May 2017 Moms

Monday bitchfest

WombThereItIsWombThereItIs member
edited March 2017 in May 2017 Moms

I can't be the only one needing this today!

May '17 labor memes

Re: Monday bitchfest

• Loading the player...
  • @RainyDays86 Another great (read: terrible) example of incompetency!! I'm sorry you have to deal with that.
  • Today is the first Monday after daylight savings and it snowed.... I don't think I'll survive teaching today. My first period students were fighting like siblings... After I put out one fire, another would be starting...
  • @Cubslove12 - I'm also in the Chicago area, and this snow is seriously bumming me out. I am so very ready for spring. Sigh.   
    Fur daughter: 02/2011
    Human sons: 11/2015 & 05/2017
    *formerly kayemjay*

• starphish18starphish18 member
    edited March 2017
    @CarmCeG Plus, the fact that she thinks just a baby shower ranks lower than a birthday? How many birthdays do you have in a lifetime.
  • @starphish18 right, that part really bothered me..

23 y/o;
    First time mommy <3 [05/06/17]

90% of the way there :D

Pregnancy Ticker

• @ShadeofGreen816 you see I'm not crazy lol

23 y/o;

Pregnancy Ticker

• @Jkp7749  I would be hurt about the lack of participation too.  However, and this is likely a UO, I'm always irked by requests for diapers.  When I threw a friend's shower last year, she demanded I include a diaper raffle because she was having twins and would need diapers.  It just rubbed my etiquette feelings the wrong way.  I mean, I'm not all about the etiquette.  My friends are throwing me a sprinkle for this 2nd kid (another UO). I just think diapers are so expensive and I wouldn't want to have anyone solicit me for gifts, let alone specific gifts.  If you're a friend or family member, I'll get you a gift regardless of how many kids you have and regardless of whether you have a shower.  So maybe there's some underlying feelings in your congregation that you aren't tapped in to?

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • @NotAPlaya-JustCrushAlot i felt funny about doing it that way too bc then its not even really a celebration, its just presents... But that is what they typically do and theyve been happy to do it for others so idk why it would all of a sudden bother them.
  • MoshiMoshi7MoshiMoshi7 member
    edited March 2017
    @CarmCeG that's ridiculous both that she ruined the surprise and that she expects other people to accommodate a 23 year old's birthday! Why would she think the shower would be moved just for her? Some people.

I would also like to add a bitch that I wish I was in upstate NY right now. One of my cousins posted abut a garbage plate and now that's aaaaall I can think about. Damn Colorado and their non garbage plate eating ways.
  • @CarmCeG honestly I don't know that I would want someone like that at my shower. She sounds like an AW and would end up being rude and awkward the whole time. I can't get over the fact that she did this over a 23 year olds birthday...

My bitch is that we just got a used van as a vehicle upgrade for me (set aside a good part of our return to do so) and 2 weeks after buying it it is in the shop getting $2200 worth of repairs. I really don't want to call the place we got it from and have this out over the phone... but DH has a busy week at work and so I have to try and play nice with them... why do people have to be jerks?!
    BabyName Ticker
  • kat81kat81 member
    My bitchfest -- Today is the first day of my spring break (I'm a professor). So, that's awesome. However, I rallied up until break, clearly, because hours after I finished up on Friday I developed symptoms of a cold and now I'm sick. I'm also completely not thrilled that it's supposed to be painfully cold all week. Why is March so much worse than February, which was practically summer?

Worse of all, there is supposed to be a massive snowstorm here tomorrow that will definitely cancel school for my two kids, possibly even for two days! I wanted to get to enjoy my break ALONE, and I really don't want to care for these kids while sick. On Thursday and Friday I won't have much free time because of course I booked things like my midwife checkup and 32 week ultrasound during this time, as well as some other meetings. Luckily I had the wherewithal to reschedule my pregnancy massage that was supposed to be tomorrow to Friday before they called me to say, "nevermind, we're closed!" So I'm still getting that massage!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @kat81 My MIL says that she was obviously being bitter for trying to ruin it for me. I mean who plans a daytime birthday party for a 23 year old ?? lol

23 y/o;

Pregnancy Ticker

• @ChristinaWild People truly suck sometimes.

23 y/o;

Pregnancy Ticker

• @RedInLove I so feel you! We put things on the belt in the order they go away at home so they can get bagged that way. Stop mixing crap up! I sometimes have to bag myself and it works just fine to bag them as they come across. Also, don't put 6 powerade bottles in 1 single bag. Hellllllooooo.
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry