May 2017 Moms

Re: FFFC 3.3

• Loading the player...
  • I judge people that pee in the shower. gross! 
  • bacorrea said:
    I judge people that pee in the shower. gross! 
    Agree. I snissed in the shower the other day and I was SO disgusted!!!! I stayed up late to scrub my shower and then bathed again. Ugh, gross
  • CarmCeGCarmCeG member
    edited March 2017
    @Hansolosparka My cousin's wife didn't know that the insurance covered a free pump, so I let her know the process. I heard from my aunt yesterday that she thinks I'm a smart ass and she doesn't want a cheap breast pump. I was pretty annoyed and hurt by the comment.

23 y/o;
    First time mommy <3 [05/06/17]

90% of the way there :D

Pregnancy Ticker

• @Yiggle09 No worries, I don't wear deodorant either! I sweat like any normal person, but I don't have bad BO.

23 y/o;
    First time mommy <3 [05/06/17]

90% of the way there :D

Pregnancy Ticker

• @CarmCeG I mean it's their money but sheesh. Kind of an old fashioned mentality that if it's free it must be cheap and crappy. At least we tried!!
  • My 1.5 year old still drinks a bottle of milk before bed..... I know I need to get rid of the bottles but he's just too cute when he says bottle please! Every night when I watch him drink it, I think about how he is too old. He drinks it down so fast and he palms it with one hand....
  • @lrwardrop my son is 1.5 as well and gets a morning bottle because he drinks it so fast. He just doesn't down it from the sippy so for the mornings and expedience I keep the bottles. The days I try to give the sippy he will drink it but then we have to take it with us on our way to daycare because he doesn't guzzle from the sippy like he does the bottle. 
  • Am I missing something about the pumps through insurance? Aren't they the same as if you were to buy it yourself except you're getting it either free or significantly discounted? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     "A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin
  • Jkp7749Jkp7749 member
    edited March 2017
    I love it when dd likes sweets. I know people normally try to keep young kids away from them... But she cant eat out bc if her food is cooked on the same surface as chicken then shed get sick (we tried once and it didnt go well) and she typically hates sweet tasting things so when i get her to eat a cookie, it makes me feel like shes not really missing out as much :)

Just thought of another... I havent read much in to pace feeding but based on my experience it seems silly. Dd was just shy of 9 lbs at birth and guzzled down 4 ozs shortly after (a few days or weeks idr) and eventually had huge bottles every 3 hours but without it she was sooooo upset. She still has a huge appetite but now at 19 months only weighs 25 lbs. Why would i limit her when she obviously needed the nutrition? A friend of mine never let her baby have more than 5 ozs at the time and i just cant imagine how dd would have been if id limited her so much.
  • Right! @Squirtgun I don't mean baby sign for kids who are delayed, deaf, etc. I mean parents who are using sign to help their kids communicate "more" "milk" etc that are perfectly capable of speaking. Maybe I just know a bunch of people that do baby sign improperly. 
  • We loved baby sign language.  We only used it for a few months because once DD started talking, she said/copied every word.  I could never "count" the number of words in her vocabulary.  At any rate, "milk" and "more" were super helpful for her to articulate what she was trying to say without as much frustration.

I've always been creeped out by Beauty and the Beast.  It never seemed right that she fell in love with her angry captor.  I'm not one to censor kids' programming, so DD knows and likes Belle but she is also creeped out by Beast and usually won't watch the movie.

I think the wonder weeks are horse shit.

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • The worst is parents whose children are deaf, but because they wear cochlear implants or hearing aids the parents refuse to teach them sign language. So when the Cochlear implant or hearing aid is removed or broken or lost the child has NO way to communicate. Infuriating. 
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Squirtgun said:
    My FFFC- I'm super pissed about the Beauty and the Beast oh my goodness there's a gay character thing.
    *sarcasm voice activated* 
    I mean, clearly it is entirely wholesome and realistic that it's totally fine for a girl to fall in love with a huge monster. Like, that's a totally rational and real love story that we should hope our daughters use as a perfect example of love in their lives. So, having a secondary character who is a man fall in love with another secondary character who is a man will clearly corrupt and distort the perfect and beautiful love story that is falling in love with a scary monster! 
    *sarcasm voice off* 

(so... My college roomie and I had vastly different views on many topics, and we were able to calmly and rationally discuss all of these issues. The only time we truly got into a fight was when I said that while I love Beauty and the beast, it is a seriously disturbing story. Haha. I am so excited for the new movie, and will definitely go see it... But still seriously disturbing storyline!) 
    Right, what gets me about the whole issue is that I thought it was quite obvious in the original as a child that he had a crush on Gaston. All I can do is laugh at all these parents that say they won't let their children watch the new version because of it, but will allow them to watch the cartoon. Sorry, but you've clearly never seen the movie then!
  • Isn't the only moment in it just his song to Gaston?
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • FFFC : I milk the whole being pregnant and creating life when it comes to my husband and doing meaningless activities, such as taking the dog out. Some days it works, some days it doesn't. 

I massive eye roll at any platitude (Just you wait, It gets better, Everything happens for a reason, etc( and often judge them for saying it. 
  • @nda_roxybabe I'm guessing that is when it'll happen in the reboot, but I always thought it was fairly obvious throughout the whole movie. I mean, come on, with all those girls falling down at Gaston's feet and he is too? Or the way he responds to be right there at his beck and call?
    Now I want to watch Beauty and the Beast.
  • I think the Beauty and the Beast thing is overblown for a different reason. Why are we so pumped there is another closeted gay character? That isn't really much progress. 

May '17 labor memes
  • bacorrea said:
    Oh also another one, I don't like baby sign language. I know that it can be very beneficial, however all of my friends that have gone that route never encourage their kids to actually speak! It drives me mad. I just think too many parents don't use it properly and it ends up being a crutch for a kid and then everyone freaks out about delayed speach, when really you just never talked to your kid.  :|
    DD is speech delayed, and it has nothing to do with me not talking to her because I talk to her all day yet she is still speech delayed. There is not necessarily a correlation between the two either, so that generalization or assumption is insulting.

So the handful of signs we used became a lifesaver. DD could finally tell me she wanted milk instead of water, or needed help, or was hungry instead of thirsty. 

photo May2014jpg photo MomTatWhiteNew40jpg

It’s not that I don’t like you, it’s that I don’t know you. Stranger Danger.