July 2016 Moms
Options

July RANDOMS

jomama1618jomama1618 member
edited July 2017 in July 2016 Moms

Happy Birth month to our July babies  (and those that were supposed to be!) What's up Mamas?

Re: July RANDOMS

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    DH just said he felt like an old man for complaining about them. Luckily Baby J is sleeping through them so far. 
  • Options
    FTM53FTM53 member
    Wanted to give you other ladies a heads up. Incase you're dealing with the same.  I'm on a progesterone only BC (arm implant). I've been getting AF every 2 weeks and recently been spotting in between. Went to see OB and she said it's common with this BC and was because I didn't have enough estrogen in my system. She put me on some estrogen pills. She said that it won't affect my supply because it's already established (and I'm starting to wean anyway). 
  • Options
    I had the same issue! We switched to condoms. 
  • Options
    babycakesdaybabycakesday member
    edited July 2017
    @shanparadise Yup, here too. She's crazy. Many of the girls around Julia's age in the group do the same when we're at our playdates. Hoping it's just a phase. 

So I got a new phone and added The Bump app and it won't let me comment on anything on this board on the new app. :( 
  • Options
    FTM53FTM53 member
    Yes to the diaper change hell! We live in Florida and I call it the alligator death roll. 
  • Options
    I've been doing standing diaper changes since Elijah was 10 months old.  He hates getting changed so much but will not tolerate being on his back.  I actually asked the ped if he thinks something is wrong with E's back since he hates being on it soooooo much.  Diaper changes are not fun.   
  • Options
    Add me to the "diaper change is torture" list. L will cry if I and try to roll away/take his diaper and run etc if I can't get him preoccupied and do it fast enough (which is pretty much always!)

Anyone interested in a vent/support thread for crazy in laws/family/people we have to deal with? 
    DH's grandfather passed and his memorial was Saturday, L's party was Sunday (against what I really wanted but there was lots of family here, and he just lost his grandpa, so I let him have that) and the 4th yesterday (all celebrated at his grandma's, with all the out of state family and more). My MIL (and her new husband) is in town for the week (other family went home today, also from out of state). This woman, her toddler antics and tantrums are driving me up the wall! My almost 1 year old is better behaved! I can usually ignore her crap,  but her straight up ignoring me when I spoke to her and ignoring my 11 month old son when he was trying to interact with her because "he doesn't't pay attention to me any way, so I stopped paying attention to him or trying" was my "No you didn't" point. L turns 1 Sunday (the 9th) she never met him until Saturday (the 1st), at 11.75 months old. But apparently being grandma makes that a moot point and he should just love her and want to be held by her/love on her/play with her all day (without me holding him to be comfortable). Honestly, he doesn't like anyone that much. He cries if he can't see me, and won't be consoled. She is off her damn rocker... and mad she cant play grandma of the year to a grandchild she doesnt know. That is only the tiniest fraction of her visit (and her crazy but this is getting long), and we are supposed to see them tomorrow, before they leave, to be "nice". *I really need n eye roll emoji*  I'm NOT looking forward to tomorrow! Oh the stories I could tell about her crazy. Thanks for listening smh
  • Options
    @joberkiser Oh man that would make my blood boil. Hope you get through the rest of their visit ok! Sounds like an exhausting weekend!!!!
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • Options
    FTM53FTM53 member
    @joberkiser I'm on board for a vent thread. That is just upright crazy. 
  • Options
    How is my baby one tomorrow  :'(:'(  :'(:'(
  • Options
    @joberkiser so much NOPE. I hope you're able to get through the rest of the visit! 
  • Options
    Do we have toddlers now?  Or are they still babies?
  • Options
    What are your go to breakfasts for the LOs? I don't really eat breakfast and what I do eat is like cereal or yogurt and he can't have yogurt and cereal sounds like a mess. So I can't just give him what I eat, but I want something quick and easy to give him. The past couple mornings I've given him a couple fruit pouches, some puffs, and a sippy of almond milk, but I'm not sure that's substantial enough? I have a hard time telling when he actually gets full because he is in a phase of playing with his food and throwing a lot of it overboard just for fun, lol. Just curious if there are other good quick options that are more hearty. He doesn't love oatmeal, I think it's a texture thing, and he does like eggs but I'm having a hard time cooking them with my morning sickness. So those are kinda out most mornings.
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
  • Options
    @jennyleigh16 Oh no! I'm sorry, I have totally been there and you are NOT a bad mom. Accidents happen all the time. P has rolled off of things a few times, twice because I fell asleep. I felt absolutely horrible both times. But he's ok. Hugs!
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
  • Options
    FTM53FTM53 member
    @winnie1122 I do Eggo waffles as my go to quick breakfast. You can do the multigrain ones. Then instead of butter/syrup I mash a banana or put peanut or almond butter on it or sometimes raspberry preserves. He loves them. I also want to try hard boiled eggs. Cause you can make them in advance and just pull them out of the fridge. 
  • Options
    For breakfast we always do fruit and lots of different types of eggs. But because of your morning sickness, try hard boiled. Like mentioned, they can be made ahead. We also do waffles/English muffins/toast with peanut butter in a hurry. 
  • Options
    Elijah gets oatmeal or cereal and some type of fruit.  He sometimes eats it, he sometimes does not.

he also has fallen off the bed before.  Hugs!
  • Options
    TiffRox81TiffRox81 member
    edited July 2017
    @winnie1122
    breakfast:
    eggs and sliced fruit
    Toast with peanut butter and fruit
    waffle with peanut butter and fruit
    oatmeal with fruit 
    I've made her the various pancakes and tot muffins
    we've recently added cottage cheese with cinnamon to the mix and smoothies. She loves them!! Perfect item to share with baby. 

I always start with the fruit because it occupies her while I put together the "main dish" lol. 

@jennyleigh16 You are by no means a bad mom!! Sadly the more mobile they get the more these accidents are going to happen. Especially until they learn some depth perception. It's always heartbreaking but you never would have intentionally let it happen!! Part of them growing up. 
  • Options
    Good ideas ladies, I don't know why I have so much trouble coming up with breakfast ideas! I just need to stock up on fresh fruit and prep some eggs and waffles to have on hand it sounds like! Maybe I'll start eating better breakfasts too haha
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
  • Options
    FTM53FTM53 member
    @winnie1122 I'm not sure of your dairy tolerance, but waffles with cottage cheese and apple sauce are actually a great breakfast for pregnancy. Packed with protein and fiber. 
  • Options
    Thanks guys. I think I would've been ok if they weren't so back to back and accompanied by the big silent cry. When I put him to bed afterwards he was definitely giving me the "I don't like you very much right now" stare. He's totally fine and happy now but ugh. I had a big glass of wine and a cry after bedtime and it helped calm me down. 

I also struggle with breakfast ideas. I usually just have a coffee for myself so the idea of feeding him whatever I'm eating isn't feasible. We generally do baby cereal and then some fruit like blueberries or grapes, or some cheese. He really loves babybel. He's really hit or miss with eggs and he was loving yogurt until he got a gastro bug a couple weeks ago and now it makes him gag and throw up. I'll have to take some of these suggestions! 
  • Options
    @jennyleigh16 try not to feel guilty momma. These mobile babies are no joke! 

For breakfast we just do Eggo waffles, pancakes, cinnamon toast, etc. Sometimes she'll get a ham and cheese bagel too.
  • Options
    We do hard boiled eggs with avocado regularly for breakfast, she loves It! Also yogurt and banana or banana and avocado. So easy to prepare and full of good calories!
  • Options
    Anyone up for a meal idea board?? We talk a lot about recipes! Maybe we can share things we really liked? 
  • Options
    @shaylalr Definitely! I'm so not creative about meals any more, I need inspiration!
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
  • Options
    So it turns out that Elise is absolutely terrified of dogs. Someone at the park asked if Elise wanted to pet their dog because he is very friendly. I said sure. The dog came and smelled her. She stiffened, then started shaking all over, and began to scream. I felt so bad!!!! Anybody else noticed fears? 
  • Options
    FTM53FTM53 member
    @shaylalr OMG that's awful! Poor babe. You couldn't have known. You have to introduce them to new things. AJ does NOT like the vacuum. He's fine with the little roombas we have going everyday, but I had to pull out the big vacuum (Dyson upright) to get the furniture and he screamed bloody murder and crawled to me. I'm not sure if he was scared and wanted comfort or was scared and wanted to protect me. 
  • Options
    P is terrified of loud sudden noises, so fireworks and the smoothie blender have been freaking him out. He tries to get away as fast as possible and scream cries. With the fireworks last week he was shaking in my arms even when I brought him inside to get away from them. It was so sad!
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
  • Options
    These scared kids are breaking my heart! M is an oddball. She comes running towards the noise. She loves the vacuum and blender. 
  • Options
    FTM53FTM53 member
    AJ sleeps through fireworks and thunderstorms, so the vacuum reaction took me by surprise 
  • Options
    S loves to help vacuum.  She gets so excited- we got her a little play vacuum that she pushes around now, haha.  It even makes the noise.  She used to be afraid of the coffee grinder but has since gotten over it so I think it may be a phase?
  • Options
    Luckily S isn't afraid of loud noises but she does do a pretty good jump! We're around truck & tractor pulling all summer and, even wearing headphones, there's quite a bit of noise. It would be a LONG summer if she was scared. Sorry for you Momma's that have to deal with shaking babies - but enjoy those cuddles!