June 2017 Moms
Options

Symptoms 4/17

Re: Symptoms 4/17

• Options
    kdanjou said:
    @erinh84 sounds like you might have 'geographic tongue'
    That's exactly what my OB said when she looked at it today. She said it's actually pretty normal during pregnancy. It can be caused by hormonal changes or low iron. I've been dealing with anemia this entire pregnancy so it makes sense. She said to cut out salt and spicy food and increase my water intake. I'm hoping it helps.
  • Options
    @merrylea I was just coming on here to post that I think my BP might be low! I've had this weird fuzzy/light headed feeling in my head today and yesterday. I'm 99% sure I'm not dehydrated. I think I'm going to stop at a walgreens on the way home and check it. I'm with the twins today and tomorrow so I can't really go in just for a BP check. Unless I want to take 4 month old twins with me. HA!

@itsfine hope they slow down soon! 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @erinh84 Interestingly, I always have a geographic tongue (pregnant or not) - funny that getting it during pregnancy leads to taste-related issues. Hope it feels better soon!

@itsfine Hope things calm down soon!

I've had a day full of Braxton Hicks that were starting to worry me a bit, but have calmed down. Perhaps the stress of discussing my not-yet-confirmed maternity leave coverage plan got to me....
    Me 37, DH 40
    BFP #1 6/13 DD 3/14
    Mirena 10/14-5/16
    BFP #2 9/2/16, CP confirmed 9/8/16
    BFP #3 10/10/16 EDD 6/22/17
  • Options
    @itsfine hoping things calm down for you <3

Me: 34, FTM, DH: 34
    BFP: 9/30/16, EDD: 6/9/17
  • Options
    @itsfine I hope your contractions disappear soon. How many weeks are you? I don't see you on the spreadsheet so creeping on there isn't working.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    danij0 said:
    @itsfine I hope your contractions disappear soon. How many weeks are you? I don't see you on the spreadsheet so creeping on there isn't working.
    Haha! I'm on there. Way on the top. I'm 34 weeks, measuring 37  :#
  • Options
    Hoping your uterus calms the eff down soon @itsfine !
  • Options
    danij0danij0 member
    edited April 2017
    itsfine said:
    danij0 said:
    Haha! I'm on there. Way on the top. I'm 34 weeks, measuring 37  :#
    Oh no, now everyone knows I'm a spreadsheet creeper and a bad one at that. I must be blind. I'll blame it on pregnancy.
    Fingers crossed that the contractions stop soon! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    BH cramps all morning for me, was concerned, but by the time the Dr. returned my call I was feeling mostly better. I stayed home from work, but can't do that too much. Not sure how I'm going to make it 7 more weeks.  
  • Options
    It's so interesting how different ob practices treat things differently. My BH have continued so I called the on-call ob since I had no recollection of what the threshold was of "come in". Answer was 4-5 in an hour, which I've definitely been hitting (and thought of @itsfine where the answer is quite different!)

Currently lying down to see if that helps, as I really don't feel like a trip to L&D to confirm all is well (and baby is clearly moving). I'd forgotten that BH are quite difficult to count, too. 

Thus ends my Thursday pity party. 
    Me 37, DH 40
    BFP #1 6/13 DD 3/14
    Mirena 10/14-5/16
  • Options
    The tdapp made you sick? That's crazy! Only symptom I had after that shot was a slightly sore arm. 
    Peeing pants gives me sympathy for potty training toddlers and old women now. Terrible. 
    I try to stay on the toilet longer and then stand up and then get more out. This seems to prevent accidents. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    How are you doing @itsfine ?  Does anything help the contractions calm down (e.g. drinking more water, laying down)?  
  • Options
    I started having to most intense pelvic pressure last night along with intense lower back pain. If I try to stand up I feel like the baby is about to fall out of me. I can't even walk right now, I literally just crawled on my hands and knees to get to the bathroom. I'm waiting for a call back from my OB. Is this normal? Has anyone experienced this? I feel like I'm always making a mountain out of a mole hill, so I'm always worried I'm calling my OB about something stupid. DH is actually the one who made me call this time. I never felt pressure like this or anything remotely close with my first.
  • Options
    @erinh84 That doesn't sound normal - glad you called your ob! (And it's making my current call into my ob for my oddly frequent BH contractions feel quite unnecessary!) Keep us updated, ok?

Me 37, DH 40
    BFP #1 6/13 DD 3/14
    Mirena 10/14-5/16
  • Options
    @alm52386 - Hope your blood pressure checked out alright.  Also, that is a great idea!!!

@erinh84 - I have been feeling some intense pressure in the vaj this last week.  Dr told me baby can be more "engaged" at this time and she didn't seem to concerned about it.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @merrylea I actually didn't have time to stop to get it checked. Apparently they don't have the little stations anymore. They have you fill out a form and sit for 15 minutes then they take it. If it happens again today I'll have time to stop after work.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @erinh84 sometimes I barely feel like I can walk because of the discomfort and pressure. I might look into getting a support belt
  • Options
    Uh, @erinh84, I'm glad you called. Keep us posted on what they say.
  • Options
    @erinh84 I get that here and there with this LO. Last pregnancy it would only happen after sex. The OB said it's normal, especially in subsequent pregnancies.  :/ The only thing I've found that's helped is time. Hopefully it goes away soon!
  • Options
    @erinh84 Yes, I have the same thing. It's worse as the day goes on. Baby is very very low and feels like he could fall out at any given moment. 
  • Options
    And in the continuing saga of my overly cautious ob, I'm waiting to be seen in L&D to make sure it's just BH and nothing more concerning. Sigh...not how I was planning to spend my Friday afternoon (but I think this is where my high risk status tips things towards getting checked). Fingers crossed for boring updates....
    Me 37, DH 40
    BFP #1 6/13 DD 3/14
    Mirena 10/14-5/16
  • Options
    I'm cramping away here too at 30w!  First day it's really been period-like (vs. just painless tightening).  not too regular and is seeming to respond to water, but aggravating and stressful.  
    @c1tym0m22 - hope you get reassuring news!
    Me: 36 DH: 37
    Married May 2013
    TTC #1: April 2016 (Mirena removed March 2016 after 2.5 years)a
    BFP #1: 10/14/16 - DD born 6/2017  <3
    TTC #2 November 2018 (Mirena removed October 2018 after 1 year)
    BFP #2 9/11/19 - EDD 5/24/20 - DD born 5/2020 <3
    TTC #3 May 2022 (Mirena removed after almost 2 years)
    BFP #3 11/24/23 - EDD 7/30/24

• Options
    How's it going @erinh84 ??  I hope you're feeling better!!
  • Options
    Hoping it's nothing, @c1tym0m22. Keep us posted.
  • Options
    c1tym0m22c1tym0m22 member
    edited April 2017
    Thanks, ladies. I am apparently having some non-BH contractions, but cervix is long and closed. Current debate is if I need IV fluids or not to stop the contractions. (I'll guzzle a bottle of water if they just give it to me....the flaw of being here by myself!)

And he's back to breech. 

Update: IV fluids going in....fun times. 
    Me 37, DH 40
    BFP #1 6/13 DD 3/14
    Mirena 10/14-5/16
  • Options
    of course my OB ended up being out of the office today, so I talked to another OB in the office. She said pelvic pressure is normal, but not if it's making you crawl on your hands and knees because you can't stand up straight or walk. She wants me to head to L&D for monitoring. The only problem is there is no way I can drive and DH has been 4 hours away for a work this week. He's headed home now, but it's still going to be 2 hours before he gets here to take me. I'm just happy I found a babysitter for DS today. That would have been a nightmare. Hopefully this will turn out to be nothing major.
  • Options
    mkrelmkrel member
    Sorry you're dealing with that @erinh84. It definitely sounds like monitoring is a good udea with that much pain though. Keep us posted. 
  • Options
    Hang in there @erinh84 - thanks for the update and hope you get some answers and pain relief soon. 
    Me 37, DH 40
    BFP #1 6/13 DD 3/14
    Mirena 10/14-5/16
  • Options
    One foot swollen.  Woke up with it swollen and was on feet all day. It's always the right one. I have them elevated now.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @jenna312 I'm pretty sure that's a symptom you should call your OB about. Mine told me that sudden swelling, particularly in one side, is something to look out for. 
  • Options
    Not a pregnancy related symptom, but I have some kind of tendinitis in my foot I think. I can't apply any pressure to it, and having a toddler running around when you have to be on crutches is definatly not my cup of tea. Hopping it doesn't last too long so I can move away from my couch  :|
  • Options
    mrtmrt member
    @erinh84 I'm glad you're getting checked out. Fingers crossed it's nothing and goes away soon!
  • Options
    danij0danij0 member
    edited April 2017
    @erinh84 Glad you are getting it checked out. Try to rest while waiting for your husband. Hope they figure out the cause and it's nothing to worry about!

@c1tym0m22 Hope the IV quickly stops those contractions!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @erinh84 glad youre getting it checked out! Hope you feel better soon!
  • Options
    Thinking of you @erinh84 and @c1tym0m22
  • Options
     @c1tym0m22  glad the contractions stop and you are home. Hope you don't have a UTI. 

@erinh84 thinking of you. Keep us posted. 
  • Options
    @c1tym0m22, I am glad you are home!
    @erinh84, good luck dear. I hope it's nothing and you can come home soon too! 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers  
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    BFP #1 9/1999. DD Born 6/7/2000
    BFP #2 10/2011. EDD 7/11/12. MMC discovered 11/2/11. D&C 11/4/11.
    DX PCOS 10/2012.
    BFP#3 1/11/13. DS Born 9/17/2013
    BFP#4 9/30/17. Grow baby grow! 
    ~Everyone Welcome~