Infertility
Options

March IUI

Re: March IUI

• Options
    @Londonsmom so sorry about the death in the family. That's a lot to deal with! 

What cycle day are you on?
    *TW*
    me 36  |  him 42 | 
     married 5/2016
    ttc with TI June 2016 - Nov 2016 = BFN 
    Nov 2016 dx male infertility - intermittent azoospermia during intercourse & unexplained

•  Dec 2016 - IUI #1 | cd 30/10 dpiui: BFP | 8w4d: MC by D&C due to blighted ovum
    •  Mar 2017 - IUI #2, 100mg Clomid (cd 3-7) | BFN
    •  April 2017 - IUI #3, 100mg Clomid (cd 3-7) | BFN
    •  May 2017 - IUI #4, 100mg Clomid (cd 3-7) | BFN
    • June 2017 - IVF #1, 5 eggs retrieved, 4 fertilized, 2 high quality blasts chillin'. During retrieval, Dr. had to go through my uterus so we switched from fresh transfer to frozen. Giving my uterus a full cycle to heal.
    • August/September 2017 - Natural FET #1, transferred one day 5/6 embryo on Sept 3rd, Beta #1 171, Beta #2 402.6 | Saw heartbeat at 6 weeks, 3 days | BFP
    • April 2017 - Baby Boy Beckett was born. 
    • August 2019 - FET, transferred one day 5/6 embryo | BFP
    • December 2019 - Diagnosed with low AFI of 3.41 on 12/3, cause unknown. No tear in membranes, no issues with Baby Girl. On bedrest.
  • Options
    @Londonsmom so sorry to hear about a death in the family :-( fingers crossed the clomid does its job and you have an iui to look forward to later this month!! 

This snow is gonna be crazy - on the bright side I'm looking forward to a relaxing day in tomorrow!  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @cinnamonn - thinking of you, GL testing!!!
    ~Mom to an amazing Jan 2011 boy~
    ~EDD Nov 18, 2017 with my IUI success story~

[spoiler]
    BabyFruit Ticker[/spoiler]

• Options
    @Londonsmom - sorry re: the family loss. :( 

AFM - CD 26 here, and looking like I'm going to have a BFN. I had some spotting today, which usually means AF is about 4 days away. :( I guess those cramps, whatever they were, didn't end up taking...

I suppose, once I get the official BFN, I will go in for another baseline, because I might have a cyst. We're going to do one more IUI, and then we have to figure out next steps. I'm thinking we'll move on to IVF as soon as we can.

I don't want to get ahead of myself - I still want to give our last IUI a fair shot - but I also want to start researching our IVF options.
  • Options
    I'm sorry @Londonsmom for the death in the family. That's hard enough and then you add this + clomid and it just spells misery. :-/

Sorry @funkykey for AF like symptoms. Do you think you have a cyst because of cramping? When I had a cyst I didn't get my AF until it went away. 

I caved and took my first test today at 12 dpiui... It was in the afternoon and was a BFN. I still have two more days before they told me to test I was just so sure it'd be positive because i have symptoms I've never had before like super sore nipples and swollen glands next to my nipples. But my progesterone test at 8dpiui also came up hight (30) so maybe all my symptoms are hormonal? Any experience with a 12 dpiui BFN that actually turned around to a BFP or should I just read the writing on the wall? 
    TTC History in Spolier:
    Me: 32, DH: 33
    Diagnosis: Me: Unexplained. Him: 1% morphology pre-washed.
    IUI  - CANCELLED Jan IUI - 100 mg Clomid Days 3-7. Cancelled after Estrace stunted follicle growth. BFN 
    IUI #1 - Feb/March, 2017 IUI - IUI+7 days Clomid+HCG trigger shot. March 1st IUI. 3/15 BFN
    IUI # 2 - August, 2017 IUI -  7 days Clomid + HCG trigger shot. IUI on August 12. 8/26 BFN 
    *TW* November 1st, BFP. Ended in MC @ 6 w 3 days. 11/20/17. **Natural Cycle with Acupuncture & Chinese Herbs. 
    IUI #3 Feb 24 2018, IUI + 7 days Clomid + HCG Trigger Shot. Feb 24 IUI. 3/12 BFN
    *TW* 5/10/18 BFP/MC. Natural Cycle. 1st Beta 232, 2nd 850. No Fetal pole seen on U/S, 5/30/18. Medicated MC on 6/23. 
    IVF #1, Stims begin on August 17th. ER, 8/28/18. 32 Eggs Retrieved, 18 mature, 18 Fertilized. 12 Day 5. 6 Blasts Tested Normal with CCS. 
    FET 1, 11/6/19. 1 Embryo Transferred. NEG BETA 11/15
    FET 2, 1/29. 1 Embryo to Transfer. +HPT 2/5. Beta 2/7 = 137, 2nd HCG = 317. MC at 6w4d. No fetal pole seen on U/S

• Options
    @Manders85 - sorry re: the BFN. I dunno - I've not had any experience with a BFN turning into a BFP, but I hope someone has and that it happens to you :)

I am worried about cysts because at my pre-O ultrasound, one of my follicles was particularly big, so there's a chance it was actually a cyst.
  • Options
    Thank you @funkykey - trying to stay positive and don't want to lose any momentum (if there is such a thing). @seethosestars 2 follicles is great! I started surging on my own for my iui last month and they still had me trigger and come in the next day for the iui. Good luck!!!
  • Options
    @funkykey and @manders85, stay positive it aint over until AF shows.
    @Londonsmom, sorry to hear about the loss in your family.  
  • Options
    Quick update- I'm officially out this month. AF is here 11dpo- she's actually early. But I guess better that than late? A 34 day cycle or something would be awful. 

I had a bit of a pity party earlier. I'm worried we're going to have to do IVF, which is OOP for us, and I'm angry about it- how expensive it is,  how little help there is. I'm also stressed about coming up with the money. We can swing it if we have to, but I'm super disappointed - it's so much and it means I might have to give up on some other things I've been dreaming about/working towards... I feel like I've given up so much already! 

Anyway, blah. IF sucks. CD 1 after an IUI sucks.
     :(

• Options
    So sorry about CD1@funkykey. I'm also cd1 and we'll be looking at IVF after two more cycles and you're right that it's so overwhelming.  But hopefully neither of us even need it and these next IUIs work for us!
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    BFP 2/4/15, MC twin boys at 18w3d 5/15
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• Options
    @londonsmom uncertainty is the worst. I'm crossing my fingers for you, sending you all of the good thoughts! Good luck! Stay warm!
  • Options
    Thank you guys!!! Means so much! Enjoying this day working from home with hot coco.-) 
    **Child mentioned**
    Me: 34 DH: 33
    Unexplained infertility

Married 11/12
    TTC 4/13
    IUI # 1 5/13 BFN
    IUI # 2 6/13 BFP
    DD born on 2/14

TTC 11/16
    IUI #1 1/17 BFN
    IUI #2 2/17.BFN
    IUI #3 3/17....
  • Options
    @funkykey I am so sorry! We are OOP as well for everything. My RE says sometimes they have donated medication to help with the cost of OOP patients and she also mentioned they run ivf trials occasionally that help reduce the cost significantly if you qualify. My office has one now for IVF but my BMI is too high for it. The study only goes up to age 37- and I turn 38 in August- and that's not enough time to lower my BMI.
  • Options
    @funkykey Im so sorry! IVF is OOP for us as well and what I hate is, there is no guarantee. My RE suggested I do up to 6 cycles of IUI. Here is hoping neither of us need IVF. My RE told me I wasn't being hopeful :-( So I need more positive thinking. Some nerve

@JaeJayStark Im on IUI #3. 
    **Child mentioned**
    Me: 34 DH: 33
    Unexplained infertility

Married 11/12
    TTC 4/13
    IUI # 1 5/13 BFN
    IUI # 2 6/13 BFP
    DD born on 2/14

TTC 11/16
    IUI #1 1/17 BFN
    IUI #2 2/17.BFN
    IUI #3 3/17....
  • Options
    funkykey so sorry!  That sucks!  
    Me: PCOS   DH: No issues

August '16-January '17: Clomid + HCG + IUI/TI = BFN
    February/March '17: Menopur + HCG + IUI = BFN
    April '17: Menopur + HCG + TI (due to too many mature follicles) = BFN
    May '17: Took off due to cysts
    June' 17: Menopur + HCG + IUI = Cancelled due to 8+ mature follicles
    November '17: Clomid + HCG + IUI= BFN
    December '17: Menopur + HCG + TI= BFP!!!! Due August 2018

• Options
    funkykeyfunkykey member
    edited March 2017
    @Londonsmom - That is some nerve! You must be a good mom! If you didn't smack him across the face, you have superhuman patience :)

Thanks for all the well-wishes, ladies. 
  • Options
    @funkykey I'm sorry to hear about AF. Everything except the ultrasounds are OOP for us with IUI and IVF would be OOP also. I hear you about how stressful it makes things!!
  • Options
    I'm feeling so discouraged today!  I hate this infertility journey so much!  My bbt is lower this month and I don't know why.  I'm assuming it's because I'm not pregnant.  I'm on progesterone, so I don't think it's low progesterone causing the low bbt. ugh!
    Me: PCOS   DH: No issues

August '16-January '17: Clomid + HCG + IUI/TI = BFN
    February/March '17: Menopur + HCG + IUI = BFN
    April '17: Menopur + HCG + TI (due to too many mature follicles) = BFN
    May '17: Took off due to cysts
    June' 17: Menopur + HCG + IUI = Cancelled due to 8+ mature follicles
    November '17: Clomid + HCG + IUI= BFN
    December '17: Menopur + HCG + TI= BFP!!!! Due August 2018

• Options
    Hi everyone! I've been MIA for a few days and had so much to read about.

@funkykey that sucks! So sorry to hear that but it sounds like you are charging ahead. Nobody understands that like we all do.

@funnygirl34 there sure are ups and downs on this annoying and unfair journey. Lots of things can effect bbt so I wouldn't count it out. 

@landonsmom sorry about the death in the family! Hope you are taking it easy. 

@manders85 I would say, wait to test again. Seeing a BFN is insanely frustrating but on that day, you might not be able to detect HCG. 

@thothscribe81 how's the snow?? How are you feeling?? Relaxing after the IUI I hope. 

As as for me: first of all I hate using this app on my phone. Sorry for misspelled words. We closed on a house yesterday! I went for my ultrasound this morning and it was super annoying. I have 2 13mm follicles. It's CD12 so super small. It might be CD11 though because AF came on the 3rd but it was spotting. I was so mad to see her that I might have jumped the gun. Whatever. So I have to go back Friday. Of course I have to work so that isn't great. They said to call if I detect a surge. The good news is there are 2. Bad news is, they are small. 

The RE office appeared to be training for new staff day. The receptionist was new, ultrasound tech was being trained and the nurse was short with me. The tech made it seem like I had no follicles and was like "oh when there are so many small ones, what do I do?" Um, you don't say that to a 35 year old with PCOS that is pumped full of hormones. Anyway! Hope you east coasters are doing well with the snow. 

• Me: 36 DH: 33
    • TTC since June 2016
    • Me: PCOS DH: Morphology 1%
    • 3 TI with Famera and trigger shots-BFN
    • 3 IUI's with Famera and trigger shots- BFN
    • IVF August 2017 25 eggs retrieved, 19 mature, 13 fertilized (ICSI), 5 frozen, 3 PGS normal 
    • FET November 2017 Transferred one 6 day blast (a little GIRL) BFP EDD 8/4/18

• Options
    @funkykey sorry to hear about AF, especially an early AF =(
    @Knottie1456269879 hopefully those two will step it up and grow already!

Had my first IUI this morning.  The nurse had some difficulty passing through my cervix so that part was unpleasant.  I also got oddly emotional and made my DH think I was in pain because I was crying a bit (he's so sweet).  I wasn't expecting the sample to look so pink!  Anyways, now we wait!!  My beta isn't scheduled until March 30 and I know for sure I'm going to get my period well before that if I don't get KU! 

Question: I asked my RE about progesterone and he agreed to give me a script. Now that I've been reading about it though it seems like lots of people find it makes them tired.  I have a HUGE work thing next week that's super important and I need to be mentally sharp.  Have any of you taken progesterone suppositories and felt tired?  How tired is tired?  I'm debating not using them this cycle just in case (I feel like my RE only gave the script to me because I asked).

Married since 2011

TTC since Oct 2014
    DOR + MFI
    3 failed IUIs; IVF August 2017
    FET January 2018 - BFP
  • Options
    @seethosestars I have taken the progesterone suppositories and am completely wiped out when I take them. I don't feel like doing much at all! I could go to work, which is from home, and watch tv all evening and not have a problem getting to sleep. That's just me though. 
  • Options
    @funkykey Sorry about AF. That's so frustrating!

@Knottie1456269879 When I went in for my FD US on Cycle day 12, I had a 12mm and a 14mm. Today I am good to go. I am hoping you have big follies soon!

@seethosestars I'm sorry your iui wasn't very comfortable. FX for you!

I had my second FD US today for CD 16. On CD 12, I had a 12mm and a 14mm but we could only see my left ovary. Today (CD 16) I had 18.5mm and 20.5mm in the left and we finally saw the right ovary which has a 19.5mm. So I have 3 dominant follicles. I triggered at the office and will have my iui tomorrow. 

*TW*
    me 36  |  him 42 | 
     married 5/2016
    Nov 2016 dx male infertility - intermittent azoospermia during intercourse & unexplained

•  Dec 2016 - IUI #1 | cd 30/10 dpiui: BFP | 8w4d: MC by D&C due to blighted ovum
    • June 2017 - IVF #1, 5 eggs retrieved, 4 fertilized, 2 high quality blasts chillin'. During retrieval, Dr. had to go through my uterus so we switched from fresh transfer to frozen. Giving my uterus a full cycle to heal.
    • August/September 2017 - Natural FET #1, transferred one day 5/6 embryo on Sept 3rd, Beta #1 171, Beta #2 402.6 | Saw heartbeat at 6 weeks, 3 days | BFP
    • December 2019 - Diagnosed with low AFI of 3.41 on 12/3, cause unknown. No tear in membranes, no issues with Baby Girl. On bedrest.
  • Options
    @funkykey So sorry about the early AF!  We are OOP as well and it totally sucks - I wish more insurance covered IF.  Fingers crossed you guys are able to work it out.  I know there are a few companies that do financing/grant type for IVF - maybe one of those would help?  Its so frustrating when you have things like wanting to buy a home or other expenses you've been saving for.  Treat yourself to something nice this week like a girls night out or something and try and forget about it for a day - the worry will be there after 24 hours, let your body heal a bit from the craziness!!!

@seethosestars congrats on the first iui!  Get some rest and take a deep breath - its just the tww now!  I haven't taken progesterone yet so I'm not sure how it makes you feel.  At my office they have you come in a week after iui to check progesterone and if its low they will put me on it.  I had my appendix out the day I was supposed to go in for my progesterone level last iui so never made it that far!  Curious as to others experiences just in case they put me on it!

@Knottie1456269879 keep thinking positive thoughts!  I only had a 12mm on CD12 and by CD16 I was ready to trigger so its definitely possible!  Keep us updated!  Also try protein - I started supplementing with a protein shake this month and I think it helped my follicle grow!

@JaeJayStark Congrats on the trigger!!! Excited for your iui tomorrow!  Fingers crossed it all goes well!!

Had my IUI yesterday afternoon - bit of cramping (i jumped on the table lol) but it wasn't to bad.  Rested last night and then I'm pretty sure I ovulated last night because I woke up in the middle of the night with some major cramping and pain in my right side, which went away by morning.  Luckily its a snow day today so got to sleep in and rest (DF is taking care of the shoveling!).  We are planning on having sex later this afternoon just to cover all our bases and then we wait!  I think this week won't be a problem - next week I'll be chomping at the bit to test!  I made a deal with DF that I wouldn't test before my scheduled blood test though.  He made a good point that the test could come up negative even if I am pregnant and that will bring my spirits down which isn't good for the pregnancy.  So no hpt for me, just gonna wait till my blood test on the 27th!
  • Options
    Good call, @thothscribe81 on waiting to test until the RE suggested. Testing early yesterday at 12 dpiui was a major bummer and I've been so negative the last 24 hours thinking it's over when I won't really know until AF or a positive test at at least 14 dpiui. 
    TTC History in Spolier:
    IUI  - CANCELLED Jan IUI - 100 mg Clomid Days 3-7. Cancelled after Estrace stunted follicle growth. BFN 
    IUI #1 - Feb/March, 2017 IUI - IUI+7 days Clomid+HCG trigger shot. March 1st IUI. 3/15 BFN
    IUI # 2 - August, 2017 IUI -  7 days Clomid + HCG trigger shot. IUI on August 12. 8/26 BFN 
    *TW* November 1st, BFP. Ended in MC @ 6 w 3 days. 11/20/17. **Natural Cycle with Acupuncture & Chinese Herbs. 
    IUI #3 Feb 24 2018, IUI + 7 days Clomid + HCG Trigger Shot. Feb 24 IUI. 3/12 BFN
    *TW* 5/10/18 BFP/MC. Natural Cycle. 1st Beta 232, 2nd 850. No Fetal pole seen on U/S, 5/30/18. Medicated MC on 6/23. 
    IVF #1, Stims begin on August 17th. ER, 8/28/18. 32 Eggs Retrieved, 18 mature, 18 Fertilized. 12 Day 5. 6 Blasts Tested Normal with CCS. 
    FET 2, 1/29. 1 Embryo to Transfer. +HPT 2/5. Beta 2/7 = 137, 2nd HCG = 317. MC at 6w4d. No fetal pole seen on U/S

• Options
    Hi All - here we go, updated:

xo & big hugs for everyone - looks like we'll start to get lots of results next week!

Thinking of you today @Cinnamonn. FX!

• Options
    Another quick update - I might be back in.

Because AF came so early, I might be able to squeeze in another IUI around March 27. For those around in February, this is actually the opposite of what happened to me in Feb - where AF was so late, I couldn't do an IUI in Feb at all.

Baseline U/S tomorrow to see if I have any cysts.
  • Options
    @Cinnamonn Thinking of you as well! I hope you get lovely results!
    *TW*
    me 36  |  him 42 | 
     married 5/2016

• Options
    Hi there, I'm new to this board and was wondering if I could join? I'm scheduled for my second IUI this month after a failed one last month. I go in on the 19th for an US to check follicle size and then probably IUI on the the 20th or 21st. My fiancé and I have been struggling with IF for a little over 2 years. I'm really happy I found this board since I don't know anyone else going through this. 
  • Options
    Welcome @Sonebone! This is a great support group!
    *TW*
    me 36  |  him 42 | 
     married 5/2016

• Options
    welcome @sonebone IF sucks a whole lot but welcome.  We are close to the same. My US is on the 17th and if these little 13 mm's grow big and strong, our IUI will be the 19th or 20th. 

@funkykey you are so sweet to do the table of all our IUI's.  I'm so glad you have another chance for this month.  You have such a great attitude. Welcome back in the game :) See, it's two this month because you got the shaft last month. 

@thothscribe81 and @JaeJayStark you guys are so encouraging! I'm going to have protein and hope they grow! Is it possible for one to grow and not the other one? This is the first time I've had more than one. I was crying on the table at the ultrasound because the follicles looked so small.  And they were training this woman and she kept making comments about how many follicles I have. It was the first time going to the RE that I really felt like they don't understand.  I get it at the OB with a million pictures everywhere but not the RE. 
    • Me: 36 DH: 33
    • TTC since June 2016
    • Me: PCOS DH: Morphology 1%
    • 3 TI with Famera and trigger shots-BFN
    • 3 IUI's with Famera and trigger shots- BFN
    • IVF August 2017 25 eggs retrieved, 19 mature, 13 fertilized (ICSI), 5 frozen, 3 PGS normal 
    • FET November 2017 Transferred one 6 day blast (a little GIRL) BFP EDD 8/4/18

• Options
    @funkykey Sorry about AF, hoping tomorrow goes well and you can jump right back in with another IUI.

Welcome @sonebone, I discovered this board a few weeks ago and it has been so helpful to get information from others on this IF journey plus all the support. good luck!

@JaeJayStark Good luck tomorrow!

@Knottie1456269879 hopefully they will grow over next few days.

@seethosestars I am on progesterone supp right now but my RE never tested my levels this month nor last, i think it is protocol for them to prescribe them at the clinic.  Last month I only inserted 1 due to miscommunication from nurses and I felt okay on them, I was inserting them at night and had no issue with waking up in the morning. This month I am inserting 2 a day but haven't felt tired just lot of cramping and back pain (however clinic said it shouldn't cause back pain.

As for me, first few days have gone by fast. I went to the chiropractor yesterday and it has helped a great deal but I am not even sure if it is okay to go during this 2ww however it was the last resort due to the pain.

• Options
    @funkykey thanks for updating the chart- it is my second iui. Have monitoring u/s and bloodwork Friday to see if any follicles are growing and growing on the left side since right side is blocked!
  • Options
    BFN at 14 dpiui. No AF yet but feeling super down. I think that's it for me this cycle. 
    TTC History in Spolier:

• Options
    Cinnamonn Cinnamonn member
    edited March 2017
    @funkykey I'm so sorry, I know how you feel.

Tested yesterday- BFN. I cried my eyes out. My hopes are crushed.  I'm taking a month off possibly and then moving to IVF, which is also OOP. If I knew how to stay strong I would have shared with you. But I must say, it is good we still have options, it's not dead end. Big hug to you! 
    Me: 30 DH: 38
    TTC since Fall 2015
    Unexplained
    1st IUI - Dec 31 2016 - BFN
    2nd IUI - Jan 28 2017 - BFN
    3rd IUI - Mar 2017 - BFN
    IVF - May
    1st FET - Jun 2017 -Cancelled 
    2nd FET - Aug 31 2017-Transferred 2 Sprinkles  
    BFP with one bean!
    <3

• Options
    @Cinnamonn I'm so sorry for your bfn!!  Take some time for yourself to let your emotions flow.  I know it sucks to hear that you still have options when all you want is that bfp.  We will probably be taking a month off after this cycle if we don't get pregnant too - mainly because we are OOP as well and its just so expensive even for the IUI, we need to start planning if we want to do IVF.  Ugh.  *hugs*  I hope the disappointment won't last to long and you can look towards the future options!
  • Options
    @Manders85 So sorry for your bfn - that really sucks. *hugs* Will you be doing another medicated cycle? Keep looking towards the future after giving yourself some time to be upset.  
  • Options
    @Sonebone welcome  to the group!  it sucks to have to be here but I've found so much support just in the short time I've been on these boards!  It's made the last week or so much easier to deal with!  Good luck on your US this weekend!
  • Options
    @Cinnamonn@Manders85 Sorry ladies, big hugs!
  • Options
    @Sonebone - welcome!
    @Manders85 - sorry for the BFN, ugh!
    @Cinnamonn- sorry for your BFN too. Hang in there! F*ck that "staying strong" business - I'm happy just when I can get through the day, tears and all! 

AFM: my baseline u/s this morning was not good - I have 2 cysts, so I'm benched. We're hoping they resolve on their own this cycle. No 2nd IUI for me this month. But: I am going to do some (minor) retail therapy instead, so that's something.

Here's the updated chart:

Really hoping we will get our first BFP of the thread soon!

• Options
    So sorry @Manders85 and @Cinnamonn ! Big hugs to you both. 

DH did his collection. Now I'm just waiting for my iui in an hour. All this hurry up and wait is tough.

@Knottie1456269879 (you need change tof change your username. Sign in to the knot.com) it's possible that not all 3 grow but it seems they both would. For mine above 12mm they all got bigger.
    *TW*
    me 36  |  him 42 | 
     married 5/2016