Infertility
Options

March IUI

Re: March IUI

• Options
    Good luck, @PeaGreen421. Friday is just around the corner and then you'll know! I hit the 1 week mark tomorrow and it's all consuming! Baby dust and FX to you for Friday's beta. 
    TTC History in Spolier:
    Me: 32, DH: 33
    Diagnosis: Me: Unexplained. Him: 1% morphology pre-washed.
    IUI  - CANCELLED Jan IUI - 100 mg Clomid Days 3-7. Cancelled after Estrace stunted follicle growth. BFN 
    IUI #1 - Feb/March, 2017 IUI - IUI+7 days Clomid+HCG trigger shot. March 1st IUI. 3/15 BFN
    IUI # 2 - August, 2017 IUI -  7 days Clomid + HCG trigger shot. IUI on August 12. 8/26 BFN 
    *TW* November 1st, BFP. Ended in MC @ 6 w 3 days. 11/20/17. **Natural Cycle with Acupuncture & Chinese Herbs. 
    IUI #3 Feb 24 2018, IUI + 7 days Clomid + HCG Trigger Shot. Feb 24 IUI. 3/12 BFN
    *TW* 5/10/18 BFP/MC. Natural Cycle. 1st Beta 232, 2nd 850. No Fetal pole seen on U/S, 5/30/18. Medicated MC on 6/23. 
    IVF #1, Stims begin on August 17th. ER, 8/28/18. 32 Eggs Retrieved, 18 mature, 18 Fertilized. 12 Day 5. 6 Blasts Tested Normal with CCS. 
    FET 1, 11/6/19. 1 Embryo Transferred. NEG BETA 11/15
    FET 2, 1/29. 1 Embryo to Transfer. +HPT 2/5. Beta 2/7 = 137, 2nd HCG = 317. MC at 6w4d. No fetal pole seen on U/S

• Options
    @manders85  thank you!! It feels like it's taking forever. Fx for you and hope the next week goes by faster! 
    Me (26) + DH (29)
    One ovary, one tube. Annovulation. 
    Low sperm count. 
    Clomid+trigger+IUI (2million/83% motility) = 02.24.17 = ??
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hey ladies! Im here! Hate to be here but happy to have your support. Im depressed. Aunt Flow came last night. I just dont know what to do. I have three large follicles, perfect lining, 67 mil count with 57% mobility and still I have a BFN. I think this is my last IUI before IVF.

IUI number: #3

Date of planned IUI: I dont know yet

Testing: Not sure

What was your first thought when you woke up this morning? F$ck! 

Best compliment you have received? You are the most selfless person I know.

If you could only have one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be? Fries and Cake, Sweet and Salty

What country do you dream of visiting?  United Arab Emirates

**Child mentioned**
    Me: 34 DH: 33
    Unexplained infertility

Married 11/12
    TTC 4/13
    IUI # 1 5/13 BFN
    IUI # 2 6/13 BFP
    DD born on 2/14

TTC 11/16
    IUI #1 1/17 BFN
    IUI #2 2/17.BFN
    IUI #3 3/17....
  • Options
    Londonsmom Sorry to hear about AF, hoping 3rd luck's the charm for you.
  • Options
    @Londonsmom - I'm so sorry about the BFN. Ugh. I hear you though. My DH has amazing numbers, and I have great numbers, and still no BFP. Grr. It's so frustrating, and so expensive, and it sucks so much.

Good luck with these next few days - test day with BFN and CD1-2 are the WORST. 
  • Options
    Thank you ladies! I cant imagine being alone on this journey! @lmajin99 @funkykey
    **Child mentioned**
    Unexplained infertility

Married 11/12
    TTC 4/13
    IUI # 1 5/13 BFN
    IUI # 2 6/13 BFP
    DD born on 2/14

TTC 11/16
    IUI #1 1/17 BFN
    IUI #2 2/17.BFN
    IUI #3 3/17....
  • Options
    IUI is done!  Slight cramping, but nothing too bad!  And now I wait! 
    Me: PCOS   DH: No issues

August '16-January '17: Clomid + HCG + IUI/TI = BFN
    February/March '17: Menopur + HCG + IUI = BFN
    April '17: Menopur + HCG + TI (due to too many mature follicles) = BFN
    May '17: Took off due to cysts
    June' 17: Menopur + HCG + IUI = Cancelled due to 8+ mature follicles
    November '17: Clomid + HCG + IUI= BFN
    December '17: Menopur + HCG + TI= BFP!!!! Due August 2018

• Options
    Im so sorry, @Londonsmom. So disappointing. Here's to lucky #3. :-/
    TTC History in Spolier:
    IUI  - CANCELLED Jan IUI - 100 mg Clomid Days 3-7. Cancelled after Estrace stunted follicle growth. BFN 
    IUI #1 - Feb/March, 2017 IUI - IUI+7 days Clomid+HCG trigger shot. March 1st IUI. 3/15 BFN
    IUI # 2 - August, 2017 IUI -  7 days Clomid + HCG trigger shot. IUI on August 12. 8/26 BFN 
    *TW* November 1st, BFP. Ended in MC @ 6 w 3 days. 11/20/17. **Natural Cycle with Acupuncture & Chinese Herbs. 
    IUI #3 Feb 24 2018, IUI + 7 days Clomid + HCG Trigger Shot. Feb 24 IUI. 3/12 BFN
    *TW* 5/10/18 BFP/MC. Natural Cycle. 1st Beta 232, 2nd 850. No Fetal pole seen on U/S, 5/30/18. Medicated MC on 6/23. 
    IVF #1, Stims begin on August 17th. ER, 8/28/18. 32 Eggs Retrieved, 18 mature, 18 Fertilized. 12 Day 5. 6 Blasts Tested Normal with CCS. 
    FET 2, 1/29. 1 Embryo to Transfer. +HPT 2/5. Beta 2/7 = 137, 2nd HCG = 317. MC at 6w4d. No fetal pole seen on U/S

• Options
    @Funnygirl34 so glad it went well and wasn't painful!! Now for the 2ww... :) 
    • Me: 36 DH: 33
    • TTC since June 2016
    • Me: PCOS DH: Morphology 1%
    • 3 TI with Famera and trigger shots-BFN
    • 3 IUI's with Famera and trigger shots- BFN
    • IVF August 2017 25 eggs retrieved, 19 mature, 13 fertilized (ICSI), 5 frozen, 3 PGS normal 
    • FET November 2017 Transferred one 6 day blast (a little GIRL) BFP EDD 8/4/18

• Options
    @Funnygirl34 good luck to you! Fx!

As for me, just finished iui #3. Not sure about DH's numbers...dr said it was fine but comparing to both of my others, doesn't look as good. Beta will be March 23
  • Options
    Hi all - new to the boards and thought I'd post here because we should be doing an iui in the next few days.  On follistim injections and had a dominant follicle at my US on Wednesday morning - not big enough to trigger but at least growing!  I'm hoping with the continued injections a few of the smaller follicles jump in size by tomorrow for my next US!  Hoping to trigger this weekend with iui maybe Monday?  This will be my third cycle and 2nd iui (last cycle we cancelled because the follicles weren't growing).  Its so nice to be chatting with others in the same boat!  Fingers crossed for us all!
  • Options
    Hi everyone! I think I am here too.  I will not know what day for IUI until the ultrasound on the 14th which is cd12.  Hopefully there are some follicles.  
    • TTC since June 2016
    • IVF August 2017 25 eggs retrieved, 19 mature, 13 fertilized (ICSI), 5 frozen, 3 PGS normal 

• Options
    Hi everybody!

I'm on cd12 waiting (not so) patiently to get this trigger and iui on the road! First iui cycle with injectables (gonal-f). According to us this morning, I have one big old juicy follicle and a few medium-sized ones. Hoping I'll trigger tomorrow and iui on Sunday. 

Does anyone one have a handy guide to interpreting E2 levels? My clinic keeps telling me these numbers and I have no frame of reference for what's good or not good!

Good luck to everyone here. I'm rooting for some good results this month!
  • Options
    @Knottie1456269879 good to see you here too!!
  • Options
    @megmac2010  You are kinda right where I am!  I'm cd12 today as well - have my US tomorrow to find out where my follicles are (had one dominant and a bunch of "small" ones two days ago, hoping for some growth!).  I'm on follistim injectables and was on letrozole earlier in my cycle.  This will be my 2nd iui (third cycle with RE)

Hope you find out your iui date soon!
  • Options
    I am having my first IUI on Saturday. Have been taking Letrozole with 1 follicle large enough. I will give my trigger shot tonight. 
  • Options
    @baseballhoney good luck with your iui!!  
  • Options
    Hey everyone! 8dpui and I just had my progesterone blood drawn! I got the results and they said I'm good! 33 and said I'm fine without the pregesterone supplementation at this stage. Yay! Any good news is amazing right now during this wait! 
    TTC History in Spolier:

• Options
    hey ladies! Went to me RE for baseline this morning and apparently my lining is too thick. I didn't even know that was a thing. So I have to go back on Monday to check it. :-( I am getting so discouraged.... Do you guys work? What do you tell them when you have to take time off or work from home?

My one coworker asked me today.. you go to the doctor a lot.. are you pregnant? I almost started crying...but politely said no.. 

Have a good day ladies.. This is OUR MONTH!
    **Child mentioned**
    Unexplained infertility

Married 11/12
    TTC 4/13
    IUI # 1 5/13 BFN
    IUI # 2 6/13 BFP
    DD born on 2/14

TTC 11/16
    IUI #1 1/17 BFN
    IUI #2 2/17.BFN
    IUI #3 3/17....
  • Options
    @Londonsmom I'm so sorry someone asked you that. Why do ppl care when their co-workers aren't there? I mean if it's my friend I care but when ppl comment on the number of days that are taken it's so dumb! I usually go for BW and U/S at 7-7:30am so I can still get to work. 

I never knew a lining could be too thick! What is the thickness? 
  • Options
    @Londonsmom I'm sorry they asked you that! It's always a hard question to hear. I told my boss who I have to ask when I need time off just so she didn't think I randomly started asking for a bunch more time off. I work at home, so I haven't told my co workers. Usually I just tell them I am coming in late or leaving early for an appoiment but haven't had anyone ask why. 
  • Options
    I work from home when I'm not traveling for work. So when I'm home, I've got it easy. Traveling has been really hard. I've had to have back ups for all trips (and therefore had to tell coworkers why) in case I needed to be home for an U/S or insemination and had to cancel my work trips. It's been logistically tricky which is great practice for being a mom im sure! 
    TTC History in Spolier:

• Options
    Good luck!!!
  • Options
    @Londonsmom That is the worst! Sorry they said that to you. I didn't know too thick was a thing! are they hopeful that it will decrease by monday? 

thothscribe81 and @baseballhoney are you guys having ovulation cramps??

I told my boss.  She's nice and knows we were trying before.  They have been cool about everything so far.  Some of my co workers know we are seeing an RE but don't know the details.  
    • TTC since June 2016

• Options
    Ugh @Londonsmom sorry you had to deal with questions like that, people are well intentioned but so naive as to how hurtful those comments can be.

I also didn't know having lining that's too thick was a thing. I'm curious as to how thick is too thick, like what's the cutoff?

Im 12dpiui right now, just waiting for AF but looked ahead on my FF calendar and it looks as though if AF is on time (Saturday) then I should be able to squeak in a March IUI sometime between the 26th and 28th. 
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    BFP 2/4/15, MC twin boys at 18w3d 5/15
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• Options
    @Londonsmom - oh no re: thickness! Here's hoping it looks better Monday!

My boss knows a little bit, and has been great about appointments. No one has asked me anything like that - about going to the doctor a lot or anything - but last week I had a really hard time scheduling a meeting, because it fell on the same day I o-ed and had to go in for the IUI. I thanked the guy for his patience and told him I was dealing with a medical condition - nothing life-threatening, but that it was tricky to juggle all the appointments. 
  • Options
    Londonsmom That's so hard :-(  People can be so nosey! The amount of appointments definitely gets overwhelming!

Question for y'all: I've been SO thirsty the last 2 days!  Does anyone feel like that after HCG trigger?
    Me: PCOS   DH: No issues

August '16-January '17: Clomid + HCG + IUI/TI = BFN
    February/March '17: Menopur + HCG + IUI = BFN
    April '17: Menopur + HCG + TI (due to too many mature follicles) = BFN
    May '17: Took off due to cysts
    June' 17: Menopur + HCG + IUI = Cancelled due to 8+ mature follicles
    November '17: Clomid + HCG + IUI= BFN
    December '17: Menopur + HCG + TI= BFP!!!! Due August 2018

• Options
    @Londonsmom, some people! Sorry about the lining, hope next result it goes down.

I had the IUI this afternoon, everything went really smoothly this time.  DH count was awesome, double from last time at 70 million and motility of 94%. No issue with finding the cervix and inseminating, no pain this time at all.  I start progesterone supp. tomorrow night. I was told I took wrong dose last time at only inserting one tablet.  They have told me to insert one in am and then pm.  My RE doesn't check for the level during the 2ww though. Blood HCG on march 27.

I work in an office setting but self manage my work so I haven't really had to take much time off for my appts but my boss is aware that we are seeking treatment.  My RE office is a 10 minute walk from my office so I am not missing much work if I have to go during office hours.  However, for both IUIs I have taken the day off to ensure I get some sleep and relaxation before and after the IUI.

Now the 2 WW........
  • Options
    @Imajin99. I also had my iui this morning too! My beta is March 23. Good luck to you!! 
  • Options
    Good luck @junicek and @Imajin99!!
    • TTC since June 2016

• Options
    Thank-you @Knottie1456269879.
    @junicek hope the 2 ww goes  fast.  We may go away next weekend for our anniversary so that will help the time pass.
  • Options
    @junicek and @Imajin99  good luck with your TWW!!  

@Londonsmom so sorry about the lining and the insensitive comments!!!  I start work at 7:30am so usually schedule my monitoring appts for when the office opens at 7am - I only miss about a half hour of work and my boss is pretty laid back - I just tell him I'll be a little late because of a doctors appointment.  If he asks I don't have any issues telling him what its for but at the moment he doesn't seem to find it a big deal.  I think if I was taking off in the afternoon or half days I'd have to get a bit more descriptive but since its only 30 minutes or so it hasn't been an issue.  Thank goodness for early appointments!

@Knottie1456269879 no ovulation cramps yet (which is good because I dont want to ovulate until my follicle is nice and big!!) but i've felt some twinges in my left side where my dominant follicle is - I was hoping that meant it was growing and my US today confirmed that, so i hope to keep feeling those twinges!!

My US today was pretty okay - still only one follicle - but i know all i need is one so I'll take it!  He was happy that it seemed to be growing, as long as its growing that is progress he said!  Its at about a 15 so I've still got some time to go.  I go back Sunday for another US.  I'm hoping they increase my follistim dose to kinda kick things in gear.  i'm on 75 units now.  Waiting for a call this afternoon to find out dosage and whether I need to take the cetrotide to keep me from ovulating early.  Fingers crossed for iui maybe tuesday or wednesday!
  • Options
    @Knottie1456269879 I havent had any ovulation cramps yet, but I only gave myself the trigger shot last night! Are you having them?
  • Options
    Imajin99Imajin99 member
    edited March 2017

@thothscribe81Thanks, I wish you lots of luck for the IUI, hope Sunday goes well and the follicle has matured nicely.

• Options
    Anyone experience extreme cramping a few hours after IUI.  I started cramping about 9 hours after IUI and it was awful.  DH gave me some Tylenol and it helped and I fell asleep.
  • Options

Updated sheet.
    @Cinnamonn - haven't seen you post in a while, am hoping because you're in Paris. Not sure how this last IUI went... FX for you!
    @pawcall - I've dropped you from the March board, since your Feb IUI was (hopefully!) your last! FX we never see you again! Hahaha!
    @junicek - Happy Belated Birthday!

So in other news, we are 10 days in - which means the first person in this group will hear soon. FX for you @Manders85 - I hope this last few days of your TWW isn't too agonizing. Mine hasn't been so bad as yet, but I suspect around next Wednesday, I am going to be awfully antsy!
  • Options
    @funkykey you can put me down for a 3/26 IUI #2
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    BFP 2/4/15, MC twin boys at 18w3d 5/15
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• Options
    @Imajin99 I didn't have the cramping but I was so bloated! I like to BD 12 hours after iui just in case and although I sure don't feel like it, I make it happen! The bloating has gone down now. How are you feeling? 

@funkykey thank you for the birthday wishes! My beta is March 23. Thanks for making the chart! 
  • Options
    Hi there! Can you add me to the chart? I'm looking at IUI #2 possibly on March 15 - waiting for my follies to get bigger. Right now, CD 12, they are 12mm and 14mm. 
    *TW*
    me 36  |  him 42 | 
     married 5/2016
    ttc with TI June 2016 - Nov 2016 = BFN 
    Nov 2016 dx male infertility - intermittent azoospermia during intercourse & unexplained

•  Dec 2016 - IUI #1 | cd 30/10 dpiui: BFP | 8w4d: MC by D&C due to blighted ovum
    •  Mar 2017 - IUI #2, 100mg Clomid (cd 3-7) | BFN
    •  April 2017 - IUI #3, 100mg Clomid (cd 3-7) | BFN
    •  May 2017 - IUI #4, 100mg Clomid (cd 3-7) | BFN
    • June 2017 - IVF #1, 5 eggs retrieved, 4 fertilized, 2 high quality blasts chillin'. During retrieval, Dr. had to go through my uterus so we switched from fresh transfer to frozen. Giving my uterus a full cycle to heal.
    • August/September 2017 - Natural FET #1, transferred one day 5/6 embryo on Sept 3rd, Beta #1 171, Beta #2 402.6 | Saw heartbeat at 6 weeks, 3 days | BFP
    • April 2017 - Baby Boy Beckett was born. 
    • August 2019 - FET, transferred one day 5/6 embryo | BFP
    • December 2019 - Diagnosed with low AFI of 3.41 on 12/3, cause unknown. No tear in membranes, no issues with Baby Girl. On bedrest.
  • Options
    @JaeJayStark hi! I'm on my second iui and am on cd13 today with one follie at 15mm - have another us sunday to see if it grew! Are you doing follistim or anything? They kept me at 75 units so I'm hoping it does the trick! Grow follie grow!!