September 2017 Moms

Sh!t people Say to Pregnant Ladies

Re: Sh!t people Say to Pregnant Ladies

• Loading the player...
  • DPandMB said:
    Maybe there was confusion since you can put toddlers on leashes.
    My mom used to get side-eyed so hard for having kids on those old harness leashes. Now they have the cute backpacks and I think it's become a little more accepted.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • My mom has picked many fights with me because I was upset when she was showing off pictures of me on a leash as a toddler. She doesn't seem to understand that I'm mostly upset that she wanted to show people the pictures, not that she used a leash so she wouldn't lose me. 

Also, I have 5 dogs. I have occasionally joked that 5 dogs are bound to be as hard as one kid, but I'm pretty sure that's not remotely true. I can leave them at home when I go to work or even out of town. I just have someone come by a few times a day to let them out/feed them/refill water. I can't do that with a kid. Also, if the dogs are annoying me, I can put them outside. A kid, you have to watch pretty much all the time. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • awildrose said:
    mrsmarygs said:
    DPandMB said:
    Maybe there was confusion since you can put toddlers on leashes.
    My mom used to get side-eyed so hard for having kids on those old harness leashes. Now they have the cute backpacks and I think it's become a little more accepted.
    On a serious note, I do get the reasoning behind some parents using the kid harness. It's not for us, but I won't side eye a parent at the zoo with one, either. 
    This exactly. I don't use one, but I totally get the need for one and don't side eye any mom/dad that uses it. 

• dogdisnylovrdogdisnylovr member
    edited April 2017
    @kgemkid My dogs are not normal, one is a jerk, and the other is so attached she death moans when I get home or when DH gets near me. Even with them being difficult to deal with, my answer will be dogs are way easier! I have step-kids, that is challenging in an of itself, but oh so rewarding. I can only imagine how difficult and rewarding raising one of your own is. 

And I am not going to lie I hope I do I better job at raising my child than I did my dogs.

ETA: Posted too soon and answered the question backwards. 
  • @Becky012016 I almost peed myself just now laughing at that. Lmao. 

• I was very close to buying a baby leash for my daughter. She is a wonderful kid but she was a nightmare as a toddler. As soon as she could walk she made sure to always run straight for whatever the most dangerous situation was possible and she also refused to ever sit in a stroller. 
  • I was very close to buying a baby leash for my daughter. She is a wonderful kid but she was a nightmare as a toddler. As soon as she could walk she made sure to always run straight for whatever the most dangerous situation was possible and she also refused to ever sit in a stroller. 
    It all makes sense now! Lol ;)
  • This game up in conversation with a friend yesterday so I thought I'd share it.

Right around DS's due date, I started having contractions late at night. DH and I were timing them and getting all excited for go time. I was exhausted and they weren't getting closer together so we figured we would try to get some sleep. By the time I woke up they had stopped.

BIL texted DH to ask how things were going and DH said we thought things were starting but they stopped so no news. BIL gives a long explanation of Braxton Hicks and that lots of women get them. Um...thanks? These were not BH and felt the exact same as when my actual labour started. I was so mad

Get ready for lots of "helpful" info in the third tri
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @MyNamesTaken
    I hate advice that I don't ask for. I have been warned it comes in tidal waves with both pregnancy and child rearing...I don't look forward to this. 
  • stephy_p said:
    We found out our baby has a rare kidney/bladder birth defect at my A/S. My pregnancy is now considered high risk. We were talking with DH's family about it over Easter. When my DH's grandma left to head home, she hugged me and said, "Don't worry, honey, pregnancy is easy". WTF? I still can't figure out what she meant by that.
    Wow. Way to be supportive.  :/ It's definitely not easy at all especially when you get news like that :( 
  • Ugh. That's obnoxious
  • My mother told me to stop after my first son because it's going to be hard enough finding someone else (when my husband and I split) having 1 kid but anymore would just make it impossible. 
  • My mother told me to stop after my first son because it's going to be hard enough finding someone else (when my husband and I split) having 1 kid but anymore would just make it impossible. 
    My mom did something similar to me a year or so after I was married. Basically pointing out all of DH's flaws and telling me why he wasn't the right one for me (through a text). I was dumbfounded and upset. If she felt this way, it possibly should have happened before I got married. Also, she was basing all this on a few times a year she actually sees and is around DH for a decent amount of time. Thankfully, she hasn't said anything since but it's still there in my head...

Try your best to ignore and more on. People suck sometimes, even moms. 
  • BigBadWolf12BigBadWolf12 member
    edited April 2017
    @lizlann  havent heard anything about seeds. But literally anything my ku coworker and I do or ingest they're like, "oh, can you eat/do that?" Yes, yes I can lol

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016
    Started IF testing Nov 2016
    Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
    BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019