October 2017 Moms

Weekly Randoms 5/1

Re: Weekly Randoms 5/1

• @mrs_fogue we have Savannah on our list, heard it's gorgeous, and there's this really nice bnb/inn that has a babymoon package. I think it's called the Savannah inn?

• Loading the player...
  • I watched Frozen for the first time on Friday. And then again last night. Is it weird that I thought it was a cute movie?
    BFP#1: 12/3/13 EDD 8/15/13. Heartbeat found on 12/26/13, HB gone on 1/4/13. D&C 1/7/13
    BFP#2: 4/19/13 EDD 12/28/13. Team Green for pregnancy and Baby Girl arrived 12/21/13.
    BFP#3: 2/9/13 EDD 10/18/17. Team Green for Round 2!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Crap, I finally get caught up with Frozen and now I have to find this Moana one? Is it out on dvd yet?
    BFP#1: 12/3/13 EDD 8/15/13. Heartbeat found on 12/26/13, HB gone on 1/4/13. D&C 1/7/13
    BFP#2: 4/19/13 EDD 12/28/13. Team Green for pregnancy and Baby Girl arrived 12/21/13.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • YES! GET IT NOW!
                                      DD1 - 10/11/13                 DD2 - 5/07/15

Pregnancy Ticker

May Siggy Challenge: Parenting Fails
    Image result for parenting fails
  • @riverrainez I would call the doc to just be sure. The nurse last week pretty much scolded me for not calling sooner and made me freak out at work, which is why I left for an ultrasound. But I was also having bright red blood, though not enough to soak a pad (which is why I didn't initially call). It will give you a peace of mind. Plus every office is different on how they handle things. I'm sure it's nothing and your cervix may just be irritated/sensitive! I know how scary it is. Please keep us updated. 
  • Why did I not know you could buy mug brownie mixes until today?
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, 
    if one only remembers to turn on the light." 
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • @carries2018 Arkansas.   I've really considered NC or SC.  Maybe Charleston?  Normally I spend months planning the perfect vacation each year, because I usually get bored at work and vacation planning is sups fun!  But not having the potential time sucks.  It'll probably just be a throw together beach vacation if we had to change our plans. 
  • @bluejeanbabi05 sounds amazing but I need toddler friendly.  Savannah is on my bucket list one day.  I love all things ghosts and hauntings and they have one of the most haunted cemeteries in the US.

• @jessafishy I was just thinking how much I'd give to have one of those mug brownies right now.  Don't worry, it's really new to our grocery store. 
  • @TallMomma29 Go buy the mixes. Pour in mix, add water or milk, microwave, done. It was delish.
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • @jessafishy I'll have to try that for sure!

• I found a restaurant close by that serves rabbit stew and chitlins. Seriously. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Bigelow Plantation Mint Tea is seriously the best thing ever.
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    - Albus Dumbledore
  •  Omg @sdarling2010 I neeed to find a taco time so I can get one of those.   Memories!  

• Yay for gifs!!!!

• Who has flown with a toddler around 2 years old? Any tips for a 10hour flight? I took him to the dollar store and watched which toys took his interest the longest. I don't want DS to watch movies the entire time so I need at least 6 hours of stuff to keep him interested. He is not much of a foodie so snacks will only entertain him for 10mins at a time. I plan on bringing only new toys for excitement level plus his favorite stuffed toy.

**June Siggy Challenge: You Had ONE Job!**

LO#2 EDD October 18th 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ugh, I haven't been able to get on here in a few days. On Saturday I took 70 high school students to a band/choir festival. On Sunday H and I checked out the church where our best friends go, and then I had to be at school for a post-spring-musical debrief meeting. Yesterday I taught a full day, ran a marching band workshop, and then went straight to San Francisco for symphony chorus rehearsal, which takes about an hour and a half just to get there.

Seriously, is it summer yet? Or at least post-AP-test so I can get on during 3rd period while my kids work on a project?
  • @buttercream_frosting wow 10 hours, my heart and soul goes out to you.  I wouldn't be against Dramamine and hopefully get some sleep in for a few of those hours.  My 2 year old doesn't have much that will hold her attention for more than a few minutes.  Play-dough is about the longest I can get her to do one thing.
  • @curlyq423 I think it's great if someone wants to throw you a shower. I wouldn't make a registry though, but that's just me.
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • @jessafishy Ok, that's what I was thinking, just wasn't sure what to do and felt weird thinking about making one. 
  • @curlyq423 deft do a registry for coupons! i have a registry and i am not even having a shower haha. also i feel like it being twins it is different, you need 2 of everything this time. ppl might not go all out, but gives them some direction.

as for timing i say July or early August. i had my last oct baby in August and it was perfect! (even if i was early well in advance to accommodate that).

Pregnancy Ticker

• also since everyone is quiet this week maybe i will play with my registry ;)

Pregnancy Ticker