July 2016 Moms
Options

June RANDOMS

Re: June RANDOMS

• Options
    @kmurdock925 Hopefully soon he will do the same! I'm nervous to go for his one year check up and get grilled for still feeding at night, which is what happened at his last appointment (which I thought was silly but whatever). It would be great to be spared the lecture! Also to sleep all night, but by now I'm used to it.

This past week P has cut FOUR teeth on top all at once and it has been crazy. It's wearing him out and he has been taking insane naps. Which on one hand has been great for getting stuff done but I feel bad for him. Will this just be constant teething now until they're all here?! I hope there are breaks...it's not fun!!
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @babycakesday Thanks, I didn't think it was too big of a deal until his doctor got on me about it. He's very much a 'by the book no exceptions no variations' kind of doctor so I usually get in trouble for one thing or another, lol. 

Sorry if this has already been discussed but what are you guys doing for Father's Day? Any good gift ideas from you or from LO to daddy? DH's birthday is also on Sunday, so I'm feeling double the pressure to make it an awesome day on a small budget!
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
  • Options
    TiffRox81TiffRox81 member
    edited June 2017
    Have any of you ladies heard of the car seat brand Diono? My neighbor said it came highly recommended to her by friends. I chatted with her yesterday as she was installing it. I'm telling you this thing looked like it could withstand a spaceship take off! It's made of some legit material. I had been leaning toward the Graco or a Britax but I think I'm getting this Diono now! And super reasonable compared to the others, too!! Just an FYI for anyone still looking to purchase...
  • Options
    My friend with 5 kids LOVES Diono. They're very space effective for small cars or cars that have multiple car seats in the back seat too. 
  • Options
    FTM53FTM53 member
    We have a Diono. Really like it. It's super sturdy
  • Options
    Ok sold! We're going to get the rxt. 
  • Options
    I'm stumped on what to get for Father's day.  We were going to buy a grill but that fell through a few days ago so now I'm last minute scrambling.

Also- what are we doing for 1st bday gifts?  I'm kind of thinking one of those 4-in-1 push bike thingies.
  • Options
    @kmurdock925 I think we're going to try to build a toy box for his birthday. DH is planning to build it and I'm going to paint it.
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
  • Options
    As far as father's day I got a canvas print of my favorite picture of J.  (He mentioned last night he needs one for his desk, so i'll probably get one for his office too.) At Stroller strides we have a Father's day card making play date after class. I'll probably do her hand prints and write something nice. 

As far as her first birthday, my parents are getting her the 4-in-one bike. My in laws are getting her a teepee. DH and I are going to buld her a bookcase/toy chest thing we saw. 
  • Options
    LDSJM123LDSJM123 member
    edited June 2017
    For Father's Day, my husband is getting a framed picture of his "3 favorite girls" for his desk (he doesn't have any) and a label maker. He's been talking about wanting one. Silly dude. He requested a day out on the lake, so I'll make a nice breakfast before we head out. 

We're skipping buying her a gift. She'll never know. And she needs nothing. We're also doing in leu of gifts for her party, so it works out. 
  • Options
    I like the toy box idea.  Very functional.  I actually told my mom this morning that everyone needs to chill on buying stuffed animals.  I feel like we already have SO many and she isn't even 1 yet :o

I am all about the experience gifts.  For hubs' 30th I got him a lambo driving experience.  That was pretty fun!  I feel like I am running out of good gift ideas for him.  He is VERY hand, but also VERY picky about his tools and basically has everything under the sun.  I've already gotten him (for birthdays/anniversaries, etc) customized toolbelts, engraved hammers, custom made levels...I'm drawing a big fat blank :(
  • Options
    Definitely agree on the stuffed animals. They're all. Over. The. House. It's crazy!! My husband saw some cool animal "zoo" toy box ideas. He's going to make one for her too! 

She's getting a convertible car seat and her party. I got her a couple little items that are also functional. Nothing big! My mother has already gone over the top and she'll I'm sure get enough from others. I don't know where it's all going to go. I wish there was a PC way to let people know they can give money for her college savings account but I know that's taboo.
  • Options
    I was thinking the same about the college fund!! 

I've seen the "zoos" on pinterest!  I think we definitely need one.  I bought a tub for her "baby" toys this weekend in hopes of being able to put some stuff away.  The stuffed animals are beyond out of control.  I hate them all, haha...I'm kicking myself for the ones that I have bought.  I'm thinking i'm going to gather the ones that don't have meaning or didn't come from someone who will notice and donate them.  She doesn't even play with them...ugh. 
  • Options
    Your husband sounds like mine! Mine is super handy and has an entire shop of woodworking tools. Does your husband have chisels or a leather roll to store them in? That was a gift I got for him a couple  years ago and he absolutly loved it. It's a very classic old timey grift. @kmurdock925
  • Options
    shaylalrshaylalr member
    edited June 2017
    For Father's Day I am getting my husband a medieval helmet. He's been collecting armor for a couple years. Haha. I'm also going to have Elise "draw" him a card. 

First birthday we got her a water table. She loves water and I want to get us outside more! I know it's something we will use a lot. 
  • Options
    @shanparadise We are doing a grill platter too! I made footprints into steaks and drew a little grill under them. I also got a picture frame with his favorite pic of her for his work desk.

For birthday gifts, I still have no idea. She has a train she loves so I'm thinking of a dump truck or something, but she also loves duplos and the fisher price little people. I need to go to Target to get a better idea!
  • Options
    For Elijah's bday we got him a tent and tunnel from ikea along with train tracks.  How is everything at IKEA so cheap?!

For my husband I got him a wallet insert card with a nice message and happy first Father's Day.  We may do a little art project too.
  • Options
    I'm making my husband coasters with some of his fave beers using 6-pack boxes and modge podge, and doing a photo with a cute dad themed onesie I got. He loves whiskey and he's really not had a man selfish outings, so I may grab a couple tickets to a local tasting thing for him to go to and bring a buddy. 
  • Options
    Omg. Cute. We have one!! She got it for Christmas. I better set it up
  • Options
    Anyones babys have bad eczema? Poor Los has gotten so bad lately..big rashes all over esp in like arm creases.. the doc said baths with no soap and to lather him in vanicream which we do but its not helping. we have hydrocoritizone cream too they prescribed for bad areas-chin etc. Any other tips?  My first had this too but not as bad and the baths and lotion immediately cured his.
  • Options
    @john5111 We dealt with bad eczema before their dairy intolerance was diagnosed. We get the odd flare up here and there, but cutting out all dairy was key. In order to get their skin to heal, I used the Stelatopia line from Mustela. They make a bath oil that's awesome for soothing their skin, and I often use the lotion on myself as I get eczema as well. Be careful with the hydrocortisone, it can thin their skin permanently. We only used it for short periods of time on very severe areas. 
  • Options
    Thx @shanparadise Ill def order some of this lotion.  My older son luckily grew out of all this so Im hoping this one does too.  I have super sensitive skin too.  Yeah we only use the cream typically under his chin where he gets drool rashes. Its way to oily to put everywhere.
  • Options
    I have a 15% off babies/toys r us coupon but it is in store only.  What I want to buy is online order only.  If I go to the store and ask them to order it there will they honor the coupon?  Anyone have experience with this?
  • Options
    Just did a quick google search for you. DAD15 should get you 15% off online. 
  • Options
    @shaylalr - Thanks girl!!
  • Options
    @austinjl @kmurdock925 @TiffRox81
    Good to hear! She has a tunnel and loves it. 
  • Options
    winnie1122winnie1122 member
    edited June 2017
    Warning, long/frustrated post ahead...

Does anyone else have issues with their dog now that the baby is around? Our house is just way too small for both of them, so I really want to train the dog to be a mostly outside dog (she's big and crazy and sheds and has too much energy and can't control her tail...) She's not bad at all with the baby, she actually behaves really well around him considering how crazy she is, but the constant shedding and the fact that she is just always in the way and I can't trust her to walk by the baby and not just whip him with her happy tail means that I literally cannot handle her being inside. I have her bed and food and water in DHs office so when I need to keep her contained indoors I put her in there and close the door. I much prefer to put her in the yard so she can run around a play and lay in the kiddie pool or mud or whatever she likes to do, but she has always been a runner and sees the fence as her personal obstacle course and has managed to break it several times in the past 4 years that we have lived here. We've always repaired it and it will be fine for awhile, but this month she has figured out how to jump over the fence, and has gotten out at least 4 times in the last couple weeks, maybe more. She likes to run around the neighborhood and thinks all the neighbors are her bffs and that the pond in the middle of our neighborhood is her personal water park. So of course every time I realize she's out I have to go running after her or drive around the neighborhood looking for her, which is incredibly difficult when I have to pack the baby up (especially when she gets out during nap time, ugh) and I don't know many of our neighbors. It's a huge neighborhood. I've spent all week trying to fix the spots she was able to jump but apparently she's super dog because she got out again today and a neighbor down the street grabbed her and was able to get a hold of me while I was looking for her, but when I went to pick her up the girl totally reamed me about not taking care of my dog, saying that I lock her up and make her so miserable that she feels the need to break out so often (I guess she's seen her loose the past couple times she's gotten out or something, though I've never met this neighbor in my life) She told me that next time she sees my dog get out she's taking her to the shelter since I'm not taking care of her. She didn't let me get a word in edgewise and I didn't really want to, but it was awful and she was so incredibly rude and judgmental just because my dog likes to run around. I get that it's a nuisance to have my dog loose, it makes me crazy too since I have tried everything to keep her in. I play with her to wear her out, I leave her food and water outside when she's out there, I put the kiddie pool out when it's really hot so she can lay in it and cool down, and I check on her every 20 min or so when she's outside. I literally have no more ideas and if she gets out again not only will she get dognapped by my neighbor who thinks she knows all about me or all my neighbors just hate me even more. Or both, probably both. We can't afford a new fence, I can't tie her out or she goes insane and wraps herself around a tree, and I can't keep her locked in that room all day or wandering around the tiny house all stir crazy and disruptive. Ugh. Today was the worst. 

Married 6/1/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
  • Options
    What a rude neighbor!!! @winnie1122. I tell my husband it's so much harder having a dog and a baby at the same time than having just a dog.  I feel like our dogs personality has changed since we brought E home. She so jealous like she doesn't get attention but she gets so much!!!!  Good luck to you mama!!!
  • Options
    Our dog has started digging under the fence since F has arrived, but he's little so we don't let him out unsupervised anymore. I totally understand about him being underfoot and excitable though. I hope you're able to find a solution--I feel for you :(
  • Options
    I have no advice. But can relate. Although our dog is good with M, in the last 6 months (since she got mobile) he started peeing on her things when we weren't home. So we've had to start crating him again. So I'm sympathetic to your situation. 
  • Options
    babycakesdaybabycakesday member
    edited June 2017
    As a person who is constantly taking in strays, its amazing you are out there looking for her. I would never call the shelter over that. I would just bring her back to you. That lady is a total (not nice word here.) I am constantly finding dogs and some times its DAYS before I ever hear from the owners. 

Laika has started chewing on everything lately and going into the litter box. She hadn't done that in years. I've just started locking her up when we're gone. Maybe try taking her out a bitlonger each time. 
  • Options
    Thanks ladies, that makes me feel better. I knew she was just being ridiculous but I still felt horrible and like I was doing something wrong! I just am so paranoid now that that lady will be the one the dog runs to next time she gets out, because I can guarantee there will be a next time, there always is! It's just never been this bad! @Jodi1980 I could look into some of those options, but I feel bad since I am home most of the time. I just can't pay attention to the dog and baby and work at the same time! So baby and work usually get my main attention. I know my next door neighbor loves my dog and actually has a dream of opening a doggy daycare, so I'm sure she'd let me bring her over to her house some days. I just don't know her all that well so I'd have to really muster up the courage to go over and ask!  
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15