November 2017 Moms
Options

Ultrasounds!

Re: Ultrasounds!

• Options
    @TallMomma29 so happy for you!!!!!
  • Options
    @TallMomma29 so awesome!!! Double congrats!! My LOs keep saying babies and I'm slightly terrified. I'm prepared for a 4th, not a 4th AND 5th. 
    Me: 30 DH: 34
    Married: 11/2013
     "Q" DS1: 3/2011
    "T" DS2: 10/2012
    "A" DD: 1/2014
    EDD #4: 11/26/2017
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BabyName Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks @darlabauer and @QTAMum3!!   And good luck @QTAMum3!!  

• Options
    @TallMomma29 weren't you mentioning in another forum about your bump looking larger? I remember because of your name, tallmomma.
  • Options
    @TallMomma29 this is awesome! And I'm already exhausted for you!! And I was nervous about having my big 4 and 2 under 2! 
  • Options
    @Carito8 yes!  The funny thing is I sent that pic to a friend and she made a joke about it being twins.  She was right!! :-o   I just thought maybe third time was the charm for extra bloat!  Haha

• Options
    @cmessamore I'm already exhausted from my 2, so 4 should be a greeeeaaaat!!!!  Haha   Luckily I was trained in epic sleep deprivation during my 7 year stint as a full time lawyer, so I hope that will help me power through the early weeks!  

• Options
    ss145ss145 member
    kaitlinliz Omigosh your baby looks like a little baby!!!! congrats!!:)
  • Options
    @ss145 haha the halo or cheerio looking thing is the sac ..Baby is the grain of rice under it. I thought the same thing until the nurse pointed it out. DH told me it looked like a little fish
  • Options
    @TallMomma29 OMG! So excited for you! Also a little terrified but you're going to rock it! 
    November 2017 July Summer Fails

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ahh! Congratulations everyone! Your little gummy bear babies are all so cute!
  • Options
    Anyone doing a 3D ultrasound? If so, when?
  • Options
    @buhundbae I'll have three by the time my first trimester is over but only because I had some pain and went to urgent care and they wanted to check up on it later. Loved getting to see baby early though :)
    @baby3forme I wanted one when I found out they existed but I've decided against it because they kind of scare me tbh. Idk why! It's a cute little baby!

• Options
    bklynchicabklynchica member
    edited April 2017
    @buhundbae
    My third is in two weeks and then the 12 week one after that, then one more a week later!
  • Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge @baby3forme I just wanted to share this link about 3D ultrasounds.  Like all of our prenatal decisions, they are very personal decisions and I am only sharing this as an FYI. I personally have no strong opinion either way. The FDA has also posted a consumer notice (which also discusses home dopplers if anyone is interested)

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/3-d-ultrasounds-cause-concern-for-obgyn-doctors-and-fda/

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @jess0211 that has solidified my decision to not, thanks! I have been wondering since at my u/s last week we didn't listen to the heartbeat while we were watching it because that would have been too much for the baby (that's what the tech said)

• Options
    I had a 3D ultrasound with my prior 2 but only bc DH wasn't able to make it to any of my other appointments and we wanted to find out the sex together.  I think I'm going to skip it this time around, especially since my OB said I'll be having extra ultrasounds this time around because I'm high risk.  

• Options
    @baby3forme we have the same EDD and the same appointment date! How exciting. 

Me: 28 <3 DH: 29

#1 DS: 11/24/2016

#2 EDD: 11/15/2017

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge can you elaborate on the tech saying "it would be too much for the baby?" 
  • Options
    @baby3forme we have the same EDD and the same appointment date! How exciting. 
    So far away.  :'(
  • Options
    I did 3-D ultrasounds with my youngest. I think at the 20 week scan. My OBGYN's ultrasound machine does both with the same wand, after they do they're 2-D stuff, they switch to a different screen and you can see the 3-D version. Im not very technologically advanced, so I don't know the mechanics of it. 
  • Options
    I did 3-D ultrasounds with my youngest. I think at the 20 week scan. My OBGYN's ultrasound machine does both with the same wand, after they do they're 2-D stuff, they switch to a different screen and you can see the 3-D version. Im not very technologically advanced, so I don't know the mechanics of it. 
    This is what they did at the A/S for my 2nd. I mean, it was fun because he's my baby and I wanted to see more of what he'd look like, but it's also creepy and weird looking. If given the choice, I'll do it again during the A/S, but I'm in general against extra ultrasounds, especially at boutique type places.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge can you elaborate on the tech saying "it would be too much for the baby?" 
    I asked if we would hear the baby and she said they didn't want to listen and watch at the same time because it was a lot for the baby. I didn't ask for further clarification, I was too excited about seeing the baby and that everything was ok. Sorry I don't have a better answer

• Options
    @kissthesky32 I think it looks creepy too!

• Options
    No, that's fine! I understand the excitement! Just wanted to ask before I had mine on the 13th. Thank you! 
  • Options
    @08-16-08jms if your tech says something like that and you remember to ask let me know! I guess I could also google it haha

• Options
    silvergreensilvergreen member
    edited April 2017
    Just had my first ultrasound on Monday (04/03) - I estimated myself to be around 7+3 but technician said 6+2!

I know my cycle, the dates DH and I were unprotected, and I was tracking my LH with the test strips. Their measurement would suggest that I conceived just 3 days before my BFP!

I have read a few forums where people experienced the same thing, then baby caught up in subsequent ultrasounds, some even measuring ahead. Any others with similar experiences? I'm a FTM, so I don't know what to think.

Here's my little bub:

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Hey! Someone in my last birth group had mono mono twins. It was crazy but awesome, and they turned out just fine! Let me know if you want her to reach out to you. I'm sure she'd love to talk about it.
  • Options
    Congratulations!!!!