June 2017 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 4/3

Re: Weekly Randoms 4/3

• Options
    I'm low key excited about labor as well. I hope a lot of it feels natural to me
  • Options
    @Stankonia2014 I'm the same. I want to go into labor on my own so badly, but I was gbs+ with DS and I have this whole previa thing going on so then it also makes me nervous. But the thought of a c section also makes me nervous. Basically I'm a ball of excited/anxious/nervous. I don't do well with the unknown, haha. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Mother0fDragons DH is going to the Czech Republic with his grandpa and some cousins/aunts/uncle's May 11-24 and I keep giving him grief about me going into labor then (I'd be 35-36 weeks so fairly unlikely), but I did set up a game plan the other day with my parents and friends we have in town juuuuust in case! Haven't thought about what we'll do around actual edd time.
  • Options
    +1 for the wanting to go into labor on my own.  I was induced last time, and I really want the experience of going into labor and having that excitement.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I know we previously discussed a similar topic about who'd be watching our kids/pets. But we seriously have 5 potential scenarios of going into labor. Things were less complicated our first time around.
  • Options
    We just spent our entire childless dinner discussing going into labor scenarios and what our plans would be. We have like five possible scenarios. Lord, let me go into labor at night. This would be the easiest! 

Anyone want to start a thread and discuss all your possible game plans for when/if labor starts spontaneously?

I should really discuss this with H. I think it would make him a lot more comfortable. We briefly talked about it last night, and he was concerned what would happen if he wasn't with me when my water breaks or I go into labor. I was like, "well, you'll just have to be really good about keeping your phone on you and listen for it," which he often doesn't do. He tends to break phones so he doesn't always have it on his person, and he also just won't feel it if it goes off sometimes. I should discuss specific scenarios with him. 
  • Options
    My game plan basically consists of calling my mom/grandmother or DH missing it and going it alone. 

If I go into labor on my own, I anticipate (hope, wish, pray) it will be quick. My other labors were inductions (besides DD1), but lasted all of three hours (from start of IV to birth) and that was only because I needed antibiotics first. 

If I'm induced then my mom or grandmother will watch the girls. 
  • Options
    My random: DH was out shopping and came home with a smore sundae for me. He is a smart man. 

I hated being induced because those contractions were intense, but I also like the idea of knowing when so I don't have to worry about someone for DD. We have a ton of different plans for all labor situations and are lucky enough that so many people agreed to take DD if need be.

My favorite plan in my work plan. My school is over 100 years old so we have an old bell outside my room that you pull the chain and it lets off a loud bell (old fire alarm I think). I keep telling the other teachers if they keep hearing the bell ring that means I am in labor and to come help. I like freaking them out LOL

• Options
    I am finding the +GBS interesting because it doesn't match my prior experience. I was + in my last pregnancy and there was no talk of not letting me go into labor on my own (which I did). They just said to make sure to come to the hospital in time to get both bags of antibiotics.

Me: 34  DH: 35
    Married: July 2009
    BFP: November 2012 after 2 years of TTC     DS born August 2013
    Diagnosed with PCOS April 2016
    3 months of trigger shot with timed intercourse BFN x3
    First IUI: 9/17/16            BFP: 9/30/16              EDD: 6/11/17

• Options
    @lovesclimbing I'm the bad one with the phone. Fortunately my husband has to have his phone for work. So reaching him won't be difficult. Hope yours can get into a habit of a least checking it frequently. 

• Options
    kahlan82 said:
    I am finding the +GBS interesting because it doesn't match my prior experience. I was + in my last pregnancy and there was no talk of not letting me go into labor on my own (which I did). They just said to make sure to come to the hospital in time to get both bags of antibiotics.
    It's not that they won't let me go into labor on my own, it's that I *assume* I'll have a fast labor, so I'm pretty scared to go into labor on my own if I'm GBS+ because I fear I might not make it in time for antibiotics. 
  • Options
    I am excited for labor, just praying I don't tear this time around and that my recovery is easy.  The recovery is the part that terrifies me!  I am also hoping this baby goes head down asap!
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14
                                                                  BFP #3 Nov 2014: D&C January 2015
                                                                  BFP #4 Sept 2016: Due May 31 2017

• Options
    I told my OB that I did not want to be induced unless it's medically necessary. I've heard you tend to labor longer/harder if you get induced.

On on the grandparents note: My maternal grandparents were Nonna and Nonno (grandma and grandpa in Italian) and my paternal grandparents were Busha (Americanized version of grandma in Polish) and Papa. So Victoria will be calling my parents Nonna and Papa. DH's mom will just be grandma. Lol 
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    Add me to the super excited and slightly obsessed with labor.  This is my third and my first was a scheduled section and second I was scheduled to be induced but wish I declined because I didn't need the interventions but it went perfectly.  This could be my last and I just want the whole experience beginning to end! 

Our parents are 2-3 hours away so we have a couple people on call to come over and watch the kids until they can get here. 

I also thought Ellery's birth story was awesome but also slightly crazy.  My DH would definitely lose it .
  • Options
    kahlan82 said:
    It's not that they won't let me go into labor on my own, it's that I *assume* I'll have a fast labor, so I'm pretty scared to go into labor on my own if I'm GBS+ because I fear I might not make it in time for antibiotics. 
    Yep, same here. I was GBS+ and had a fast labor with DS (though not quite as fast as @Stankonia2014 ) and my only concern is how fast it might go this time around. But maybe I won't be GBS+ this time and won't have to worry. Or maybe I'll be induced again and really not have to worry. :joy:
  • Options
    kahlan82kahlan82 member
    edited April 2017
    @Stankonia2014. Ah got ya. That is a scary thought. My first labor was roughly 22 hours from first contraction to baby. Hmmm, now I have something to talk to my doctor about too. I wonder if I need to worry about being GBS+ this round because of a possible speedy labor. I have heard 2nd labors go faster, true? 

Me: 34  DH: 35
    Married: July 2009
    BFP: November 2012 after 2 years of TTC     DS born August 2013
    Diagnosed with PCOS April 2016
    3 months of trigger shot with timed intercourse BFN x3
    First IUI: 9/17/16            BFP: 9/30/16              EDD: 6/11/17

• Options
    I'm +GBS this time and because of my fast labors I'll be induced at 39 weeks to get the antibiotics (I was induced with my second bc of fast labors and living more than 30 minutes away).  Pretty excited because then I hopefully won't have an Ellery story lolol
  • Options
    Speaking of quick labors for you STM+ was your 2nd or more faster than your first?
  • Options
    @mombod my first was 12 hours, 2nd about 6. 

I'm so nervous about going into labor. Not the actual labor part but now that my sitter got a real job I don't know who will watch the girls. I have a friend who I am actually going to talk to today about watching the girls, but she has her own kid so it's not like she can just drop everything to help. My hope is if I can go into labor early morning and have her by the afternoon. 

Mom to Madison- 5 and Lillian 2....and now surprise baby #3!
  • Options
    @mombod yes, 12 hours for DS1 and 5 for DS2. I was induced the first time at 38.5 for pree so I'm sure that's got a little to do with the length, but not much.
    Lilypie Maternity tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    mamaelle27mamaelle27 member
    edited April 2017
    @Stankonia2014 @CurlyMommy416 How do I convince my doctor to induce me again? I have a new doctor this time and she's not as pro induction. Last time I was in early labor that didn't progress (from 38-39 weeks) and it was just getting crazy nervewracking/unpredictable so they induced, just pitocin, and baby girl was born 5 hours later. This time, I know i'm GBS+ already and I'm nervous about a too quick labor and not getting the antibiotics. Plus, I'm a control freak and would love to know when the baby's coming, and that my DD is taken care of. 

ETA: Obviously I know some people don't believe in elective inductions, and it would only happen if everything were properly lined up, and at the end of the day I'll do whatever my doctor says, but it would be nice to know the proper arguments for one. 
  • Options
    My older neices called my Dad "Gramps" and he was sooooo sad. He claims he'd waited all these years to be "Grandpa". *sigh* Can't please everyone...
    My DD calls him either Grandpa or Goong-Goong (Chinese for Mom's Dad). She calls his gf "Nani" because that's what her grandkids call her. She calls the Mr's parents Yeh-Yeh and Maw-Maw (also in Chinese). 

My sister has her grandson call her Mimi, which I can't stand, because she didn't feel old enough to be Grandma.  

• Options
    Labors:
    DD1 - induced 41 weeks - 24 hours
    DD2 - induced 38 weeks - 3.25 hours
    DD3 - induced 39 weeks - 3.5 hours

@mombod
    @kahlan82, very true for me.
  • Options
    @mamaelle27, I'm not sure. My doc is pretty lax, and if conditions are favorable, he'd let me do an elective induction. With my others, I was induced for medical reasons (overdue/macrosomia, IUGR, GD). Had this pregnancy been uneventful, I was going to do an elective induction (because my doc is going out of the country), however, due to insulin and other complications, I'll be induced at 39 weeks anyway.
  • Options
    Yikes those are some drastic reductions. Now Im a little nervous about a car baby with my toddler in the back seat. First was 6 hours after first contraction and my mom made it as I started pushing. I need to make a childcare plan!
  • Options
    We had our check-up ultrasound yesterday for Chloe's stomach! She is head down now! But she is folded in half with her feet by her head so that's why I am still feeling all the movements down low. It could also explain all the pelvic pain this week I guess. They estimate her to be 2lbs 12 oz, giver or take half a pound, which puts her in the 48th percentile. Her stomach is still "prominent" but it has been the whole time so no one is worried about it. My fluid levels are fine and they see no signs of any blockage. Now we just make sure she is eating okay, not spitting up a lot and having enough wet/poopy diapers after she's born. 

As far as labor plans, I am going to be done working around 37 weeks and DH only works 10 minutes away. He has permission from his boss to close the store if I go into labor and one of his employees can't get there right away. He is super easy to get ahold of at work since I can just call the store. And when it gets close he better answer even if he is with a customer! Hopefully she doesn't come before 37 weeks because I don't want to go in to labor while babysitting!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Y'all... if you didn't already know this... or try it...

Aluminum foil works to keep your kitty's out of things you don't want them in. My kitten has been trying to take claim over the pack and play... I tried it last night and she hated it! I'm excited about this discovery lol 
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    BellaO21 said:
    Y'all... if you didn't already know this... or try it...

Aluminum foil works to keep your kitty's out of things you don't want them in. My kitten has been trying to take claim over the pack and play... I tried it last night and she hated it! I'm excited about this discovery lol 
    I use foil around the Christmas tree for my puppy! 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers  
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    BFP #1 9/1999. DD Born 6/7/2000
    BFP #2 10/2011. EDD 7/11/12. MMC discovered 11/2/11. D&C 11/4/11.
    DX PCOS 10/2012.
    BFP#3 1/11/13. DS Born 9/17/2013
    BFP#4 9/30/17. Grow baby grow! 
    ~Everyone Welcome~
  • Options
    @mombod my labors were #1 1.5 hours, #2 45 minutes (they induced and broke my water). 

@mamaelle27 like Stanky's, my doctor was very on board with inducing me at 39 weeks bc of my fast labor/ + gbs. I'd just try and discuss it with her and express your concerns. I'd hope you could come to a mutual decision together that's best for you and the baby.
  • Options
    My first labor was 14 hours.  But they wound up having to give me drugs to slow it down right after my water broke bc I had really long contractions (during pushing i was able to push 3 times, rest 2 minutes, and push 3 more times all on the same contraction) and DDs heart rate dropped.  They also made me wait an extra hour to start pushing bc I was gbs+ and they wanted to get the second bag of drugs in.  Not sure that mattered much, as DD was sunny side up which caused me to need to push for 2.5 hours anyway.

I'm very nervous this time bc we live 45 minutes from the hospital, I assume (hope) I go into labor naturally again, and we'll need to get child care in line for DD before leaving the house.  My doctor told me that if this one isn't sunny side up she will "fall right out of me" which was supposed to be comforting but was not.  I want my epidural.  I don't know of I'm gbs+ again yet...last time it was in my urine at 12 weeks but my urine was clear this time so I won't know for a while.

I also suspect this one is currently breech so she needs to get her shit together in the next 6 weeks.  My vagina is already destroyed from DD, I don't want to have to ruin my abs too!
  • Options
    mrtmrt member
    My first labor was 14 hours from start to finish, but they had to give me pitocen to speed it up because my water broke on its own, it also includes 3.5 hours of pushing. My second was 12 hours from start to finish, my water broke and then labor started in it's own. That time includes 2 hours of pushing. So not significantly faster. I would love for this one to be faster, especially the pushing part. My second was sunny side up, and I think my first might have been, too, I can't remember for sure though. Does anybody know if having an anterior placenta makes the baby more likely to be sunny side up? I had an​ anterior placenta with both of my boys, and this time I don't, so I'm hoping that might mean she's more likely to be facing the right way for delivery. I have no information to support this theory, though. Just wishful thinking.
  • Options
    My first labor was 26.5 hours start to finish. So I am not worried about any home birth or car delivery to be quite honest.  
  • Options
    mrt said:
    My first labor was 14 hours from start to finish, but they had to give me pitocen to speed it up because my water broke on its own, it also includes 3.5 hours of pushing. My second was 12 hours from start to finish, my water broke and then labor started in it's own. That time includes 2 hours of pushing. So not significantly faster. I would love for this one to be faster, especially the pushing part. My second was sunny side up, and I think my first might have been, too, I can't remember for sure though. Does anybody know if having an anterior placenta makes the baby more likely to be sunny side up? I had an​ anterior placenta with both of my boys, and this time I don't, so I'm hoping that might mean she's more likely to be facing the right way for delivery. I have no information to support this theory, though. Just wishful thinking.
    I never thought of that, nor do I have any research to support it, but DD was sunny side up and I did have anterior placenta with her as well.
  • Options
    @delujm0 @mrt I really hope it's not a correlation because I don't need anything potentially making me labor longer (I also have an anterior placenta). 

FWIW, this little one is usually butt/back against my belly and kicks towards my back ribs. I hope this is how she settles into my pelvis and she comes face down. 
  • Options
    mrtmrt member
    @delujm0 I found this on spinning babies, with a research citation. Anterior placenta does increase the chances that baby is the wrong way. I really hope this works out in my favor this time! @MotherofDragons it said baby facing up was only seen in 11.6% of cases in all, so it's nowhere near a definite, but it does increase the chances. Good luck!

• Options
    Chilling out this weekend after my last week traveling for work, super sore, but DH is doing a good job helping me out.

Watching a bunch of episodes of The Great British Baking Show and craving all the desserts. 

Also, trying not to stress out too much, but we will find out Monday if I still have previa and have to schedule a c-section.

• Options
    @mrt may the odds be in all our favor! 
  • Options
    Ew, crap. I have an AP (though I didn't with the others), but I do recall them saying DD1 was sunny side up and that gave me horrible back labor. 

I never even even thought of this. Back labor blows.