad you are back!!!

MMR, hep A, and varicella. 
  • Options
    And we're teething again. :neutral: Can't say any of us missed this. 1 upper molar broke the gum and I'm sure the others are ok their way! 
  • Options
    My husband encouraged me to have a double bday party with our friend who has the same bday as me (he works with her).  I'm into the idea and we already planned it out and did a fb event.  Now he is having some trouble at work and he wants to keep this friend at a "professional and personal distance" with her and cancel the party.  I mean...I feel for him that he's having trouble at work but ??  Is it really worth losing the friendship?  And if he has a two year plan there, wouldn't it benefit him to stay close to her?  I'm confused.
  • Options
    FTM53FTM53 member
    @austinjl That's rough. IMO, unless this friend has done something  egregious, then the party should remain as is and any distance started afterward. I'd remind your DH that it would be unprofessional to cancel the event and would potentially cause a lot of harm. If he's still insistent, and it's mainly his friend/relationship, respect his wishes (and let him know you will). That's a tough situation though. I don't envy you. 
  • Options
    FTM53FTM53 member
    Just said goodby to great mom-friend/support. Her boys are two weeks younger than DS and she's moving across the country. I know we can still talk and visit, but the boys we're going to be best friends. I can't help feeling like not only am I losing a friend, but DS is losing two! Really sad right now. 
  • Options
    *hugs* @ftm53 - I'm sorry that has to be tough.  Technology is great and all but it just isn't the same as physically being close.
  • Options
    Omg, omg, @FTM53!! I was thinking about this the other day - how devestating it's going to be when we have to help L through losing friends through unfortunate circumstances like that!!! I still remember losing good friends growing up and how sad it made me. When social media came about, I looked for them!!! lol I'm sorry you're already venturing into that. It's super tough. 
  • Options
    Thanks for the tip ftm53!!!  I'm gonna give it a day or two and see if things simmer down...
  • Options
    FTM53FTM53 member
    edited July 2017
    So, today I put in 2 weeks notice at the daycare. It's been almost 4 months, and the job hasn't started. I'll just have to tough it on the waiting list once it does. It's no longer worth the crazy monthly payment. Grrr.... :s

Oh, and now that I'm 90% done breastfeeding (only bedtime and rarely an evening), my boobs have shrunk back to their prepregnancy full D instead the monster DDDs that I've been walking around with for almost 2 years  :D
  • Options
    Anyone having any luck with 'no' yet? I feel like he understands what it means (at least enough to fuss if I say it when he really wants something he can't have) but sometimes I don't know if he really knows. He seems to test it a lot and ignores it or laughs at me in certain scenarios, but I don't know how much stock I should really put in it at this point. I always redirect him and show him what I want him to do when I say no, but otherwise is there anything else that is effective at this age? With him being so active and trying so many new things I want to teach him now what is ok and what is not, but maybe it's not time yet? Clueless mom here!
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • Options
    FTM53FTM53 member
    @winnie1122 We also get a mixed reaction with "no". Like @schaze, he shakes his head and sometimes he'll have a meltdown if I tell him no. Sometimes he will laugh and try to get away with it anyway. But he definitely understands what the word means and is learning to listen to it. He knows not to Go under the baby gate(he tries to stick his head under the gate and snake himself under) and will now just stand there and wait for you to open it. But he also laughs when I say no to him turning the computer on/off or grabbing the TV remote
  • Options
    Yep, L knows No! Haha! Like some of you ladies said, listening is a different story. Usually if I reiterate No a few times, she'll back off and stop whatever she's doing. She definitely knows what she's doing when she keeps trying tho...she'll keep looking at me as she does it, pause then wait to see what I say/do. 

Welcome back, @Taymiller! Glad your ban is over! Haha