July 2016 Moms

June RANDOMS

Re: June RANDOMS

• Loading the player...
  • FTM53FTM53 member
    AJ fits into his 9-12 onesies, but not most shirts and his 9shorts fit, but are getting tight on his chin my little thighs. He will now high five on demand, which Dad is loving because they now high five before he leaves for work and when I put AJ to bed. 
    kmurdock925babycakesdayaustinjljomama1618
  • I've been putting her in both sizes. She has all 12 mos summer stuff. But I've noticed that she does outgrow certain brands first. 
    LDSJM123austinjl
  • @LDSJM123 ... Definitely experiencing the nipple flicks lol. 
    We are also stuck in 3-6m or 6-9 in clothes.  9m stuff is too big usually. I bought some on clearance last you're thinking she would be in them at this time but she's not.
    austinjl
  • Have any of you transitioned to a blanket yet? Do they keep it on themselves? 

Elise apparently cannot sleep unless she has sleeves... the sleep sacks are super tight now but she just cries and cries unless I put a long sleeved top on her. 
    babycakesdaykburg15
  • DD1 wouldn't keep a blanket in until she was 3. We did sleep sacks until she was 1 1/2. Halo makes them in different sizes. DD2 currently wears a large sleep sack (12-18 months). Unfortunately it doesn't have sleeves though. We will introduce a blanket next fall. 
  • Haven't transitioned here. Baby J sleeps in just long sleeve footed pj. I tried a blanket for a week and it always ended up in the corner. 
  • FTM53FTM53 member
    @shaylalr we've used a blanket for a few months. He doesn't fall asleep with it on, but will keep it on after I put it over him when I check on him before I go to bed. 

I also use the the long sleeved footie pajamas. I adore those. So cute and keeps him warm if he does throw the blanket off. 
    LDSJM123
  • We also do either long sleeve footed pajamas or a two piece (long sleeves and pants) with socks. Just the last week I've started putting a blanket in with him as a little extra warmth with the air conditioning going and to hopefully get him associated something comforting with sleep since he just started daycare (I sent an identical one there for naps). It's just an Aden and Anais swaddle so it's really thin but pretty good sized. 
    LDSJM123
  • I just switched out C's clothes from 9mo to 12mo.

Haven't tried a blanket yet.

Teething is the devil. We have been having the week from hell at bedtime. I've been trying to get C down for the night tonight for the last 2 1/2 hours. I want my happy, good little sleeper back. The last time I think I cried with him like this was 5 months ago when we were sleep training  :/
    kburg15babycakesday
  • Yep we've used blankets basically since he was born. After he started breaking out of swaddles I would tuck a blanket around him in his R&P to keep him snug but still able to move his arms, then when he transitioned to the crib at 7 months I've always given him a blanket and he keeps it on most of the time. Usually I lay him on half of it and fold the other half over him loosely so he keeps it on even if he rolls around a little bit. It's the same kind of blanket as @LDSJM123
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
    LDSJM123austinjlkburg15babycakesday
  • I would love to start using blankets (especially the ones that my family members hand made), especially since the A/C is now on.

Our diaper bag has taken a beating and hasn't really held up, the fabric inside is ripped and my husband snapped one of the back pack straps :( . Does anyone have a diaper bag they like and has a back pack function?
  • Ugh yes teething is being mean over here too. Poor P has had a low fever the last two days and is totally miserable. He's currently taking his third nap of the day and it's not even 3pm. 
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
  • AshGee18AshGee18 member
    edited June 2017
    We started blankets for nap time a few months ago. I haven't given her one at night yet. I always put her to bed in the long sleeve footed pajamas or two piece Long sleeve and pants with socks. She was using a sleep sack but she didn't much care for it. She's half and half with keeping the blanket on...sometimes she does, sometimes she doesn't.
    Still no teeth...but definitely showing teething symptoms...miserable and biting, diaper rash, runny nose 
  • @adough27 I have a JuJuBe BFF that I love. You can carry it as a backpack or with a strap. Tons of room and different pockets. 
    adough27
  • shaylalrshaylalr member
    edited June 2017
    Thank you guys for your advice! At bedtime she wears long sleeved pajamas, but naps she is in short sleeves during the summer. I'll try introducing a blanket and get some halo sleep sacks. We just may not have naps for a couple days while she adjusts... :( 
    babycakesdayaustinjlkburg15
  • @shaylalr I used to go on during naps and throw a blanket on her. She would usually leave it on for like the hour nap. You give it a try and see if it helps. 
    FTM53austinjl
  • Anyone have experience taking baby to the beach? Tips/tricks would be greatly appreciated! I have long sleeve suits with built in SPF, sun hat, pop up sun shade, sun screen, life jacket, intertube floatie thing and a water bottle that she loves. 
    TiffRox81austinjlkburg15holly142
  • TiffRox81TiffRox81 member
    edited June 2017
    @LDSJM123 I have a little experience. I'm pretty sure you nailed it!!! I'm guessing water and snacks are part of your list too, lol the pop up shade is amazing!! We brought some of her toys and one of those weatherproof blankets to put down. Our babe was fascinated with the rocks, sticks, etc...and kept trying to eat them. At least when she was on the blanket those things were kind of out of site out of mind!! 
    austinjlbabycakesdayLDSJM123holly142
  • Good call on the water shoes!! I put some old navy flip flops with backs on them. I was wishing I had something better, as they kept coming off. You're right about the beach being rough for their little feet. And sand gets hot. 
    FTM53LDSJM123austinjlkmurdock925
  • Man I hope P gets the memo about dropping motn feedings, I tried to wean him off a couple months ago and it went horribly so we're still up at least once but usually twice. I KNOW he can sleep ttn because he did for 4 months lol. Crib transition killed that beautiful trend...
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    LDSJM123