October 2017 Moms

UO Thursday 4/13

Re: UO Thursday 4/13

• Loading the player...
  • How are labor buddies decided? Randomly or does everyone pick?
    I think every group decided something different. We had decided to do it geographically, so you'd be in the same time zones, and one person kind of took it on from there and assigned them "randomly" (unless you PMd her requesting someone in particular).

we got stuck with a rogue third person who never really participated and it was awkward.

*O17 June Siggy Challenge - You had 1 job!*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • ksf13ksf13 member
    @natleilynn I only call them by their names (Dr. Pepper, Mountain Dew, Coke, etc.) and group them in a category with drinks. I wishhh I didn't like them, but Dr. Pepper is my weakness and is especially good with Arby's haha.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @beezeemarie did we? I don't remember. If so, sorry, blame pregnancy brain?
    BFP#1: 12/3/13 EDD 8/15/13. Heartbeat found on 12/26/13, HB gone on 1/4/13. D&C 1/7/13
    BFP#2: 4/19/13 EDD 12/28/13. Team Green for pregnancy and Baby Girl arrived 12/21/13.
    BFP#3: 2/9/13 EDD 10/18/17. Team Green for Round 2!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Agreed @carries2018. I'm from MI, but live in FL, so call it soda or pop I'll know what you're talking about. If you ask me for a Coke, though, you're getting an actual Coke. 

• Luckily not every place in my hometown is like that, but that certain mom and pop place is.  If you don't speak their language...you have no idea what you'll get!  
  • @ksf13 While I wouldn't give a pacifier to a toddler or preschooler both my girls used them until 2.5 ish for sleeping at least. And I will tell you the 6 months of hell that followed taking it away from my 3 year old at night was not for the faint of heart. I only took it away because the dentist thought it was starting to affect her teeth. But I absolutely will introduce it with baby #3 and it's use will be encouraged for my sanity.. 

• The Coke thing is all about context! When ordering you would just say the specific drink, i.e. Dr. Pepper. 

But in casual conversation I would say "hey I'm running to the break room. Does anybody want a coke?"

Makes perfect sense to me!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @Myelhsa wait, do you love Sam Adams Oktoberfest? If so, then we can be besties again.
    BFP#1: 12/3/13 EDD 8/15/13. Heartbeat found on 12/26/13, HB gone on 1/4/13. D&C 1/7/13
    BFP#2: 4/19/13 EDD 12/28/13. Team Green for pregnancy and Baby Girl arrived 12/21/13.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • erink7211 said:
    The Coke thing is all about context! When ordering you would just say the specific drink, i.e. Dr. Pepper. 

But in casual conversation I would say "hey I'm running to the break room. Does anybody want a coke?"

Makes perfect sense to me!
    but then they come back with coca-colas!
                                      DD1 - 10/11/13                 DD2 - 5/07/15

Pregnancy Ticker

May Siggy Challenge: Parenting Fails
    Image result for parenting fails
  • @carries2018 no... because if they said "yes" I would then ask "what kind?"

I'm pretty sure I would stop in my tracks if I ever heard anyone around here say "pop."  I know it's out there but I don't think I've ever actually heard it used in person. 

• JessDG  I'm from the south, I get you girl!  All sodas are cokes.
  • Y'all, I'm from the south, too, and in my parts, we say pop.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @natleilynn I question where your southern allegiance lies!  Pop is a northern word. 
  • acnd08 said:
     Southern girl here! I'm guilty too. Everything is coke! 

DH is from Philly and that has always been a biggie for him. "But WHAT do you want to drink??" I'll say the same thing about when his family goes to the Jersey shore. I say, "We're going to the shore." Them? "We're going down the shore."

WHAT??? WHYYYYYYY?

It's been 11 years and still........

:lol:
    Lol this reminds me of Michigan. Whenever you're traveling anywhere in northern Michigan, you're going "up north"

• @natleilynn what part of the south??? I have literally never heard it before and I'm in TX. 

• I'm in NC now but I grew up in the Appalachian Mountains in Virginia. Rural, southern, middle of nowhere. Close to Kentucky and Tennessee. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @natleilynn I grew up in NC and eventually went to App State- everyone said coke around me! 
    Real question though, how do you pronounce Appalachian...??
  • @flyingfall
    app-uh-latch-un

I even have a shirt that spells it out:

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @natleilynn I grew up in NC and eventually went to App State- everyone said coke around me! 
    Real question though, how do you pronounce Appalachian...??
    As a michigan alum, I just don't ever say that word. *shudders*

• @natleilynn whew, thank goodness!
  • @bluejeanbabi05 this is a bigger UO for me than pop. I used to scream at the news when we lived up north when they pronounced it any other way. DH has learned to convert. 

I feel passionate about this.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @bluejeanbabi05 :D so sorry for your loss (not really, but I'll pretend) 
  • @flyingfall My little sister went to App State! My dad and stepmom have been in NC for about 17ish years. So my half siblings grew up there and my sister went to school there for for couple years and is back in her hometown finishing up her last few classes. 
  • @flyingfall I was at that game, wow that was a lot of years ago now. Not my favorite moment of college football history. 

I'm sure this board will get plenty spicy come September *rubs hands in anticipation* I hope you ladies don't hate me because my team is the shit ;)

• @curlyq423 seriously the best college ever, I miss Boone and all the lovely locals!
  • @flyingfall @curlyq423 I went to running camp at App state in high school.

Yes, I am a nerd that went to running camp. For fun. And paid money to spend a week running.

It was a super gorgeous area though - I didn't want to go D1, but if I had, that would have been at the top of my list.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @bluejeanbabi05 I wasn't at the game but was part of the storming that happened on campus at App.. I can not wait for football season! My SO is a huge Bama fan and insists we raise our children Bama.. 
  • @flyingfall I'm fortunate that my DH went to university of central Florida, which barely has a football team, so our kids will be wolverines. Although, we did randomly play UCF this past season, which was fun for about 5 minutes until we were up about 40 points and DH got annoyed.