June 2017 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 3/20

Re: Weekly Randoms 3/20

• Options
    @Stankonia2014, how are you doing?
  • Options
    @Stankonia2014 hope you and your little guy are ok. Hopefully you are home and sleeping now. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Stankonia2014, are you alright girl? 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers  
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    BFP #1 9/1999. DD Born 6/7/2000
    BFP #2 10/2011. EDD 7/11/12. MMC discovered 11/2/11. D&C 11/4/11.
    DX PCOS 10/2012.
    BFP#3 1/11/13. DS Born 9/17/2013
    BFP#4 9/30/17. Grow baby grow! 
    ~Everyone Welcome~
  • Options
    @Stankonia2014 Hope all is well!
    Me 37, DH 40
    BFP #1 6/13 DD 3/14
    Mirena 10/14-5/16
    BFP #2 9/2/16, CP confirmed 9/8/16
    BFP #3 10/10/16 EDD 6/22/17
  • Options
    @Stankonia2014 hope you're ok!! Big hugs!

@MithK the thought is somewhat crossing my mind. I've been doing well so far growth-wise, but I'm still under my pre-pregnancy weight. I sometimes pig out but also sometimes feel that I don't have room. It's a tough one because if I eat too much I end up nauseous. But I do love my junk food and fast food and really feel like I'm not dropping my calories. I have an apt next week so we'll see. 
  • Options
    @tjvan SO tired of my maternity clothes already! I feel like I wear the same stuff all the time. I don't want to spend another $1 but I definitely do not have enough clothes for the spring/early summer. 

Me: 36;  DH: 38
    DD: 7; DS1: 4; DS2 due 6-21-17!
    **TW**
    MMC & D&C Aug 2016
  • Options
    @Stankonia2014 I hope all is well, please update us! xoxo

**TW**
    MMC & D&C Aug 2016
  • Options
    @MithK could you start choosing foods that are a little higher in fat or carbs (not diabetic assuming) ? Then you wouldn't have to necessarily eat more? I know it's hard with food diversions.

Or maybe more protien shakes, chocolate milk, regular milk? 

You might already have tried, just giving suggestions. 
  • Options
    mkrelmkrel member
    @Stankonia2014 Hoping all is well. Update when you can!
  • Options
    @Stankonia2014 I'm so glad to hear that you and LO are doing OK despite you being exhausted and having a crappy day (sorry... no pun intended!).  Take care of yourself today!  Drink lots of fluids and try to relax.  You're in my Ts&Ps!
  • Options
    Great to hear baby is doing well! And you are ok!! @Stankonia2014
  • Options
    XathXath member
    Glad everything is ok @Stankonia2014 Feel better soon!
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
  • Options
    Feel better soon @Stankonia2014 <3
  • Options
    @Stankonia2014 So glad to hear all is well!

**TW**
    MMC & D&C Aug 2016
  • Options
    @Stankonia2014 glad baby is ok and you are home resting! Feel better soon!
  • Options

@stankonia2014 so glad to hear you're both ok.  What a scary thing to have happen.  Did you get to see your little one while you were there?  I hope you're able to rest and relax and have your hubs cover down for you for a few days. 

@mithk maybe adding food volume isn't the way to go in your case.  Maybe just adding high fat caloric foods to your diet would be a better option.  Peanut butter, avocado, nuts, drizzle olive oil on things.  If you're drinking skim milk switch to 2% or full fat?  Whole milk greek yogurt?  I've also known people to drink milk shakes or ensure right before bed to pack on calories to gain weight. 

• Options
    @Stankonia2014 so glad to hear everything is ok with your LO!  Get some rest, and hopefully you can kick the bug soon!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Stankonia2014, phew, I'm glad everyone is ok. Rest! 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers  
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BFP #1 9/1999. DD Born 6/7/2000
    BFP #2 10/2011. EDD 7/11/12. MMC discovered 11/2/11. D&C 11/4/11.
    DX PCOS 10/2012.
    BFP#3 1/11/13. DS Born 9/17/2013
    BFP#4 9/30/17. Grow baby grow! 
    ~Everyone Welcome~
  • Options
    @Wearmi1, they did an u/s of my placenta, but the tech was very business and didn't really even look at baby. 

I appreciate all the well wishes! 

• Options
    shmarpler said:
    Baby has started moving violently lately.  The other day, I gave DH a hug, and baby kicked him. Hard. In the penis. It made him loose his breath, and I don't think he appreciated me laughing at him.
    Okay, I just literally LOLed at this.
  • Options
    @Stankonia2014 So glad to hear everything is Ok. Hope the bug passes soon!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @Stankonia2014 Great news, now rest up and get better.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Is it Thursday? Our board is so tame we don't even have an UO thread today? I've been at a play date all morning and fighting my 2yo to nap. I need some good reads!! I'll have to try and think of an UO! 
  • Options
    JessyKV said:
    Is it Thursday? Our board is so tame we don't even have an UO thread today? I've been at a play date all morning and fighting my 2yo to nap. I need some good reads!! I'll have to try and think of an UO! 
    I think the Easter Candy thread is just totally dominating the board right now  :D
  • Options
    JessyKV said:
    I think the Easter Candy thread is just totally dominating the board right now  :D
    I'm out of Reece's eggs so I've stopped opening the thread until I get more
  • Options
    Glad to hear all is well @Stankonia2014! I hope you're feeling better soon and baby behaves!
  • Options
    Any Canadian moms: ICYMI the government announced yesterday that maternity EI will soon be extended to 18 months. As a trade off, it would be a weekly payment of 33% of your income as opposed to 55%. They haven't said when this comes into effect, and I believe from the way it's worded that it's an option as to which one you choose, but interesting to be aware of nonetheless. 

Part of their reasoning is that after 18 mos daycare costs drop as spaces for toddlers are generally cheaper than infants. Additionally they are extending it so you can start maternity 12 weeks prior to birth (it was 8 weeks), and they are upping funding for daycares in an attempt to open more spots. 
  • Options
    HgPaHgPa member
    @CapricaAndrea That's awesome! Makes me sad to be American, though. 
  • Options
    swanbroonerswanbrooner member
    edited March 2017
    I received my free via insurance breast pump this week! I went through the website Byram. It only took about 3 minutes to order and got here about a week after. SO easy! 
  • Options
    @shmarpler. The baby has to establish who is in charge early.

@Stankonia2014 I am glad everything turned out okay.

@CapricaAndrea My parents live in Canada. I think they said you can choose 12 or 18. I really wasn't listening because either way I am pissed about what I have here in the good ol' states.

Me: 34  DH: 35
    Married: July 2009
    BFP: November 2012 after 2 years of TTC     DS born August 2013
    Diagnosed with PCOS April 2016
    3 months of trigger shot with timed intercourse BFN x3
    First IUI: 9/17/16            BFP: 9/30/16              EDD: 6/11/17

• Options
    CapricaAndreaCapricaAndrea member
    edited March 2017
    kahlan82 said:

@CapricaAndrea My parents live in Canada. I think they said you can choose 12 or 18. I really wasn't listening because either way I am pissed about what I have here in the good ol' states.
    Every media story has it worded slightly differently, and the official government page doesn't say anything about it yet so it's hard to figure out exact details yet. But one place actually says that it's the regular 55% for the first 12 months, and then if you choose the optional extra 6 months it drops down to 33% at that point, which is honestly the best version possible (sorry US ladies!) 
  • Options
    shmarpler said:
    Baby has started moving violently lately.  The other day, I gave DH a hug, and baby kicked him. Hard. In the penis. It made him loose his breath, and I don't think he appreciated me laughing at him.
    @shmarpler I sent a screen shot of your post to my DH and said "I hope this happens to you."

Damn snorer.
    LOL!
    Married 8/29/09
    MC: 9/14
    Goober #1 born: 8/17/15
    MC: 9/16
    Goober # 2 EDD: 6/27/17
  • Options
    I think dd will only be taking baths on nights that dh is home to get her ready for bed from here out. It's getting too hard to lean over the side of the tub to wash her up. I'm ready to be done with that.
  • Options
    I think dd will only be taking baths on nights that dh is home to get her ready for bed from here out. It's getting too hard to lean over the side of the tub to wash her up. I'm ready to be done with that.

*stuck in the box*
    bath time is soooo hard!  I also can no longer help students when they can't tie their shoes - bending over that far is just not happening from here on out.
    BabyFruit Ticker