September 2017 Moms
Options

Sh!t people Say to Pregnant Ladies

mrs_tacosmrs_tacos member
edited April 2017 in September 2017 Moms

We've already had many discussions about the ridiculous and rude things people say to pregnant women, and I thought it might be time for a dedicated thread. So go ahead, post all the out of line nonsense people say to you here. We promise to be outraged on your behalf. ;)  

Re: Sh!t people Say to Pregnant Ladies

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @iheartichi don't feel bad about wearing maturnity clothes! I starting wearing the pants at 12 weeks just because they were more comfortable and I dont want to stretch out my regular pants. Plus it's none of they're business everyone carries different.

@jillibean0871 I'm sorry :( I feel like it's even rougher coming from family. 

@Becky012016  haha whoever said their baby won't be messy is going to be scared just from the birth process itself. 

• Options
    @wyomama0427- I'm sorry. I hope you get better luck this time around. How far apart are they?
  • Options
    @sarahufl DS will be 19 months when this one comes. He's 15 months now, and he is already a handful. He doesn't listen, he does everything he knows he's not supposed to do and even when I tell him no he just keeps doing it. He is very hard to handle sometimes! 
  • Options
    klcarr19 said:
    @iheartichi when it's your second kid you go "oh darn... back to stretchy pants... I was in my maternity clothes at 8 weeks! Haha. So comfy!
    Yep! This guy said this to me at work, and I was not really announcing it there except to my boss and close friends, so I was trying to stretch out my belly band and flowy shirts. But there comes a point where that just doesn't work anymore, and I'm there! I LOVE maternity clothes!! 

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @MrsVP614 I just moved to the South, and when I told a friend from home that I was nervous about the heat this summer, she said, "I'm SO glad both of my babies were born in the winter." I was like, That sounds like it was a very nice thing for you.
  • Options
    @Knottie1452987120 I had my baby in March last time... I can assure you... it's a struggle no matter the season! We can brave our first pregnancies in southern summers together! Haha
  • Options
    sarahufl said:
    @sarahufl DS will be 19 months when this one comes. He's 15 months now, and he is already a handful. He doesn't listen, he does everything he knows he's not supposed to do and even when I tell him no he just keeps doing it. He is very hard to handle sometimes! 
    I've taught several sibling sets, and typically if the older kid is really well behaved, the younger one will give you a run for your money. Not sure why it is.... BUT I have also taught plenty that were reversed. I kind of dreaded the younger sibling because the first was such a handful, but then the younger one ended up being super calm and easy going. 
    Honestly, I am prepared for the fact that they will be different. And I don't think I am somehow immune to that- it is the fact that so many people have this kneejerk reaction to tell me how much my child will suck that bugs me. What is wrong with "that is great! congrats!"? Or just.....nothing at all? DH is #5 and I am #3 and our parents both say we were their easiest children. 
    Oh, yeah... I totally get that! That isn't really any different than saying "Your DD is so pretty... this one will probably be ugly."
    Pregnancy Ticker