June 2017 Moms

Weekly Randoms 3/20

1235»

Re: Weekly Randoms 3/20

• Has anyone heard from @kassyfry? Am I just missing her posts? 
  • I think dd will only be taking baths on nights that dh is home to get her ready for bed from here out. It's getting too hard to lean over the side of the tub to wash her up. I'm ready to be done with that.
    I am right there with ya! I'm actually even finding it uncomfortable to even rock DD now. This is the second night in a row that it actually physically hurt my bump.
  • Loading the player...
  • @Mother0fDragons.... now that you say something, looks like she hasn't logged on for over a month.....
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @MotherofDragons I tried to PM her a few weeks ago but haven't heard anything back.  I hope she is doing alright.  
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14
                                                                  BFP #3 Nov 2014: D&C January 2015
                                                                  BFP #4 Sept 2016: Due May 31 2017

• Hope she's just been busy and is doing alright. 

@merrylea @FSUNole31
  • awillis13 said:
    I think dd will only be taking baths on nights that dh is home to get her ready for bed from here out. It's getting too hard to lean over the side of the tub to wash her up. I'm ready to be done with that.

*stuck in the box*
    bath time is soooo hard!  I also can no longer help students when they can't tie their shoes - bending over that far is just not happening from here on out.
    Yes bath time is awful! Is it bad i'm to convince my 2yo that showers aren't all that bad? haha.

Mom to Madison- 5 and Lillian 2....and now surprise baby #3!
  • I just had the most vivid dream that the baby was here, and I was devastated when I woke up to discover I'm still pregnant lolol
  • @krex-2 and @danijo-2 I just noticed that you both have -2 after your usernames as of today? I'm assuming that's not intentional? Weird! 
  • got my first "you're getting big" comment toady... gee thanks. 
  • DH works nights 4 days straight so DS gets 1-2 baths then... I have to day TV time limits have disappeared and so has eating at the table. So many bad habits, I am creating but my belly muscles just cannot take it.

Me: 34  DH: 35
    Married: July 2009
    BFP: November 2012 after 2 years of TTC     DS born August 2013
    Diagnosed with PCOS April 2016
    3 months of trigger shot with timed intercourse BFN x3
    First IUI: 9/17/16            BFP: 9/30/16              EDD: 6/11/17

• @krex-2 and @danijo-2 I just noticed that you both have -2 after your usernames as of today? I'm assuming that's not intentional? Weird! 
    Yeah, I have no idea where it came from...it wasn't on there a week ago.

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

• CapricaAndreaCapricaAndrea member
    edited March 2017
    Apologies in advance for the Dear Disry rant, but ugh, DH simply cannot understand what the problem is with throwing ourselves a baby shower. He keeps referring to it as an outdated "tradition" and simply won't listen to me.

At the very least, his mom and sister are hosting it so it's not exactly the same as throwing it ourselves, but it's been over a month since we gave them a list of people to invite (at their request) and so far some people have gotten a "save the date" via Facebook with the incorrect date on it, and some have gotten no information except for asking me directly if there's going to be a baby shower. 

DH has decided that I'm being ridiculous, and is going to step in himself to "delegate tasks" for people to do for this shower because he doesnt want it to be a "shitshow", and doesn't want our friends and family who are invited to be stressed about it "for no reason". 

I'm so done arguing about it, I told him he knows my position on it, that I'm not going to be involved with planning it at all, and that he can do whatever the hell he wants. 
  • So I know there are lots of teachers in this group.  I saw this on FB. Is this a reality for any of you?  Is there an organization nationally that assists teachers with food to keep in their classrooms that I can donate to?  Breaks my heart.  
  • @Wearmi1 to some extent yes. Most of my kids who eat orally qualify for the free lunch program. So breakfast and lunch is provide dinner at school. If you are looking to donate you may be able to find a weekend food/backpack program near you. My school has one this year which is a help for the families it serves. 
    DD 1- born January 22, 2014
    Due June 25 2017

• lovesclimbinglovesclimbing member
    edited March 2017
    MithK said:
    Anyone else being told that the LO isn't growing fast enough because you're not eating enough? All this time I was soaking in all the glory of comments like 'OMG you're so small for 29 weeks!'....but now after finding out that LO isn't growing as quickly as he should and that, that could have serious repercussions, it's got me really worried. I feel like I'm eating a whole lot because I perpetually feel full, but turns out that isn't the case. And god, I thought a situation where someone tells me to eat more would be a dream...but here we are....and now forcing myself to eat all the time is just making me feel physically uncomfortable all day and I think I might actually hate food a little. Pretty sure I'm gonna regret saying this is a problem when I'm trying to lose all the baby weight once LO comes out. 
    I know someone going through this. I don't know that she's being told it's because she's not eating enough, but her midwives did tell her not to go more than two hours during the day without eating and to eat high fat foods. She actually had to have another ultrasound to make sure the baby is doing ok because she's measuring so far behind. So far, the baby seems to be fine, just small. 

How the baby is lying can also affect how you're measuring, according to my midwives. 
  • @Wearmi1 It was true for me but it wasn't just because of kids having food scarcity at home. Some kids flat out refused to eat the school lunch (I worked for a school where 100% of kids qualified for free/reduced lunch) or refused to bring lunch and by 7th period would be absolute ragey little monsters and it was easier on me to give them an apple or granola bar. One year we had a breakfast in the classroom program to try and increase the number of kids eating breakfast and it was so nice to have a basket of leftovers (think dry cereal, muffins) that kids could eat from throughout the day. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @Wearmi1, not a teacher, but I have tons of teacher friends and this is an unfortunate reality for them.

Our school system does the backpack program for those kids who won't get a decent meal on the weekends and then our schools do a summer program where kids can come to school in the summer and just eat. It never occurred to me that some kids only get to eat at school, so when summer comes they lose out on the reliable meals. So awful. 
  • @Wearmi1. My school does free breakfast and lunch because 95% of our children are from low income families. I have snacks in my room but families send them in weekly (by choice) for our snack time. I teach third grade, so it is based more on age. I will say my cafeteria and myself get in fights A LOT. The cafeteria requires kids to get an entree, one side (fruit or veggie) and a milk. I require my class to get 2 sides and I check their plates to make sure they are eating most of it because I know most of them won't be getting a decent meal that evening. I also require them to eat their meal before they eat a treat (ice cream or chips) that they may buy. The cafeteria staff tells me you can't make them get 2 sides, they can buy and eat as many ice creams as they want, they can eat their ice cream first.   HA HA, no you're wrong. At least my parents appreciate it.
    My school also sends home bags of food with certain students. We get weekly donations from local churches.

Me: 34  DH: 35
    Married: July 2009
    BFP: November 2012 after 2 years of TTC     DS born August 2013
    Diagnosed with PCOS April 2016
    3 months of trigger shot with timed intercourse BFN x3
    First IUI: 9/17/16            BFP: 9/30/16              EDD: 6/11/17

• @Stankonia2014 Our city does the summer meals as well. They do it at schools and rec centers, sometimes churches. Basically anywhere kids might be able to get to over the summer to get a meal. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @Wearmi1 When I use to teach at a title 1 school I kept snacks to give to kids who might not have lunch. We also provided snacks in tutoring which was a great motivator! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Wearmi1 said:
    So I know there are lots of teachers in this group.  I saw this on FB. Is this a reality for any of you?  Is there an organization nationally that assists teachers with food to keep in their classrooms that I can donate to?  Breaks my heart.  
    My students all get free breakfast and lunch. We have gotten a grant or something to cover it all. we also have a program that sends food home over the weekend for some students. 
    Married my best friend May 24, 2008
    BFP #1 9/1/11, EDD 5/15/12, Missed M/C at 9w4d, discovered at 11w3d, D&C 11/2/11
    BFP #2 6/20/12, Baby Boy born 3/2/13
    BFP #3 October 2016, EDD 6/11/17
    Yeah, I have no clue how this happened. I want to know who #1 is now.
    Pregnancy Ticker