June 2017 Moms

Randoms 4/10

Have at it ladies!  Sorry no meme or gif today, I will be back on my game next week!  
                                                                          Married 12/17/2011
                                                                              K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                              C born 1/11/14
                                                              BFP #3 Nov 2014: D&C January 2015
                                                              BFP #4 Sept 2016: Due May 31 2017

Re: Randoms 4/10

• It's amazing what a decent nights sleep can do for you. Even with this head cold I'm batteling, I almost feel like a million bucks. 

@Elyse1384 agreed, there are some very weird people. Takes all kinds of kinds? 
  • Loading the player...
  • mkrelmkrel member
    @Elyse1384 Is she trying to induce labor or something....?

@krex-2 Completing projects always feels so good...and then you get to decorate!

We had an ultrasound on Friday and found out that our little girl's head is trending in the 97% percentile and she is about 2 weeks ahead, which I certainly didn't want to hear. My H has a bigger head and talking to his mom over the weekend we found out he was also 9lbs, so it's not looking good for me!

• MKRLTX said:
    @Elyse1384 Is she trying to induce labor or something....?

@krex-2 Completing projects always feels so good...and then you get to decorate!

We had an ultrasound on Friday and found out that our little girl's head is trending in the 97% percentile and she is about 2 weeks ahead, which I certainly didn't want to hear. My H has a bigger head and talking to his mom over the weekend we found out he was also 9lbs, so it's not looking good for me!

@MKRLTX oh that is the best part.  She wasn't pregnant.  I should have mentioned that it was a general waiting area (lab work, mammograms, ultrasounds, etc)
  • bergberg member
    @Elyse1384 a chocolate croissant sounds way better than lunges.  Hope your appointment goes well!
    @MKRLTX eeek!  My dad has a HUGE head and was 11lbs 11oz when born.  Many cousins have had large headed 9 and 10lb babies.  My SIL went to the Ped with my oldest nephew when he was three months and said, "So now have we discussed his unusually large head?"  I feel your pain.
    @EmeraldNC I'm so sorry to hear about your mother.  I hope things start to look up for her and you are able to relax some.  All the good vibes heading to you!
    @krex-2 decorating is the best part!!

Some of my family is on a cruise and most of my friends are on Spring Break and I'm over here wondering why I didn't get into teaching...
  • @EmeraldNC praying for you and your mom to get stable again. I am sorry you are dealing with this. 
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14

• @FSUNole31 4 day work week here too!  And today my students are all on a field trip, so I actually have time to get things done (ya know... like bump! lol) and then Wednesday they have specials (art, music, pe, library and computer) so I won't have them that day either! Woo hoo!  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Sorry about your mom, @EmeraldNC. Though I'm glad she will be able to get much needed help.
  • EmeraldNC said:
    I have a - what might get long - dear diary post.

As most of you know, I don't have a great relationship with my mom.  And actually had decided to cut her out of my life altogether after a recent incident where she began her emotional abuse and manipulation again.  Well, Thursday night my sister (who has the same type of relationship with my mom) called me in tears and said "somethings really wrong with mom, and I think we need to get her to the hospital."  After talking to my aunt (mom's sister) and then my mom... It was clear that she was off her medication (she is bi-polar) and in an extreme manic state.  It was nothing like I have ever seen/heard and my degree is in psychology!!  Anyways... although I dislike this woman that I can almost bare, I talked her into going to the doctor and the doctor recommended she go to the ER for a psychological evaluation.  Long story (just a tad shorter) she has been committed.  It looks like she will be in there for some time... and she is still very much manic.  She goes from being grateful my sister and I made her go, to mad in the matter of seconds.  She also is using her ability to call us (I had no idea this was allowed in the psych ward) to manipulate my sister and I (can you do this and that for me, when are you coming to visit, will you bring me this and that, look what you did to me, etc.) so, needless to say... I. AM. EXHAUSTED.

And my blood pressure has been high (shocker!)  Anyways... if you are the praying type, please say a prayer for me and my family.  This is something I never thought at 30 (and my sister at 27) would be having to deal with.  It is like taking care of a very sick parent.
    I am really sorry you are going through this. I have a similar relationship and situation with my mom and when she was admitted the first time she did the same things your mom is doing. I was also pregnant with blood pressure issues and decided that I did my best to get her better by admitting her, the rest was on her and I cut communication. The hospital is going to take care of all her needs, stop feeding into her control game by answering the calls and doing what she asks. Put this on her and the hospital. In the long run you will save yourself heartbreak and headaches.
  • @EmeraldNC sorry to hear about your mom. It sounds like she is in the right place to get the help she needs. 
  • @EmeraldNC, you poor thing!!  Sending lots of positive thoughts your way, and I hope your mom stabilizes soon.  Huge hugs!

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

• Hang in there @EmeraldNC - getting your mom into a safe place was the best possible thing you could have done. 
    Me 37, DH 40
    BFP #1 6/13 DD 3/14
    Mirena 10/14-5/16
    BFP #2 9/2/16, CP confirmed 9/8/16
    BFP #3 10/10/16 EDD 6/22/17
  • Praying for you @EmeraldNC !!

One of my best friends is finding out the sex of her baby today and keeps saying she "doesn't know what she'll do if it's another boy." (She has one son already) I'm trying really hard to be supportive but also want to shake her- I knew you guys would understand my rage and I just had to vent. Like... GET A GRIP.  This is someone who's gone through the whole IVF circus. You'd think she would have some perspective but ugh, I guess not.
  • I'm also in the four day work week club! We have every other Friday off due to not using our built-in snow make-up days!

@MKRLTX I am right there with you! I had a growth scan a few weeks ago after measuring ahead at my previous appointment. Her overall size/weight was in the 60th percentile, but her head was in the 90th! At my appointment on Friday, my fundal height was measuring at 36 weeks, so I have another growth scan next week.
  • @Elyse1384 I wish I had a chocolate croissant while waiting for my ultrasound this morning.  All I got to have was orange glucola  :s

@EmeraldNC I'm sorry you are having to deal with that,  It's a lot for any kid to have to see their parents struggling, let alone to do that while you are pregnant and worry about how that emotional stress will impact things.   I hope they can get her to a more regulated state quickly.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I took a half day so I could do my ultrasound and glucose test this morning.  I've been here a whopping hour and have gotten nothing done.  I should've taken the day off.  I am exhausted right now and I'm feeling slightly useless.  But I have minimal sick days so I didn't want to use them now.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @EmeraldNC. That sounds really stressful! I hope your mom gets the help she needs and you can distance yourself from the stress. 
  • @EmeraldNC thoughts and prayers sent your way. Keep your head up!

I really really wish I took the day off. The weather is so beautiful today! At least it was also really nice yesterday, but I think I'll just go stand outside randomly throughout the day.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm so tempted to call in sick tomorrow @danij0.  It's going to be close to 80 here!  But I have 2 meetings (which can be covered by someone else).  We'll see, I really should save my sick days for maternity leave, but I'm somewhat selfish sometimes.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @EmeraldNC i feel for you! Have you ever done a class put on for the families? I deal with similar situations with my sister. She has been in and out of private and public facilities. As of now, I have zero relationship with her. Zip! Which has to be harder for you since this is your mom. Going to one of the facilities week long family retreats is what helped me the most. They helped me figure out what that I can't feel guilty, and what my boundaries were with my sister. 
  • I'll be praying for you guys @EmeraldNC I know how stressful this can be. My dad has bipolar disorder and schizophrenia and regularly goes off his medication. He has been hospitalized several times. If you need anyone to talk to about it feel free to PM me. ❤️
  • @EmeraldNC Im sorry you and ypur family are going through this. Hopefully she stabilizes and you can set safe boundaries for everyone. Praying for you guys!
  • @EmeraldNC I'm so sorry that you and your loved ones are dealing with that.  
  • @EmeraldNC I'm so sorry about your mom. My dad has been dealing with similar issues for as long as I can remember. He has been admitted to a few different hospitals. It's stressful every time. I'll be thinking of you. 

Went and picked up my gd supplies​. Then went to the park with DD2. My allergies are going crazy now. I.cant.breath. 

Mom to Madison- 5 and Lillian 2....and now surprise baby #3!
  • @EmeraldNC It's pretty great! The only downside is on snowy years. For the past three years, we had to go a week or more extra at the end of the year after using up all of our built-in snow days and then some.
  • mkrelmkrel member
    edited April 2017
    Did anyone send a boundary setting email regarding what will happen after baby is born to family? My parents will be staying with us and my in laws will be flying down and staying at a hotel as soon as they find out I'm in labor. We have no problem with the visitors, and it won't work to stager bc SIL is due two weeks after me and this is their first grandchild, but after our class at the hospital yesterday I have been thinking of sending an email out to set expectations as far as visiting and what to expect. I know that our parents are excited, but I want to reiterate that there will be a lot of BFing and napping going on and that I will likely kick everyone out of the room at the hospital during feedings etc. Also when we get home, getting into our new routine is the top priority and everyone is welcome to sit around and look at the baby, but I'm sure I'll be spending a lot of time with feedings. Did anyone do something like this and if so, how did it go over? Anyone else planning to?
  • bergberg member
    edited April 2017
    @MKRLTX I haven't sent anything out and I don't plan to.  But I don't think it hurts to set that boundary if it makes you feel more comfortable.  
  • Hugs @EmeraldNC. I'm sorry you're dealing with that but glad she is where she needs to be to get the proper care. 
  • @MKRLTX We didn't send an email, but my brother and SIL did when they had their first. No one thought it was weird - it was helpful for grandparents to know what to expect. Definitely do it if you feel it will make you more comfortable! 

We make it pretty clear that visits are fine, but they must be short and I won't get baby up just to be ooohed and ahhhed over.
    I would also go crazy if someone stayed with us!

We also don't tell anyone that I'm in labor before baby is born. MIL is not a fan of this at all, but she wouldn't be able to keep the news to herself. I'm a fairly private person and we don't feel that anyone really needs to know other than whoever is staying with DS (probably my mom because she won't tell anyone). 

I would never, ever, in a million years, BF in the same room as my FIL...but I also am not really comfortable nursing with anyone in the room other than nurses/LCs and DH! No public nursing for me. But comfort levels differ. 
  • Awesome update @Mother0fDragons!
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14

• I've never really thought about sending an email, but I also believe I have family that would respect my wishes and wouldn't just pop in and disrupt things and would try to be sensitive. 

Neither of our parents will be coming until after the baby is born unless they happen to buy their tickets ahead of time and I go super late. I'm having my baby at a birth center, so I won't be in a hospital or anywhere other than home for multiple nights unless something goes wrong. I haven't talked to H about what we'll do when I go into labor. I like the idea of just texting our parents and letting them know and that we won't be answering our phones so they can pray for us and not telling anyone else until after and potentially after we're already home. I do have other extended family in the area, including some I'm really close to, but at this point, I would prefer if no one came to the birth center. We'll see if I change my mind. 

I wouldn't mind too much if my sister came, but I would feel much more uncomfortable with my SIL. I like her fine, but I would feel uncomfortable and worried about offending her if we asked her to leave, while I would be fine saying that to my sister. And based on past experiences, she's (SIL) not the best at taking a hint.