October 2017 Moms

Sh*t People Say to Pregnant Women

Re: Sh*t People Say to Pregnant Women

• @asickles98 I can't even... what????
    **April Siggy Challenge**Baby Animals**

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @PizzaMonster3

Yeah I am done with people already and I still have 26 weeks of this.
  • Loading the player...
  • One of my ER docs replaced my Diet Pepsi on the desk with a bottle of water... she's lucky she still has hands... I work 12 hour nights and can hardly stay awake as it is... don't touch my shit!!
    YOU ARE MY NURSE TWIN.  Solidarity, sister!!!
    me . early 30's | h . mid 30's | < 3 . 2013

ntnp #2 . summer 2018

*siggy warning*

ttc#1 . jul 2015
    mmc . mar 2016 | 6w2d
    dx PCOS (non-IR) / subclinical hypothyroidism . summer 2016
    tx metformin, levothyroxine, LP progesterone, femara + trigger + ti . fall/winter 2016
    BFP! . jan 2017
    DD . oct 2017

• JessDG said:
    I get a lot of "you didn't waste any time!"  Since we got married in August.  Thanks.   I can count too.  
    Lol, I've been married 3.5 years and we are having our 3rd. Never will anyone accuse us of "wasting time."
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • @asickles98 what the actual crap.
  • Friend: You need to eat a good variety of foods, like A, B, C...
    Me: I'm allergic to C. You know that.
    Friend: I know, but you should eat it anyway. It's good for the baby. 

How is it good for the baby if I'm having an allergic reaction?? 

Also, I'm the one weirdo who doesn't mind the "was it planned?" questions. It might bother me a bit from coworkers or people I barely know, but I'll gladly share our circumstances with friends and family in case it helps someone else with their own family planning. 
  • I haven't had comments this time bc I'm not showing yet but with my first my uncle (never married no kids) walked into my small family shower and announced very loudly "there's my fat neice" everyone was stunned. I responded "there's my fat uncle (bc he is) at least I'm pregnant what's your excuse?". And for the record I wasn't even fat! I only gained 23 lbs my whole pregnancy.  I wanted to throat punch him
  • @JessDG I have a big extended family also. My mom is 1 of 9, my dad is 1 of 7 (2 are half sisters from his dad). I have over 20 first cousins alone and holidays were always fun having so many kids around to play with. Then I met dh. He has 3 cousins. 3!  But we always knew we wanted at least 3 kids because we're both 1 of 2 and it stunk. 
  • KTdiditKTdidit member
    @asickles98 some of those....wow. People really need to stay out of your business!

I've gotten:

when finding out that this will be boy #3 "better start planning for #4 now! you need a girl!"  No thanks I'm happy with my boys.

"you just really don't ever want to have any money do you?"

after finding out that I'm 16 weeks with #3 "you aren't showing at all, it's not your first? That's weird, whats wrong?"  Gee thanks lady. Now I'm constantly worried that something is wrong with this little guy and I should be bigger. 
    BabyFetus Ticker

• JessDG said:
    It makes me so sad that people turn their noses up to big families.  My parents both come from huge families  (13 and 7 kids) and it's always been a lot of fun!  I love having tons of aunts, uncles, and cousins.  If I had started having kids earlier, i would probably try to coax DH into at least 4 or 5!
    Yesto this.  Both my parents come from huge fams too (dad 9 mom 15(grandfather had 3 wives, all under the same roof(EW lol i know))) 
    And if my body and my bank account allow me id have at least a basketball starting five.... Even a soccer team as a fam lol
  • @canonmom413 Grrrr!! That is so insensitive when people ask that. People can be so dumb and ignorant to the struggles of getting pregnant.

**June Siggy Challenge: You Had ONE Job!**

LO#2 EDD October 18th 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @yoeyswife its so rude! This is our first baby/pregnancy, so it feels like our first child is already a disappointment to some family members. ugh

Although i know she's not. DH and I are so excited!
    \

• ariz17ariz17 member
    First thing as I walk into work this morning, "Wow you're really.. starting to look pregnant!" I don't think he was trying to be rude but still. I am very aware of how I look, but thanks lol.
  • I have not had too many things so far I'm sure I will as I look more and more pregnant. I'm most afraid of people touching my stomach or asking too it creeps me out I don't touch other people's stomachs why would anyone need to touch mine? Also on my husband's side of the family his cousin has a girl and my sister in law is expecting a girl soon and I get the "it better be a boy" apparently there are too many girls in the family. It makes me laugh cause obviously I have no control over the gender my child is and it is my first so I don't have an excess of either gender. anyways. 
  • I've gotten unsolicited theories on why I'm going to have a girl (we won't find out until later this month).  I've also heard from some folks at the gym and some of my clients on how big I've gotten in the last couple of weeks.  Uh...thanks?  I already feel like a hot, bloated mess and that just boosts the self-confidence.  
    June 2017 Siggy Challenge:  "You had one job to do!"

BabyFruit Ticker
  • ariz17ariz17 member
    @migdala Omg!! I have never heard that before! 
  • ariz17ariz17 member
    @Amesie13 I get the "it better be a boy" thing from my brother-in-law. 
  • @migdala I'm probably going to come off slightly SS here but.... we discussed the whole Shettles theory and I read papers where following it gave you a 70% chance of determining sex. I eye roll at A LOT but this one had some bit of science and discussed ovulation and sperm life/speed differences between a boy sperm and girl sperm. Having said all that, we didn't apply the method but it would have been quite interesting to have conducted an experiment but temping didn't appeal to me.

LO#2 EDD October 18th 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • migdalamigdala member
    @buttercream_frosting I thought it had been largely debunked but I haven't looked into it. If it's true then we're destined to have all girls - I don't have the stamina to try for boys  :D
  • @migdala Probably has been but it definitely was the most interesting of theories to read IMO.

LO#2 EDD October 18th 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I've gotten: "You look way farther along. You look like you're 6 months pregnant already." from MIL
  • @tyannej This is one of many reasons I never speak of my pregnancy at work unless I have to. Everyone I work with directly knows but I'm sick of rude comments just because I said I had a headache or whatever. Some people just can't be nice. 
  • KSweetKSweet member
    @tyannej Honestly, I feel like the first trimester is the WORST time of the pregnancy. Yes, I know I'll be uncomfortable, etc, towards the end but it beats tired and nauseous. Plus it's more tolerable and motivating when you're close to seeing your baby versus just starting out. 
  • The "just you wait" people need to knock it off!

On the boy/girl note, we're planning to go to an elective place in a few weeks, and I am already dreaaaaading the comments we're going to get from people either way.  Why can't people just be excited and not put their own visions of a perfect family on other people?? I don't think I "need" a boy to make my family complete, and I feel like it's insulting to my girls to keep insisting I need a boy. 

• bria21-2bria21-2 member
    edited May 2017
    @emwj10187 When we told my grandmother we were having a boy she looked at me disappointed and said aw I was hoping you'd have a girl :-/. I get where you're coming from!
  • @TallMomma29 We were originally going to find out and then when people asked say "we're keeping it a surprise" (true for them at least) to avoid all of those shitty comments. I was especially worried about starting the gender stereotyping before she's even born. But then we found out and were excited to tell people so that went out the window. When we've told people I've been pretty vocal about how I feel on the topic and our friends at least get it. Except the one who keeps suggesting stripper names cause he thinks it's funny...
  • "Not everyone glows, some people get swollen and ugly.. so if you're glowing, you're going to have a girl and if you're ugly, you're going to have a boy" ...My mom always knows what to say SMH