October 2017 Moms
Options

UO Thursday 4/13

Re: UO Thursday 4/13

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    What's a labor buddy?
    @bluejeanbabi05 It's someone you exchange contact info with and alert them when you are in labor so they can tell the BMB for you since you'll be otherwise occupied.
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, 
    if one only remembers to turn on the light." 
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • Options
    @purplestarz I totally agree with you about labor buddies. But maybe it depends on the BMB dynamic. By that time a core group from my BMB had already moved to FB and they were the only ones I cared about updating so I could easily do that myself. I broke up with my original labor buddy from TB..

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

UO why do you guys have to be so Bump-productive today while I have to work!?  I can't keep up so you can just stop now! 

I'll probably just be love tit-ing away for the remainder of the day when I can pop in.

But I did want to add I loved having a Labor Buddy to just talk to and get to know and pester with the "is this actual labor" questions a million times a day.  I would so be up for just having a Pregnancy Buddy instead of naming it a LB.  But yeah, I can update my labor myself.  Also, we didn't get buddies until we were already in the FB group which made it so much easier to message and keep up with as opposed to TB. 

• Options
    @Myelhsa I'm on your side - that's exactly what I'm saying - I get an appetizer, you'd better believe I'm getting dessert. There's no either/or involved here. 
    BFP#1: 12/3/13 EDD 8/15/13. Heartbeat found on 12/26/13, HB gone on 1/4/13. D&C 1/7/13
    BFP#2: 4/19/13 EDD 12/28/13. Team Green for pregnancy and Baby Girl arrived 12/21/13.
    BFP#3: 2/9/13 EDD 10/18/17. Team Green for Round 2!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    bluejeanbabi05 I had to chuckle because I'm 100% on Team Oxford Comma. I can't stand the sight of a sentence without one.  :D
  • Options
    ksf13ksf13 member
    Oh, @aprilsarahjune @purplestarz I'm definitely not against using them in general. I tried SO many with DD, just because of it reducing the risk of SIDS (and because the 3 month sleep regression was torture lol). She just preferred me as a pacifier more lol. I imagine we will try again with this one too.

@dajocl I totally get using the for sleep that long. That's definitely when I would have had a hard time taking it, if it were me. The girl that was wishing her 1 1/2 year old would still take his has a 3 year old that keeps hers in her mouth at ALL times. That's when it irks me lol.

@natleilynn JEALOUS! I would loveee some Arby's right now. We are going home to visit in 6 weeks and I'm already planning lunch there when our plane lands haha. I always ask for a cup of their Red Ranch too (it's the sauce that's on the beef & cheddar). 

@jessafishy We don't have Arby's either and now that's all I want haha. Our nearest is at least an hour away. I used to live like a mile away from one.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My UO comes from the POTD: I cannot stand mixing salt with sweet. They must be taken in separate bites and must be on opposite sides of the plate. I will even go as far as eating bacon first and then getting pancakes to ensure it doesn't touch a drop of syrup. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    UO:

It's called pop.

Not soda. Not coke.

Pop.

I don't like it and won't drink it, but still. It's called pop. That's it.
    BFP#1: 12/3/13 EDD 8/15/13. Heartbeat found on 12/26/13, HB gone on 1/4/13. D&C 1/7/13
    BFP#2: 4/19/13 EDD 12/28/13. Team Green for pregnancy and Baby Girl arrived 12/21/13.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    i wouldn't kick it out of bed. but i dont go gaga for bacon. it is meh to me. fine if it is there, i am not missing anything if it is not.
                                      DD1 - 10/11/13                 DD2 - 5/07/15

Pregnancy Ticker

May Siggy Challenge: Parenting Fails
    Image result for parenting fails
  • Options
    Re: Pacis - we cold turkey took it away around 18 months.  I had to get the scoop on pros and cons from the pediatrician because I was ready to, but DH was less ready to.  Pedi said 1) Yes, helps with SIDS prevention, but at >1 year (probably earlier) the risk for SIDS is ALMOST gone anyways; 2) It can alter teeth growth, positioning, and development; 3) Can lead to permanent bucking of the lips; and 4) Can exacerbate ear infections.

I had enough ammo to tell DH we were going to pull the paci.  He was only using it for naps and bedtime at that point anyways.
    TTC x 1.5 years.
    Acupuncture, Femera x3 cyles, and HSG.
    BFP in September 2014, DS born June 2015.
    TTC x2 months.
    BFP January 2017.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @dajocl I don't understand what you're attempting to convey.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Labor buddies for my last BMB was a little atypical for the TB because it was after many us migrated to a FB group during bump implosion of 2015.  We did "virtual waiting rooms" as events in the group.  I thought it was really awesome.  In fact, I did a separate virtual waiting room for our immediate families since we were giving birth in Seattle and our families were in the midwest - then we didn't have to bug people with group and/or individual texts.  My family loved it.
    TTC x 1.5 years.
    Acupuncture, Femera x3 cyles, and HSG.
    BFP in September 2014, DS born June 2015.
    TTC x2 months.
    BFP January 2017.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @natleilynn I only say Coke. 

Doesnt matter if its Coca Cola, sprite, or Dr. Pepper. It's all Coke. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @carries2018
    It's important to know all the terms, but to also know the correct term. Which is pop.  :smiley:

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I don't think we had labor buddies on my last BMB. Or maybe I wasn't active enough to be included. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    beezeeebeezeee member
    edited April 2017
    I feel like we hashed out this pop (no) vs. soda (yes!) vs. soft drink (wtf does that even mean) debate in a previous UO thread.

edited to fix a rogue parenthesis.
    October 2017 June Siggy Challenge -- "You Had One Job!" 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    SaveSave
  • Options
    How are labor buddies decided? Randomly or does everyone pick?