November 2016 Moms

Weekly Randoms: 3/26

Re: Weekly Randoms: 3/26

• @lajoliedreamer I just assumed DST because it started that very week.  I guess it could be regression related but she seems to be coming out of that now.  She's been a much better sleeper/napper for almost 2 weeks now.
  • I started running again a month or two ago with a friend. We were working our way into it so at first it was more walking than running. Now we're running more than walking and I'm discovering I have the mom problem - I pee myself a bit while running. :s It doesn't matter if I make an effort to empty my bladder before we start, all that jostling means by the end of almost every run, it's happened. I have been running most often in the rain since I live in the pacific NW, so it's not obvious to anyone else but me, but eventually the weather will clear up and I'll have to worry about it showing. I want to go to a zumba class on Wednesdays, but now I'm nervous. Other than kegels, does anyone have other ways I can strengthen my lady muscles? 
    Been there and still there! A panty liner helps me save face every time!
    Married: 08.05.11
    Welcomed baby girl: 06.10.14
    Second pregnancy EDD: 06.16.16 MC: 10.29.15
    Welcomed baby boy: 11.25.16
  • Loading the player...
  • @SandNStarsNJ - pantyliners would work for now (thanks for the suggestion!), but as it gets warmer I prefer to go commando when I exercise.It would be sad to have to give that up. This child has no idea the sacrifices I've been forced to make for her!
    SandNStarsNJ
  • @lajoliedreamer I also used to workout commando! Oh pre-baby life...

LO has a pretty wicked cold. Do I send him to daycare or call out on my third day back??
    lajoliedreamer
  • @SandNStarsNJ I sent mine. I mean daycare did give it to him. Although on week 2 of the cold he was sent home twice 
    SandNStarsNJ
  • @lajoliedreamer pelvic floor PT? I'm still in pantyliner mode but have noticed a decrease (FINALLY). At my PP appointment, doctor said it could take like 6 months for things to get back to "normal". 

I tried googling PFPT info/exercises a while ago but I got distracted :trollface:
    lajoliedreamer
  • desoky01desoky01 member
    edited March 2017
    I sometimes feel the pee urge when I jump/sneeze. Hoping I can figure out how to make things stronger down under too! 

H went back to work Sunday (he took all of his paid leave time - 18 weeks - because of his torn ACL and surgery recovery.) I didn't realize how much I'd miss him and how tough it would be. I also didn't anticipate how much I would miss LO since he's started falling asleep on his own. This milestone has been sad, I just want to wake LO up so I can snuggle him. 
  • @SandNStarsNJ - I did the same as @kvruns and sent her sick. So many of the kids there had runny noses when we started and she definitely picked it up, so there seemed to be no reason not to take her. And a cold is so common I couldn't afford to stay home with her every time she's sick. The most I did was take her to work with me one morning where she slept 3 hours because she wasn't sleeping well at daycare then I still took her to daycare for the afternoon. 
    Ladybug2821SandNStarsNJ
  • Thanks all. I'm going to go to work and let DH deal with the possibility of being called to go get him. He slept really well but still has this ridiculously pathetic cough. FX it all goes well. 
    Ladybug2821
  • good to hear @kristah2  so you get the needles at the public health nurse but that is completely separate from the Dr appointments and office, right? So no co-mingling of info or people? 
  • jsmaijsmai member
    @kristah2 If you make it to the 6 month needless might they recommend adding in a little bit of solids to boost caloric uptake? 

Also, boooo that you've got to deal with two conflicting sources of information.  Like we don't have enough of that going on in the back of our minds already?!?
  • @kvruns yes! So here we see his family doctor at birth, 6 weeks and 3 months only. they do not give needles. The public health nurse does needles at 2,4,6 and 12 months. 
    The nurses are sort of mean and don't really look at his whole overall health and just looks at the numbers. Hence why I decided to bring him to the family dr because he seems happy and healthy to me! 
    @jsmai they probably will suggest solids! Which is great because we will be starting at 6 months! I hate having conflicting information. I trust a doctor who looks at the big picture a lot more though so when I see the nurse again if she says anything I'm going to tell her he's already been seeing a doctor who has addressed his weight and leave it at that. 

It's so crazy that we always have such different information. Brings whole new meaning to having to follow your own mothers intuition 
  • @kristah2 for what it's worth my son just had his 4 month appt and he is 11 and a half pounds. My pediatrician said he is a slow gainer but is gaining enough and IS gaining and is also meeting his mile stones. He said I could add a bottle during the day or some rice cereal if it bothered me but he wasn't too concerned. Don't let those nurses bother you!
    kvruns
  • desoky01 said:
    I sometimes feel the pee urge when I jump/sneeze. Hoping I can figure out how to make things stronger down under too! 

H went back to work Sunday (he took all of his paid leave time - 18 weeks - because of his torn ACL and surgery recovery.) I didn't realize how much I'd miss him and how tough it would be. I also didn't anticipate how much I would miss LO since he's started falling asleep on his own. This milestone has been sad, I just want to wake LO up so I can snuggle him. 
    I think you are one of the only ones whose LO puts himself to sleep. I'm curious, does he put himself back to sleep after MOTN feedings?  Do you put him down at his actual bedtime or a few minute before that for him to fall asleep by his bedtime?
  • @ladybug2821 yes, for the most part he either nurses to sleep during motn and stays asleep when I lay him down, or I lay him down still slightly awake and he usually falls asleep on his own. Sometimes I have to go back in and help him reposition or put his pacifier back in, but for about two weeks now he's been sort of falling asleep on his own. For bedtime I try to get him started around 7. We do a diaper change, put on pajamas, nurse, read a book, and then lay him down and play 10 min of music on scout. (I got that idea from someone here, I can't remember who!) He basically picked the bedtime, because he would start falling apart at about 7 ever night and we slowly realized he was tired. I have no idea how he is able to put himself to sleep,we didn't do anything special. I almost feel guilty about it! So yeah, I start getting him ready for bed at a specific time. Sleep happens between 
    7:10 and 8 depending. 
    Ladybug2821hoosiermama-2SandNStarsNJ
  • @desoky01 I think the scout came from us! 
    Thats how we put M to sleep too. When he's good and tired we change his diaper and Jammie's and put him to bed with scout on for 10! 
    If he wakes up middle of the night he usually nurses to sleep and stays asleep when I lay him down. Otherwise he's so over tired he just keeps crying so it's better we nurse to sleep MOTN. 
    Ladybug2821desoky01
  • @desoky01 @kristah2 Thanks so much for the info!  I'm guessing I should know this but what is scout?
  • @Ladybug2821 it's an interactive teddy bear made by leapfrog. If you google "my pal scout" you'll see it! They also make a violet for girls! 
    It does 5,10 or 15 mins of bedtime music and lots of short fun songs using your baby's name and favourite things! M has loved his since he was 2 months! 
    Ladybug2821
  • I love Scout too - the songs get stuck in my head "me and my pal Benjamin. We're the best of friends"
  • Yes @kristah2 thank you! Ours is an old hand me down from my nephew (he never really used it) and we don't have the cord so it still says his name, lol! Maybe we'll have to invest in our own or find one with a cord so we can actually have it say the right stuff! So far we've only used it for bedtime music.
  • desoky01 said:
    Yes @kristah2 thank you! Ours is an old hand me down from my nephew (he never really used it) and we don't have the cord so it still says his name, lol! Maybe we'll have to invest in our own or find one with a cord so we can actually have it say the right stuff! So far we've only used it for bedtime music.
    If you had the login info for the account they created at setup could you change it that way?
  • @desoky01 ours is just (permenately)  located in the battery pouch! I don't know if you've changed the batteries yet but maybe open it up and see if it's in there! 
    @kvruns those songs! When DH says "I love you" I immediately respond with "MASON" because I'm just so used to hearing it all the time! 
  • Good advice, thanks you two! I'll have to investigate. 
  • @kristah2 but you always have to add in the pause so "I love you....Mason".  "I like to eat .....milk... it's my favorite food"
    kristah2
  • kvruns said:
     I like it when I can find good deals although it is addicting to keep looking
    This is me too! I am always looking at the FB sales pages and Varagesale. So many good deals.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• kvrunskvruns member
    edited March 2017
    m6agua said:
    kvruns said:
     I like it when I can find good deals although it is addicting to keep looking
    This is me too! I am always looking at the FB sales pages and Varagesale. So many good deals.
    Other than our swing which was purchased out of desperation, most of his "gear" (play mat, rock n play, jumper, bumbo) is all from fb. Poor kid is never going to get new stuff unless someone else buys is haha. I normally am not a garage sale/goodwill type shopper but this kid stuff is too expensive and gets used so little I just couldn't pay full price or even register for some of it.

Edi: my Boy sleeps in a pink/purple butterfly sleepsack I picked up a couple months ago because it was brand new and $5. Frugal mama 
    RhodaMorgensternhoosiermama-2
  • I really don't get people who won't buy things unless they're aimed at their child's gender. I assure you, your 4 month old girl will not remember that she wore blue pjs for a few months...
    Ladybug2821
  • I am eating lunch, pumping, and stomping my feet like a crazy woman because there are three mice running around my classroom. Why did I come back?!?
  • ewww @SandNStarsNJ that's not right

SandNStarsNJ
  • No it isn't and the police just came to arrest a student in class... so today is really shaping up.
  • Jeeeeeezus.
  • No it isn't and the police just came to arrest a student in class... so today is really shaping up.
    I don't miss those days. I taught for one year at a school for ED kids and decided it was time for a career change. 
  • @mrsmaryk2016 A school for solely ED? I can't imagine. All of our ED and BD kids were placed back into our district which can be kinda crazy. 

And the arrest was was because he was high and in possession of weed and paraphernalia apparently. Though he is also one of the students implicated in the sexual assault case I mentioned on here earlier this week. 

Again, why am I working?
  • I worked in a level four special ed setting (whole school was autism and EBD). It could get pretty wild! Stressful for sure. I commend you @SandNStarsNJ and @MrsMaryK2016.
    SandNStarsNJ
  • Yeah it was in Annapolis, they would send all the ED kids in the district to this one school. I was teaching 6-8 math and science and it was terrible. I had kids spit on me, throw chairs and desks at me and each other, threaten me, key my husband's truck... Goes on and on. One year of that making like $100 a day was enough to cure me of my lofty teaching goals. I got a pharmaceutical sales job making $50k base with a company car and never looked back! Of course that job sucked in its own way but at least I wasn't in danger everyday. 
    Ladybug2821