May 2017 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 4/24-4/28

Re: Weekly Randoms 4/24-4/28

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Louise_Belcher Yikes! That sounds like it could have been a bad fall. I'm glad baby is moving around, but like everyone else has said I would call. 

@michelle59-2 I too got very anxious anytime DD was out of my site. Once we got home I literally cried and she was right next to me. MH asked what was wrong and I said that I missed her, but she was right next to me! She had to be monitored in another room when we were in the hospital and I made MH stand outside the window to watch her and call me every 10 minutes. 

This may belong in the UO thread, but my GF and I were just talking about this the other day. I think everyone to some extent gets the baby blues. It may be very mild, where you may not notice it at all, or it could be much more severe. I'm glad that you are speaking to someone, but don't get discouraged, as you are a VERY new mom and it is normal to panic a little when the babe that you've had with you for so long is not in the same room as you. Just do what's best for both of you and know that you will both be ok. 
  • Options
    @starphish18 we were just talking about Byram and pumps; I got an email saying a shipping label was created so I looked at the tracking number and it was picked up. It's very close to me in IL so I'm assuming I will get it in the next couple days. It took 4 days to submit, contact doc, process and ship. Hopefully you get your confirmation email soon if not already. 
  • Options
    @Louise_Belcher I may be wrong but I feel like the reason you need to call after a fall is something about the placenta? Baby could still be moving perfectly normally but something could still not be right? Not trying to freak you out, but I don't really see a reason not to call in the morning! 
  • Options
    I fell down the damn garage stairs at my parents! The bruise on my butt and elbow better be huge and dark because the stupid thing hurts! 
    I'm so sorry you fell down the stairs! That must have been really painful and scary. I'm glad the baby is doing fine. I had to smile at the "I hope the bruise is huge and dark" comment because that's how I always feel when I hurt myself - like, this sucks and I want people to know it sucks.
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• Options
    @Louise_Belcher Glad you called and they're monitoring. Can't hurt, always better safe than sorry!
  • Options
    @Louise_Belcher jus' chillin' with the straps on. Lol
  • Options
    @Jens_Hoes 8 cases of measles?! SHEESH.
  • Options
    @Jens_Hoes  That's ridiculous. They shouldn't be allowed back at all until they get vaccinated. 
  • Options
    Hello ladies!! Been a while since I been on here... 
    Has anyone popped yet? No? Maybe? 
    I love reading thru everything unfortunately a full 8 pages would take FOREVER so I try to read what I can. 
     My lil love bug has had a timmy virus horrible diarrhea and rash from it but glad to say he's getting better! I've had SO MUCH pressure down below it's almost unbearable D; 

Had a doc appointment today I'm really kind of pissed about, I had a sub to see me today because emy current ob wasn't in. Anyway my regular ob said I was 1/2 cm dilated 40% effaced and -3 (whatever that means) & I was measuring fine. Seen sub ob today and he said I was completely closed and that I'm measuring 40+weeks when I'm only 37+5? He scheduled me for an ultrasound. Now I'm stressed I don't want to have a csection if possible I want natural :(
  • Options
    Man the last 2 days have been crazy at work so I've just been love titting! I don't remember everything...sorry! 

We we had our last Lamaze class last night and some of the ladies were asking questions. This one asked about vaccines for the baby that they get in the hospital and if they can deny them...I was like oh man here we go! But she just wanted to see if they could wait to do the shot st their peds office instead of using the hospitals ped. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     "A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin
  • Options
    KMD1106KMD1106 member
    edited April 2017
    Jens_Hoes said:
    Interesting tidbit-
    the local state college, which has approximately 17,000 students, has 8 confirmed cases of mumps and they just passed a rule that if the students do not prove they've been vaccinated, they aren't allowed back on Campus until may 21st at the earliest. 
    This is yet another reason I will 100 percent be vaccinating my children. 

Eta: it's mumps not measles
    There are 32 cases of kids with measles in Minnesota right now. It's scary! Of the 32, only 1 has been vaccinated. :(
    May Siggy Challenge: Labor Memes

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
    DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
    BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• Options
    KMD1106 said:
    Hello ladies!! Been a while since I been on here... 
    Has anyone popped yet? No? Maybe? 
    I love reading thru everything unfortunately a full 8 pages would take FOREVER so I try to read what I can
     My lil love bug has had a timmy virus horrible diarrhea and rash from it but glad to say he's getting better! I've had SO MUCH pressure down below it's almost unbearable D; 

Have you read through anything? Like maybe the birth announcements thread? Maybe it's just me, but it's a little offensive that you come in here to get support without supporting anyone else in months or even finding out if babies have been born. 

I am sorry your son has been sick and glad he's feeling better. I hope your ultrasound goes well. If you do end up with a csection though, it'll be ok. There's a whole thread dedicated to it if you have questions. 
    I don't pop in to get support? I'm not really 'expecting' to get replies. For the most part I enjoy reading and skimming thru ever say stuff that I see other mothers go thru and see that it's common, I did try when I was a bit active to reply to all the stuff that I read thru most the time when I read thru things it's really late or early and I read it either forget to reply or just go back to bed.  I just figured id give an update about my randoms cause I got overly excited to. Probably shouldnt have, I understand that. And apologies for my (idk how to put this this but) dumbness but I honestly thought "birth announcements" were saying your pregnant and or expecting. Not that you have already had the baby. I had been trying to figure out if anybody at all had their babies and the only thing I had found was the nicu forum check in.  Had I known the birth announcements thing I'd been there first. Thanks for your input appreciate it.  Will try to reply to everything more often and show my support 
  • Options
    KMD1106 said:
    Jens_Hoes said:
    Interesting tidbit-
    the local state college, which has approximately 17,000 students, has 8 confirmed cases of mumps and they just passed a rule that if the students do not prove they've been vaccinated, they aren't allowed back on Campus until may 21st at the earliest. 
    This is yet another reason I will 100 percent be vaccinating my children. 

Eta: it's mumps not measles
    There are 32 cases of kids with measles in Minnesota right now. It's scary! Of the 32, only 1 has been vaccinated. :(

SIAB: This is so crazy to me. I don't understand how people can see things like this and still not vaccinate. Makes no sense.
  • Options
    @MoshiMoshi7, unfortunately the majority of the cases is one cultural group that believes that this particular vaccination may cause autism. It's sad because they just aren't aware or informed. It's hard when they think they're protecting their kids from one thing while essentially they're actually parting of causing them to get another. 
    May Siggy Challenge: Labor Memes

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
    DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
    BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• Options
    I'm way behind on this thread, but YAY @chailife34 so happy to hear you are home and looking forward to reading your story
  • Options
    That's wonderful, @chailife34! I'm so happy to hear that you're home. 

• Options
    Yay @chailife34! Happy for you guys. 
  • Options
    @mdlorenz thanks for the head's up. Since hindsight is 20/20, any advice to prevent a rough patch?
  • Options
    SKZWSKZW member
    @chailife34: all the best to you and your family!!
  • Options
    @mdlorenz thanks for the head's up. Since hindsight is 20/20, any advice to prevent a rough patch?
    I second this request for advice. 

• Options
    @chailife34 so glad you made it home!!! That's great news! It must be such a relief to be out of the hospital :)
  • Options
    @chailife34 congrats!!