May 2017 Moms

Randoms and Questions 1.23 - 1.29

14567810»

Re: Randoms and Questions 1.23 - 1.29

• BabyMC517BabyMC517 member
    edited January 2017
    Random...getting dressed this morning for the 50 degree and rainy weather we are having in SWFL to go walk around an outdoor outlet mall and I put on a sweater not thinking it wouldn't be long enough...yeah it's not lol doesn't cover the bump all the way! Good thing I remembered I bought a cute maternity lightweight sweatshirt!  :D

ETA: there are covered parts to walk under  ;) and hopefully it will stop, it's not too bad. 

ETA2: So I needed to return stuff to 2 stores and neither are there anymore!! So now I'm stuck with this stuff until I can figure out if there's another store somewhere! Ugh...but I did find a couple of shorts at target on sale. Silver lining I suppose :) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     "A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin
  • clebl24 said:
    As I was putting on my pajamas last night DH exclaimed, "Whoa! Are you bloated are something?"  I responded no, why. He went on to explain that I look so much bigger all of a sudden. Seriously dude, I'm 24 weeks pregnant.  
    Haha do we have the same DH? He commented last night that I was looking big all of a sudden. Also 24 weeks here. Just what a pregnant woman wants to hear, honey.

• Loading the player...
  • pshaortao said:
    clebl24 said:
    As I was putting on my pajamas last night DH exclaimed, "Whoa! Are you bloated are something?"  I responded no, why. He went on to explain that I look so much bigger all of a sudden. Seriously dude, I'm 24 weeks pregnant.  
    Haha do we have the same DH? He commented last night that I was looking big all of a sudden. Also 24 weeks here. Just what a pregnant woman wants to hear, honey.
    Lol... MH is great and says to the baby "Boy, you're getting big!" Guess he learned the first time around  :D

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• Forgive my dear diary post... We found out yesterday that DH's co-director died suddenly on Friday. He was a seemingly healthy guy in his early 50s, so it's a huge shock. I feel guilty for even thinking about myself during a tragedy like this, but it's throwing a lot of uncertainty into our lives about our housing situation and how the camp will run this summer. The housing thing is complicated but what it boils down to is that we want to do what's right for the camping program, and that might mean forgoing the house that we were supposed to move into in 2 weeks so that they can hire another person to fill that slot.

I'm doing a pretty good job of going with the flow so far and having faith that everything will work out. If we don't move to the house we were supposed to move to, we might look into buying (huge hurdle for me to get over). DH also left for Texas today for the week, so it was a lot to process right before he left and there are a bunch of loose ends. We'll learn more in the next few days.
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• I hope it all works out @kns1988 it's really sad when such young people go. :(
  • @kns1988 very sad when there's a sudden passing of someone so young. Don't feel bad for thinking about your family at a time like this. I'm sure we are all starting to feel the need to be ready for baby so a big unknown such as where you're going to live would definitely be cause for a concern. 
  • Thank you for the reassurance, @Amybee5. I was hoping I didn't sound awful or selfish. 
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• @kns1988 I'm sorry to hear of this loss. Praying that everything works out for you guys. 
  • So sorry to hear all of this @kns1988. I hope everything works out.
  • @kns1988 you definitely don't sound awful or selfish! I hope everything works out for the camp but also for you guys!!
  • I found an instagram this morning of a comic artist, Lucy Knisley, who had her first baby this past June and does a lot of baby related mini comics. I lurked far back through her pregnancy, struggles with breastfeeding and just general baby stuff and laughed out loud a bunch. As a ftm it was comforting to see her find the funny in a lot of not ideal situations a lot of mums encounter. 
    Anyways! I wanted to share with you guys :smile:

https://www.instagram.com/lucyknisley/
  • @clebl24 and @pshaortao, I'm  just at 23 weeks and feeling like I'm "suddenly huge"! Everyone, from DH to coworkers to strangers are noticing my belly like it's smacking them in the face. I guess it only gets worse? :/
  • Yiggle09Yiggle09 member
    edited January 2017
    I know I am super behind but I had to chime in
    @WombThereItIs I was in the army and reserves for 12 years in the medical field. During my last phase of training I went to sick call and saw a pa for a sore throat. They said no biggie its not strep youll be fine in a week. I waited 3 weeks no change went back and at this point i was upset now that the sore throat was not going away and nervous about it. The PA sent me for a psych consult and to just cover his butt blood work. I had mono not a mental illness. I refused the appointment with psych but of course that never would leave my military records.
    @Jen_Shoes If you are going to the machine that spins around you while you hold your arms up I would absolutely not go in it while pregnant. I did a research paper on it while getting my bachelors in radiologic science. It does use radiation that is low energy and embeds into the skin. Low energy is not a good thing in this case. I would opt for the pat down and magnet scan personally after doing my research. Also google images that the backscatter airplane security machine takes. You will not like the way it looks for a tsa person to see you like that. 
    @BeachMommy2B I second your opinion on the avent bottles. My son would suck on them and somehow breast milk would shoot out to my hand as I was holding the bottle for him. Breast milk dribbling anywhere other than ds mouth kinda put me into crazy town. I just unloaded all of mine to a new mom who wanted them and I was like good riddance. Love my DR browns. Yes they have a ton of pieces but they were the only ones I could find to keep ds from collapsing the nipple.