May 2017 Moms

Randoms and Questions 2.6 - 2.10

Re: Randoms and Questions 2.6 - 2.10

• Jkp7749Jkp7749 member
    edited February 2017
    So much to catch up on... Ill try to tag but may forget

@kat81 that is so wonderful! My sil and i have been pregnant together twice! I hope your sister has a smooth pregnancy :)

@ShadeofGreen816 that is such an icredibly sad situation and how awful of a decision for a parent to have to make.. That would be so devestating! Hoping for a miracle for him! 

I wore the hospital gown and then brought yoga pants, nursing bras, nursing jammies, slippers with rubber bottoms and def cozy socks. 

@nda_roxybabe that is a great list to help with my nesting fever!!! I saw a few others sugguest packing bags etc. But im trying to hold off as long as i can so i will have SOMETHING to do in those last few long weeks!

*tw-loss mentioned*
    Dh and i were cooking dinner and i went to the bathroom, as i turned to flush i realized there was so much blood. We called my ob and didnt hear back in what we thought was quick enough time so we went to the hospital. Thank God they found two beautiful heartbeats but when they had me give a urine sample they were suprised by how much blood, i guess they thought i meant i was spotting. Weve had two losses so it was unnerving to see so much blood. Anyway they checked and my cervix is still closed so they say its something with my bladder. Since checking my cervix ive had braxton hicks almost every five minutes. We are staying the night for them to monitor urine, hydrate me, and give iv antibiotics. So tonight is my daughters first night away from us.... 

• @Jkp7749 That is so scary! I'm glad everyone is doing well. FX it stays that way
  • Loading the player...
  • thistlenweedsthistlenweeds member
    edited February 2017
    @ShadeofGreen816 wow, that's really really sad. I feel so sorry for him. Completely understand his request even though it's a horrible choice for the family.

@Jkp7749 oh dear! I hope you're okay! Glad you've made it to the hospital and being monitored now! *hugs*
  • @Jkp7749 Wow my heart dropped reading that. So glad you went in even tho you have to be away from DD. Take care of yourself and all those babies!
  • @kat81 how exciting! Congrats to your sister. What a blessing!!!

@erinh2005 happy birthday!  :)

@starphish18  so sorry to hear that. 

@ShadeofGreen816  praying for you and that family. 

@SWE2  totally regretted not bringing something cute to wear for photos the first time around, the photographer did pull my gown away from my shoulders and used my sheet to cover my chest and the photos actually turned out beautifully but definitely forgot about that until now thanks for the reminder :) now off to add that to my hospital pack list! 

My response to clothes at the hospital I brought 3 outfits thinking I'd be up to wearing them... nope! I wore a hospital gown the entire time. I had a c section so it was difficult to even get up and move let alone dress myself. Going for a VBAC this time around so I'm hoping to be able to get up and move more and wear the comfy clothes that I bring. Although night sweats are pretty gross after birth so I just might sweat it out in the hospital gown, after all less laundry for me to do! 

#1 DD Aug 2014 @39weeks via CS

#2 Due May 2,2017 hopeful VBAC

• mrsrep123mrsrep123 member
    edited February 2017
    @nda_roxybabe great nesting list. This might help with one: have your baby shower guests fill out their address on an envelope at the shower so you don't have to!

@erinh2005 happy 30th!

@starphish18 sorry to hear about losing a doggy client. I like animals more than most people and can fully understand the tear-fest you had. 

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• All this maternity leave talk is making me sad & frustrated! I wish we could have as much time as we want off without worrying about jobs and finances. 

I'm in quite a dilemma. After having my son in July 2015, I took 14 weeks off (FMLA 12 weeks and 2 weeks CSLA or baby bonding). I then spread out the remaining baby bonding leave over the next year so I'd have the holidays off and his first birthday off. I then proceeded to leave/take off early from work or the day off if offered to be home with my family. I also decreased my hours from 32/week to 28/week. Here comes the dilemma... I was told by HR that I won't meet the requirements for FMLA (1,250 working hours 1 year prior to leave date) if I plan on my last day of work being the last day of April (EDD is 5/9). So, I performed an audit and calculations and found that I have to pick up 6 extra shifts and work all of my scheduled shifts through the end of April to meet the requirements. Ugh... talk about pressure!

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• Thanks ladies. Sorry for unloading all that and being such a Debbie downer. 

@Jkp7749 big prayers for you and babies! I hope everything turns out ok and they get some answers. 

@mrsrep123 how frustrating. But you can do it! Just think how great that time will be. Plus hopefully it will make the time pass faster til your EDD!
  • @jkp7749, I hope everything is okay and they give you more answers today! It's good that they kept you in the hospital as a precaution. Praying for you. 
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• @jkp7749 I hope they can figure things out an keep those babies in there longer. I'm glad they seem okay!
    TTC1: May 2015
    Primary IF May 2016; Failed HSG; Scheduled Lap Sept. 2016
    BFP: August 22, 2016/EDD: April 29, 2017
    DD: May 1, 2017
    TTC2: June 2019
    CP September 2019
    Lap and repeat HSG scheduled December 2019
    BFP: November 24, 2019/EDD: August 2, 2020
  • @Jkp7749, T&Ps that they can figure out what's going on!
    May Siggy Challenge: Labor Memes

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
    DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
    BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• @Jkp7749 please keep us posted.  Praying for you and your babies!!
  • @jkp7749 how scary, praying for you and your babies, glad to hear they found 2 good heartbeats. Hopefully your stay is just monitoring and non-eventful.

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• @Jkp7749 I'm keeping you and your babies in my prayers. 

#1 DD Aug 2014 @39weeks via CS

#2 Due May 2,2017 hopeful VBAC

• @Jkp7749 praying everything's ok and those babies stay put! 
  • @Jkp7749 I can't even imagine how scary that must have been! Glad to hear everything seems okay for the moment and I hope it stays that way!!! Sending positive thoughts and vibes your way! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     "A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin
  • @Jkp7749 thinking of you!! How are you doing this morning?  

~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
    3-16-2012 D&C/Miscarriage.
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    Diminished Ovarian Reserve   
    MFI - Sperm Morphology 2%.  
    MTHFR 
     Abnormal Antiphospholipid Antibodies
    April 2013 ~  1st IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    May 2013  ~ 2nd IUI attempt -100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    June 2013 ~ 3rd IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid+ Trigger+ Progesterone~BFN
     IVF/ICSI #1 May 2014 ~ Freeze All ~ Due to OHSS
     5/1/2014 ~ 22 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 3 frozen
    5/28/2014 ~ FET#1 ~ Transferred 2 Hatching Blasts
      6/1/2014~ **BFP**
    6/9/2014 Beta #1 ~ 1022
    6/12/2014 Beta #2 ~ 3099
    6/16/2014 Beta #3 ~ >5000
    6/19/2014 First U/S ~ TWINS!!!  
    1/7/2015 Twins born @ 34 weeks

image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• @Jkp7749 , that must have been so scary. I'm glad you got to a hospital and have doctors monitoring the situation. Take care of yourself!

@starphish18 , I'm sorry...that sounds like a really tough situation. I'm sure the pregnancy hormones aren't helping. 

@ShadeofGreen816 , it makes sense that you are feeling sad even though you don't directly know him. It's crazy how fragile life is. 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @Jkp7749 thinking of you!!

@ShadeofGreen816 how horrible. Thinking of you and his family. 
  • @BabyMC517, I asked my doctor about baby movement on Tuesday.  I told her I feel movement, but nothing consistent and sometimes I go long periods and feel nothing.  She said at 25 weeks, it is still a little too early to feel regular movement.

@nda_roxybabe, you make me feel like a slacker, but you have some great ideas.

• @jkp7749, I'm glad things checked out ok.  Sending thoughts and prayers.  On the bright side, maybe this will be a good practice for your LO to be away from you and DH before the babies arrive.
  • @chickyclg ive heard people swear by that method! Hopefully it will click soon! 
  • @erinh2005 Happy belated birthday!
    @ShadeofGreen816 I'm so sorry to hear about that tragedy! I think the only silver lining is that if he is mentally aware enough to engage in the conversation with his family so they don't have to solely take on that decision. I'm sorry they have to be in that position at all! Sending positive thoughts!!
    @Jkp7749 That's so scary! I'm glad it's not babies and that DD did so well her first night away. I'm sure your mother didn't mind holding her all night. I'm a nurse and think it's a wonderful profession. It's great that you got to see the nurse who helped with DD and show her pictures-- I'm sure that made the nurse's day! Thinking about you and hope the blood has stopped and you're feeling better by the second!
  • @RainyDays86 Aw, I'm so sorry you're having to go through this. That's such a sweat story about your DS. I hope your treatments continue to go as smoothly as the last one did.
  • @Jkp7749 thinking about you and your babies this morning... 

@RainyDays86 hopefully you found some awesome wigs and glad you have a great H at your side

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• @RainyDays86 That's a very sweet story about DS. I'm sorry about your hair! Thinking of you!
  • @RainyDays86 your DS is so sweet. I am sorry you are dealing with your hair so soon.

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• @ShadeofGreen816 oh my goodness, that is such a rough situation!  I will add their family to my prayers. 

@Jkp7749 I am glad to hear that your babies are doing ok!  That must have been so scary for you guys! 

@RainyDays86 oh, your son is the sweetest!!  I'm sorry about your hair, and hope that people aren't too nosy. 
  • @RainyDays86: That's great baby news! I hope it puts your mind at ease. And fwiw, I think you're handling the hair loss amazingly well. FX for a smooth rest of the day!
  • Remind me what the deal with seeing spots is? It just started a minute ago, everything was fine at my appt. this morning.
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • KipperooKipperoo member
    edited February 2017
    @RainyDays86 , I'm sorry you're losing privacy around your diagnosis. That must be really tough. I'll keep you in my thoughts and hope you make it through the work day! 

@Jkp7749 , I'm so glad to hear everything looks good!

I am in such a terrible mood...this seems to be a common theme for me this week, haha...I failed my second one hour glucose test (after passing the early one at 24 weeks). This feels like my first pregnancy repeating itself and it makes me irrationally upset. I know that a GD diagnosis isn't the end of the world, but I just have so many other silly little complications with this pregnancy that I just don't want to deal with this on top of all of the other stuff. I know many people pass the 3 hour, but I'm not optimistic given that last time I failed one data point of the 3 hour and had to take a 2nd 3 hour, and finally started glucose monitoring VERY late in the pregnancy. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I had to take the 3 hour test last time and it's not fun... however the lab ladies were so nice and gave me a room in the back to sleep in. They even gave me a blanket and pillow! they said they would rather have me in the back resting than passing out in the lobby while waiting.

maybe you can sweet talk your way into the back @kipperoo !

• bacorreabacorrea member
    edited February 2017
    Remind me what the deal with seeing spots is? It just started a minute ago, everything was fine at my appt. this morning.
    Could be nbd you just got up too quickly. Could be a sign of high BP I think. Or you looked into the sun too long  ;)