September 2017 Moms

Sh!t people Say to Pregnant Ladies

Re: Sh!t people Say to Pregnant Ladies

• Loading the player...
  • @angeladowns1 that one really gets me too!! 
  • labby18 said:
    klcarr19 said:
    MrsVP614 said:
    I'm sure I'll be back to add more, and this has been mentioned on plenty of threads here, but we've probably all heard already "oh my god, it's going to be so hot in the summer, you're going to be miserable." No shit. Summer is hot. There's no such thing as scheduling your pregnancy for perfect weather. 
    @MrsVP614 We moved to a Florida in december from Central Illinois and everyone I have run into was like "whoa! Being pregnant your first summer down here is brave." Or "well you sure didn't plan that out right." It's called air conditioning... calm your selves. Major eye roll!
    It's my last summer here in FL....wanted it to be one to remember. lol. 
    @labby18 haha. I love getting told on the daily that it was just terrible timing... I for one am glad for two months I can be home with my toes up during the hardest part of the pregnancy AND I start work right when I want time to go quickly. But yes... brutal heat in summer won't be fun but way to go out with a bang! 
  • kgemkid said:
    Someone recently told me that dogs are so much harder to take care of than kids. I'm on my second pregnancy so I know how hard a baby is to take care of but I've never had a dog.... I was shocked by the statement bc I refuse to believe that it could be true but then again I can't speak on dog ownership difficulties.  The person who said this does not have kids.

Sooo... for you ladies that have dogs and kids, which is harder???? 
    Hi are you new? We've had this discussion already
  • Twice actually, in our most recent UO and FFFC threads.
  • wyomama0427 said:no
    kgemkid said:
    Someone recently told me that dogs are so much harder to take care of than kids. I'm on my second pregnancy so I know how hard a baby is to take care of but I've never had a dog.... I was shocked by the statement bc I refuse to believe that it could be true but then again I can't speak on dog ownership difficulties.  The person who said this does not have kids.

Hi are you new? We've had this discussion already
    Oops.. yes for this baby I'm new here. I will search for it but my phone sucks 
  • mrsmarygs said:
    @kgemkid Welcome to our forum! We have a Introductions thread pinned at the top, so that we can get to know you, and we also have a *Read this First* thread that will help you get accustomed to the flow of things around here. 
    On mobile, the search bar is located at the very bottom of the page if you scroll all the way down (at least that's where it is on my phone). 
    Thanks lady! 
  • kgemkid said:

I think exclamations like these should be taken with a grain of salt, lol. Especially considering that person does not have a child. 
  • @kgemkid I have a rescue dog, and he's pretty darn challenging (he has back and dental issues, he's on antidepressants, we have a series of routines for everything from walks to leaving the house, ...), but my guess is that raising a child will still not be comparable. Haha. However, my husband and I do consider having a dog great communication training for us, and we've definitely learned some good lessons in unconditional love. :smile: