May 2017 Moms
Options

Monday bitchfest

Re: Monday bitchfest

• Options
    @RedInLove @WombThereItIs
    +1 for organizing my groceries in my car and on the checkout line so that they go in the bag the "right" way. I actually prefer to bag my own stuff. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @nda_roxybabe My MIL is the same way. I showed her some new baby gadgets she thought a lot of it was unnecessary & useless or for lazy ppl. lol

23 y/o;
    First time mommy <3 [05/06/17]

90% of the way there :D

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I'm so glad I'm not the only Type-A that organizes groceries to essentially manipulate the bagger! Too bad it often doesn't work.... but MH makes fun of me for doing it. Of course he is the most Type-B (is type C a thing because he would be that) person and doesn't even think about organization if basically anything! 
  • Options
    @ShadeofGreen816 I need there to be a Type A- or something as I dont fall into A or B.
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    @starphish18 I prefer self-checkout! My regular grocery store doesn't have it though. 

@Jens_Hoes I spend so much time basically sorting everything again. Makes me wonder, if I just chuck it all up on the belt in random order, would they bag it correctly?

@nda_roxybabe I hate overloaded bags too. I bring a ton of reusable bags every time. If I spend over $100 and you use less than half my bags, you are wrong. 

@WombThereItIs Solidarity, my friend!!

photo May2014jpg photo MomTatWhiteNew40jpg

It’s not that I don’t like you, it’s that I don’t know you. Stranger Danger.
  • Options
    @CarmCeG That is ridiculous! Grown adults can be so damn petty.
    @Jens_Hoes That sucks about the motor and the cancelled flight. Is your family at least stuck there with you, or do they have flights going elsewhere?
    @nda_roxybabe I'm starting to get "whoa, about to pop!" comments as well. I don't mind my family and friends making comments (especially because they're starting to prepare me for the very real possibility that I'll deliver early...I'm tiny and this kid is probably going to run out of room), but from random strangers? Come on, folks!

I'm just over here waiting to see if I'm going to come down with the "stomach bug of DOOM" that I was possibly exposed to over the weekend. A friend of mine whose husband was out of town was violently ill and needed help with her toddler (and getting to urgent care, getting medicine, etc.). She thought it was food poisoning--and we're all still crossing our fingers that it was!--but she found out this morning that nobody else at work (where she thought she was exposed via a catered meeting on Friday) got sick, so...sigh. I guess I'm bitching about the uncertainty/waiting, combined with my phobia of vomiting and the likelihood that I would need to go to the hospital to keep hydrated (she couldn't keep anything down for 24 hours--it was ROUGH). We left their house around 9:30 PM on Saturday so tonight will mark 48 hours since the last exposure...hoping that H and I make it through! :#
  • Options
    +1 for anger issues over bagging. I'm a CSM at a grocery store....and I will walk around and re-bag groceries for customers as they are checking out. It drives me nuts the way some of my cashiers bag. 

I'm currently sitting in an ER waiting room because my headache exploded into an awful migraine. Some little kid sitting right next to me is blasting music on Grandpa's phone and dancing. Kill me now.
  • Options
    @L1C4gal Yea, family doesn't bug me. I had friend remind me "You have a tiny frame and you're growing a HUMAN. It's got to go somewhere"
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    @SparkySunDevil Love is for rebagging correctly! I hope you feel better!

• Options
    +1 for organizing my groceries in the bag a certain way! Part of the reason is when I get home I know which bags need to be put away first in the fridge/freezer so that if something comes up that I need to help either kid with, I can know that my cold food isn't going to spoil! 

@Kipperoo I totally get you on the no gifts from SILs but they expect them from you in return. DHs family has not bought a single thing for this LO. His mom never ever buys things for my kids unless it's their birthday, but she spoils my SILs kids rotten. One time my ILs were in town visiting us and my MIL bought new outfits for 3 of my nephews (there are 9 grandchildren total) when we were all out shopping IN FRONT OF ME. Like hellooooo! Way to pick favorites... 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • Options
    This kid just just stomped on my foot while dancing around, and then growled in my face (he's listening to a song called "these are the sounds that the animals make")
  • Options

@hp_momma that situation would make my blood boil. if it makes you feel a certain way, then imagine how it makes your little ones feel.. reminds me of my grandma and her favorites *rolls eyes*

23 y/o;
    First time mommy <3 [05/06/17]

90% of the way there :D

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    CarmCeG said:

@hp_momma that situation would make my blood boil. if it makes you feel a certain way, then imagine how it makes your little ones feel.. reminds me of my grandma and her favorites *rolls eyes*

Yes! My oldest niece is 10 and she already tells her mom "grandma buys more stuff for the twins". The rest of the grandkids are younger so I don't think they see it just yet, but I know they will start picking up on it soon. 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • Options
    @SparkySunDevil I feel like now is an appropriate time to stomp his foot, yank away the cell phone (possibly smashing to bits underfoot), and make a loud comment about how a child and parent/guardian should behave in public. Man, my mind sure can dream....
  • Options
    absbubbs said:
    @SparkySunDevil I feel like now is an appropriate time to stomp his foot, yank away the cell phone (possibly smashing to bits underfoot), and make a loud comment about how a child and parent/guardian should behave in public. Man, my mind sure can dream....
    One can certainly dream. I'm finally back in a room. Much quieter than it was
  • Options
    RedInLove said:
    WTF grocery store bagger guy. When I sort my cart by like items so that I can put them in the belt sorted, I expect they'll be bagged as such. 

Example #1. I bought 1 lemon, 1 lime, and 2 bananas, along with packaged precut fresh pineapple and watermelon. One bag? Nope. Spread over 5 bags. And the bananas were in 2 different bags!!

Example #2. A package of deli cheese, a bag of snack cheese, and a small container of dip. Three different bags.

Example #3. Two boxes of frozen fish, 2 bags of frozen foods, and 4 boxes of frozen meals. All spread out and intermixed with things like pasta, my bread, and something produce. 

Example #4. I had five canned items, plus a couple bottled items. Two different bags, intermixed with some meats and pantry. 

ALSO! Why you no use the two heavy duty woven bags for all the milk (3 half-gallon cartons, 1 gallon jug) and cream (half-gallon carton)? He split them up into my flimsy nylon bags and packed my good bags with lightweight items.  DUDE WTF?!?

Put the fridge stuff together. Put the frozen stuff together. Put the produce stuff together. Meats. Cans and bottles. Shelf-stable pantry packages. Softs and squishables. Chemical Industrial. That way we can drop bags where that stuff will go instead of having to unpack every bag in the counter looking for the perishables first. 
    OMG This!! It's my biggest pet peeve!
  • Options
    @NotAPlaya-JustCrushAlot omg I'd lose my ish!
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    @Kipperoo - I think that would agitate me, as well. Neither my sister or my sister in law (brother's wife) have asked me a single question about this pregnancy or any celebrations pertaining to it. Granted, I'm not having a shower, but the lack of interest all around is frustrating. Especially considering the ridiculous DEBACLE of showers my sister in law had for both my nephew and niece. I don't even want your damn gifts, but how about you acknowledge that I'm pregnant? That would be cool.
    Yes!! I think you nailed it--it's the lack of acknowledgement that's bothering me. And, as I mentioned, we live on the other side of the country, so who knows when they will see this baby. I was pulling together a "names and faces" book for the baby (as I did with my son), and none of them could even be bothered with sending me updated pics of their families, so I just had to pull them from Facebook. I know they are busy with their own families, but come on...
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Garbage plate?! I quickly googled and I think I want one.
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    Today's MBF goes out to my horrendous heartburn! I might just rip out my throat. If I thought puking would make it better I would do it. And that's something from me - I'm terribly afraid of puking. 
  • Options
    @L1C4gal yes we're all stranded together, I'm just super antsy to be home
  • Options
    acastl24acastl24 member
    edited March 2017
    hp_momma said:
    CarmCeG said:

Yes! My oldest niece is 10 and she already tells her mom "grandma buys more stuff for the twins". The rest of the grandkids are younger so I don't think they see it just yet, but I know they will start picking up on it soon. 
    Sorry, I'm a really dirty lurker, but I have this issue with my mom. My niece is 11, her dad also has 2 step kids, my LO is 1, and my other brother's daughter is 2 months old. For as long as we have been alive, my mom always tried to make every holiday equal. My brothers and I got the same number of presents with the same price range, and all the nieces and nephews got the same number of presents with the same price range. When my brother's two step kids came into the picture (they're 9 and 7) it started to change. My mom still bought equal amounts of gifts, but theirs were much cheaper. Then eventually, it became that they got like 1 $20-30 toy and that was it while the 11 year old was getting 10-12 gifts costing hundreds of dollars. Fast forward to this year, my 11 year old niece got 11 gifts, including a $150 Fitbit she's already lost, the step kids got 2 small and relatively cheap gifts each, and my LO for five gifts-- four were on clearance for less than $10 a piece, the fifth was an outfit I BOUGHT that she took out of my bag without my knowledge and wrapped up. Now, I don't care how much you spend for a holiday. My kid is happy with $1 pushcars. But to so blatantly play favorites makes my blood boil. There is no reason for her to treat the step kids or my LO like she does. Oh, and she threw a fit when I spent $5 on a small gift for my 2 month old niece so that her parents would have a gift "for her" that they could open on Christmas Day. She was pissed because "she isn't even here yet!!"  Well, no duh, Mother, but they did the same for me last year so I'm returning the favor... 

ugh, sorry to hijack the thread. Just saying I get it and I feel the same as you. 

• Options
    @SKZW is your favorite grocery store Wegmans? Because I moved away years ago and I still complain to DH about how much better Wegmans is than every other store.  :D

@nda_roxybabe you definitely want one! 
  • Options
    SKZW said:
    @RedInLove: My fav grocery store actually spends the time & effort to train their cashiers on how to properly pack up groceries. All of the employees take pride in doing a good job and you can tell that the entire front end works as a team and wants to do everything correctly, not just shuffle people through quickly. They always ask if you'd mind if they add unlike items to certain bags. It actually makes shopping there pleasant! And they never let a register aisle get to more than 3 people deep; they always open more registers.
    And its not a dream??!? This store would get all my grocery business!!!

• Options
    I definitely relate on the favoritism. My stepmom heavily favors her own kids, and my (step)brothers two kids more. We don't do Christmas together as a family, because they buy so much for my niece and nephew, and one gift for each of my girls (which is PLENTY for them. But don't spend 100's on the others, and $20 each on my girls). This last Christmas, they gave us this huge speech about how they couldn't afford Christmas gifts. That's cool, I get it. But they bought tons of crap for my brothers and niece/nephew, and we got a $25 gift card. (They bought one of my brothers an effing motorcycle). It's not about the gifts for me. I could care less. But my oldest noticed this last year.
  • Options
    First day of daylight savings so kids are exhausted as am I, my aide called out sick and we don't have subs, several kids came in hours late which disrupted class, one kid projectile vomited, I had promised a pizza party for kids who met their goal and had to scurry around to get it set up, and ended up working 13+ hrs because it's the end of the quarter, extra things are due, and there was no time/break during the day. Did 9,500 steps just at school and fitbit says I worked out for 2.5 hours.
    Thank goodness my coworkers were kind enough to check in on me for bathroom breaks. 
  • Options
    SKZWSKZW member
    @MoshiMoshi7;) you know it! Wegman's is the very best grocery store, hands down. When I moved a few states away, too, I asked some locals "where's the good grocery store?" and they're like "Giant?" and I was very sad walking into that place (and the 3 other chain stores). My long-ago non-pregnant self could not abide by smelly meat departments. Ugggh. Still can't.

@RedInLove: You're in NH, right? The closest Wegman's to you would be Burlington, Mass, and I know that's not even remotely close. But next time you're in the mood for a grocery store day-trip, I highly recommend checking it out! I'm a regular at the Northborough location and will provide guided tours if requested.  ;)
  • Options
    SKZW said:
    @MoshiMoshi7;) you know it! Wegman's is the very best grocery store, hands down. When I moved a few states away, too, I asked some locals "where's the good grocery store?" and they're like "Giant?" and I was very sad walking into that place (and the 3 other chain stores). My long-ago non-pregnant self could not abide by smelly meat departments. Ugggh. Still can't.

@RedInLove: You're in NH, right? The closest Wegman's to you would be Burlington, Mass, and I know that's not even remotely close. But next time you're in the mood for a grocery store day-trip, I highly recommend checking it out! I'm a regular at the Northborough location and will provide guided tours if requested.  ;)
    @SKZW I am in NH, actually on the MA border so Burlington isn't completely out of range for me. I probably wouldn't buy anything frozen, but it might make for a fun trip one day! I don't believe I've been in a Wegman's yet, either. 

• Options
    @SKZW ohhh how I miss Wegmans. When we lived in Philly we would go to NJ and go there. Best store ever! We would get lunch or dinner and then spend a long time grocery shopping. I miss that store so much. It was so clean, had so many food options and just amazing all together. I still use my Wegmans grocery bags and they make me sad that I can't actually go to the store. 
  • Options
    Can I continue my bitchfest into Tuesday? I hurt my ankle last week, but it wasn't too bad. Then on Sunday, I stepped wrong and pulled some tendons so I'm in a super- sexy boot. Then around 2 am, I woke up to a beastly charley horse in the other leg and couldn't go back to sleep. My calf feels like it's on fire still. I'm exhausted and don't want to go to work. Can I opt out of this day?!?!?

Married:09/14/13 
    Baby 1-Born: 7/29/15
    Baby 2 - Due: 5/4/17