May 2017 Moms
Options

Randoms and Questions 1.23 - 1.29

Almost done with January already!

Re: Randoms and Questions 1.23 - 1.29

• Options
    Total random vent.  So DS is in speech therapy with ECI and our lady has cancelled 2 times this month and not rescheduled.  At this point she will have to come almost everyday for the rest of the month to make up the visits since they aren't allowed to come on days he receives other services.  

~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
    3-16-2012 D&C/Miscarriage.
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    Diminished Ovarian Reserve   
    MFI - Sperm Morphology 2%.  
    MTHFR 
     Abnormal Antiphospholipid Antibodies
    April 2013 ~  1st IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    May 2013  ~ 2nd IUI attempt -100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    June 2013 ~ 3rd IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid+ Trigger+ Progesterone~BFN
     IVF/ICSI #1 May 2014 ~ Freeze All ~ Due to OHSS
     5/1/2014 ~ 22 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 3 frozen
    5/28/2014 ~ FET#1 ~ Transferred 2 Hatching Blasts
      6/1/2014~ **BFP**
    6/9/2014 Beta #1 ~ 1022
    6/12/2014 Beta #2 ~ 3099
    6/16/2014 Beta #3 ~ >5000
    6/19/2014 First U/S ~ TWINS!!!  
    1/7/2015 Twins born @ 34 weeks

image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Has anyone or their SO read any of the following books and have opinions about the books? H wants to read something that will help him understand the third trimester, labor, and delivery. I found these books at my local library and I'm wondering which ones are worth reading. Thanks :)

-The Caveman's Pregnancy Companion: A survival guide for expectant fathers
    -Pregnancy for Dads
    -Becoming a Dad: the first 3 years
    -Your Pregnancy for the Father to be
    -What to Expect when your Wife is Expanding

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @luckywife10 H has "The new father", but hasn't read yet. He liked what he read so far from "The Expectant Father". I'd like something brief-ish for him to read regarding what to expect from his wife who just had labor. I keep reminding him of things to come, but don't think he really gets it.
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    Random question: Would it be considered tacky to put a camera on a baby registry? Only in hopes of getting to use a completion discount on it.
  • Options
    @nda_roxybabe I'm a dress lover too!!  So far I only have one pair of maternity leggings and every other kind I wear has started rolling down on my belly now.  It's super un-cute!

@mspacman34 I don't think that's tacky at all.  I have lots of things on the registry that I only put there for me to buy with the discount.  
  • Options
    @mspacman34
     I don't think a camera on registry is tacky at all! 
  • Options

@luckywife10 I bought the birth partner book for my husband to read.. but he did not.. he went to the birthing class and felt that was informative enough. He actually did remember all of the information and tried to use it during labor.

@mspacman34 you can always add it to your registry after the baby shower if your wondering how it looks.

• Options
    I love, love, love feeling baby move, but sometimes (like right now) they're making me a bit woozy! Anyone else?
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    @nda_roxybabe That's the worst! I sympathize with not feeling comfortable in clothes. I'm a jeans girl, but hate all the maternity jeans, so I'm now a leggings lady while preggo. Ugh.

@mspacman34 Nope, not tacky. I think it's smart to put some NBR items on your registry, and a camera is baby related. I mean, how else are you going to capture all those "firsts"?

@Kipperoo That's a great story! Thanks for sharing. :)

My random is mostly a vent: I have been pretty ill and even had to go to urgent care for IV fluids. I'm much better this morning, but I'm just feeling guilty about any possible struggle it's put on baby, and feel like I just lost the majority of 5 days to my bathroom. I'm hoping this week is better.
  • Options
    Ugh..it's Monday...I'm so tired! I feel like my drive to and from work is really starting to take a toll on me. I mean I'm tired on the weekends, but nothing like during the week. I can't wait until we move in March!! 

I've been wearing mainly dresses, too! 1. because they are a little more comfortable and 2. because I'm sort of refusing to spend money on nice work pants. However, there are times (like a couple of weeks ago when I almost broke down) that I want to just throw on a pair of pants and a shirt and call it a day for work! I have 1 pair of regular leggings that are okay and trying out another pair my mom bought me, but they are fleece lined and we live in FL...It's supposed to be windy and rainy today, sort of "cool", but man am I hot! 

H read/listened to the booked "Dude! You're gonna be a dad!" and really liked it (https://smile.amazon.com/Dude-Youre-Gonna-Be-Dad-ebook/dp/B004XWDD8W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1485191423&sr=8-1&keywords=dude+you're+going+to+be+a+dad). I think he attempted another one, but didn't like it and I don't think he even finished it. I think it was "The Expectant Father".

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     "A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin
  • Options
    Has anyone or their SO read any of the following books and have opinions about the books? H wants to read something that will help him understand the third trimester, labor, and delivery. I found these books at my local library and I'm wondering which ones are worth reading. Thanks :)

-The Caveman's Pregnancy Companion: A survival guide for expectant fathers
    -Pregnancy for Dads
    -Becoming a Dad: the first 3 years
    -Your Pregnancy for the Father to be
    -What to Expect when your Wife is Expanding

DH read "Your Boys Can Swim!" 
    I originally bought it jokingly, but it acrually did have some basic good information in it (with some humor thrown in). 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • Options
    Hi ladies, does anybody have mole problems o moles that got shifted on their belly and/or breast? I'm not sure it's a good moment to see a dermatologist, but my bras are now kind of rubbing a "shifted" mole!
  • Options
    I guess the sick feelings are going around. MH had bronchitis last week. As much as I tried to stay away from him, I think I caught it but I don't think it's as bad as his. My throat feels irritated and I have a dry cough. I also haven't been getting the greatest sleep because of the persistent rain we've been having, so I really just want to call it quits today. 
  • Options
    @nda_roxybabe DH didn't read any of those books but did read a lot of others... but more towards raising the kid vs labor partner. We both went to the childbirth and all the other classes together and that helped him understand...

I had a quick Doppler check appt and am hanging out to get my blood drawn for the glucose test... ugh! Cold sugar first thing in my tummy (besides water) yuuuuuck. DH was making pancakes for breakfast before I headed out to my appt and I was just sad I didn't get to have one fresh. Usually DH comes to every single appt, but since DS is getting over his cold, I thought it'd be better for him to be home vs calling MIL over. 

Hope everyone has an awesome/better Monday. I'm hitting the stairs now because I do not want to fail this thing... lol. 

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• Options
    @mrsrep123 , UGH, I feel for you on the glucose test. I hope you pass it!!  I hate sugary drinks of any kind and that stuff makes me sick for a full day after drinking it. I thought I was in the clear because I passed mine a few weeks ago, but I was just told I have to do it again next month (last one was early because I was borderline GD at the very end of my pregnancy...long story). I almost cried at the thought of drinking that crap again. 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    DH never read any books when I was pregnant with our first and he has no desire this time either lol, he's more of learn as you go type of guy! 
    @thistlenweeds yay, congrats!!!!  :)
    @achays11 feel better. 

#1 DD Aug 2014 @39weeks via CS

#2 Due May 2,2017 hopeful VBAC

• Options
    Here's a random: For anyone who has thought about using Essential Oils in the hospital or when you get home with a new baby (no, I'm not trying to sell you any!), you might want to go ahead and get them on order so you'll have them to pack. There are oils with specific purposes for laboring and post-partum mommas, but I mostly used the ones that CALM ME DOWN the most. I had my diffuser running almost constantly during labor and during my post-partum stay, and everyone always commented on how great our room smelled! 
  • Options
    @emilyalso could you recommend a brand or specific oil!? I thought about using a diffuser in the hospital room while laboring! 

#1 DD Aug 2014 @39weeks via CS

#2 Due May 2,2017 hopeful VBAC

• Options
    @MrsFox2008 I use Young Living and my favorites were Peace and Calming, Stress Away, and Gentle Baby. (If I had to pick a more 'basic' oil, it would probably be Lavender. It's good for so much, and we go through it like water around here to ensure good sleep!) You do pay more for their products if you aren't a member, but someone who IS could order them for you and you wouldn't have to join. 
  • Options
    @auro_c I agree with what others have said. It never hurts to get it checked out. I've been on yearly skin checks most of my life because of cancer in my family. I have a couple small moles along the side of my belly that have been expanding, I assume because my stomach is expanding. I've been meaning to make an appt for a check up, though, just to make sure.
  • Options
    @Kipperoo I love that story, children's thought processes are the best. DD is still little and not quite at that point, but always does stuff that just makes me smile.

@nda_roxybabe I've never liked rolling tights over my stomach, have you tried folding them at your waist? Not always an option depending on the dress, but I could imagine it being uncomfortable all day being too tight.

My random: So my best friend is having a get together at a sushi restaurant for her husband's birthday and I'm kind of stuck in a weird dilemma on it...I know it's on a day we can attend, but I also have my level II U/S earlier in the day, DH hates Asian food and fish so I'd have to talk him into it, I don't pay too much stock into the food restrictions, but keep going back on whether or not earing raw fish is too far and so on...so I'm sitting here thinking about looking the restaurant up online because I don't want to sit out and play the role of shitty friend.
  • Options
    @OmegaRose3 when is your follow up AS? Was just thinking about you...

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• Options
    @mrsrep123 it's February 7th, it feels both close and entirely too far away, but I do see my OB and I'm going to prod her with questions about my blood work and anything else she may be able to tell me about my U/S that shows the EIF
  • Options
    @OmegaRose3 I hear ya! I'm glad you get a follow up. I couldn't (deemed unnecessary) so I talked to a genetics counselor and felt waaaaay better. Good luck and keep me/us updated!

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• Options
    @starphish18 my Amazon welcome box is on its way! Thanks again  :D

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• Options
    @OmegaRose3 , I'd say use the pregnancy and/or your ultrasound (good luck, BTW!) as an excuse if you really don't want to go, but if you DO feel guilty enough to go, I'm sure you can find some cooked sushi rolls and something barely Asian (teriyaki chicken, fried rice, etc), for your husband. I actually just ate a cooked sushi roll from Whole Foods for lunch today and it was delish! 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @mrsrep123 you just reminded me to update! I bought something off of our registry with a gift card we have and it didn't show up that I bought something to get the welcome box. So, after doing some digging for answers, turns out you can't use a gc! Now we have to buy something else to get the welcome box! Ugh...we purchased one of the cloth diapers so we could check it out haha maybe I'll get one of the others that's different to compare. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     "A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin
  • Options
    Kipperoo said:
    @OmegaRose3 , I'd say use the pregnancy and/or your ultrasound (good luck, BTW!) as an excuse if you really don't want to go, but if you DO feel guilty enough to go, I'm sure you can find some cooked sushi rolls and something barely Asian (teriyaki chicken, fried rice, etc), for your husband. I actually just ate a cooked sushi roll from Whole Foods for lunch today and it was delish! 
    @OmegaRose3 Oh, you can always get veggie rolls too!

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• Options
    @OmegaRose3

Shrimp tempura rolls!

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • Options
    @mrsrep123 post a picture when it arrives! if possible! I'm curious to see how different it is since there was speculation others got a special holiday box. I'm in Canada but have an American SIL so could figure out having one sent there :)
  • Options
    @OmegaRose3 I agree with pp, pregnancy and important ultrasounds are both good excuses if you really don't want to go. For your DH, sometimes sushi places have satay skewers and I've even seen popcorn chicken at a proper sushi restaurant. For you, if you don't mind them, plain avocado rolls or tempura yam rolls could be a good alternative to raw fish! I used to eat all the no fish sushi before I had the guts to try raw fish.