July 2017 Moms

Baby Movements

Re: Baby Movements

• @mtownhespes by up top I mean to the left and slightly below my belly button. I'm fairly certain that where he or at least his head is part of the time. It is where we find him on ultrasound usually too. But his strong movements (I'm guessisng kicks?) are usually closer to my pelvic bone! 
  • The first time I thought I felt movement was around 12.5 weeks. It was just one big flop feeling. I kind of told myself I was crazy and it was too early, but now comparing that to what I've felt since (I'm now 17.5 weeks) I think it really was. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I have definitely been feeling movements over the last week. like @kat0607 said, mine are more like light taps than 'butterflies' or bubbles. Maybe I just missed those feelings because they were too faint? Even what I am feeling now is more faint than what I expected (FTM). 

She also apparently prefers the right side of my uterus (especially in the mornings). Yesterday morning I was laying in bed perfectly flat and she was pushed up in the top right of my uterus. It was really hard there and she was protruding so much that my stomach looked lopsided! It was so funny looking I took a pic and send it to my mom. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @Rae1 I've also experienced that exact same thing (lopsided belly) in the morning! Not every morning, but most mornings my uterus is significantly harder on the right side as well. Idk if it has something to do with sleeping position or if baby just tucks their self into that side on their own.
  • @Rae1 My belly goes lopsided every few days. Doesn't normally last very long, but it has to be the baby. Either that, or there's another alien growing inside of me. Organs don't relocate every five minutes lol. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • I'm just getting fat, I don't feel a hard tummy maybe that's why I can't feel any movements. Sometimes at night I feel a slightly painful but blunt feeling like a shooting pain that's about it. 
  • I've been feeling baby move so much lately. It's stil only when im laying down and relaxing but definitely more movement. I know that's what I was feeling over a week ago. I'm 17 weeks today and started feeling a faint thump around 15 weeks, 3 days. It's basically the same feeling, just more of it. Right now I love it, so I'm enjoying it while it doesnt hurt my ribs or keep me awake!
  • I've been feeling baby move so much lately. It's stil only when im laying down and relaxing but definitely more movement. I know that's what I was feeling over a week ago. I'm 17 weeks today and started feeling a faint thump around 15 weeks, 3 days. It's basically the same feeling, just more of it. Right now I love it, so I'm enjoying it while it doesnt hurt my ribs or keep me awake!
    Yes!! Ditto all this! <3

Also, I thought there was nothing that could be done about rib pain (one of my worst/only real symptoms last pregnancy). My chiro said she can definitely help with it, and later in third trimester, she will start taping me up to help the pain. I'm so pumped to have a plan in place for it this time! 
  • I'm with @caribbeanmama..no fish flops or angel kisses...I'm getting sharp painful jabs.  But the keyword is painful, like nerve pain.  Is that the baby?  Today what I have of a bump (not much) was lopsided and that's where the jabs are.
  • @virginiaunicorn11 that was my only real complaint with the third trimester as well...I couldn't wear a bra because it hurt so much. Hoping my cartilage is already stretched out and the pain isn't too intense. Glad you have a plan in place :)
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • I've had a lot of sharp twinges too @caribbeanmama and @theweevee. It's actually calmed down a bit in the last couple of days though. I'm wondering if it's movement or just the uterus stretching in various places.
    ~DD arrived July 4, 2017~
  • I starting feeling this baby around 13 weeks and have been able to feel outside movement for the last week or so. H was able to feel him kick/move last night. I'm a TTM and have felt each baby sooner. It's not crazy to feel movement early, I've felt all 3 of mine sooner than 20 weeks. 
  • I'm starting to feel jabs this week. LO is packing on the muscle!! Last night was a wiggle fest in my belly. Baby must be exploring my newly expanded uterus. 
  • Lots of movements this week! 
  • I pulled my cat up to lay on my stomach and the baby started freaking out. It felt like he was punching at her. I like to think that he was getting back at her for all the times she has stepped on him in the last few weeks, but in reality he was probably just laying near the top of my uterus and was getting squished out of place. It was still cute. The cat didn't notice a thing. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • I'm now a lot more certain about the feelings I've been having since about 16 weeks, and they're pretty consistently in the same area at certain times of day. I wouldn't describe it as butterfly  though, more quick jabs, and occasionally the fish flop. I've already seen the baby kicking on a previous scan, so I know that's a real possibility. Can't wait to see how it's moving on Friday at the A/S! (18+weeks now for reference, FTM)
    BabyGaga

BabyGaga
  • I've never felt the butterfly feeling either. Just fish flops and small jabs!
  • Feeling a little more movement here too! They are still light but slightly stronger. H is jealous but I know it's probably going to be quite some time until he can feel it due to my stomach chub.  For now it feels like the baby and I have a secret language lol
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Feeling a little more movement here too! They are still light but slightly stronger. H is jealous but I know it's probably going to be quite some time until he can feel it due to my stomach chub.  For now it feels like the baby and I have a secret language lol
    This is how I feel.

The movements are always in the same spot (kid seems to like to hang out on the left) and they're getting more insistent. LOL.
    Married: 10/13/2013
    TTC #1: Mirena removed 5/26/2015; DH - normal SA, me - diagnosed with PCOS 8/4/2016 - on Metformin; BFP - 10/29/2016!!!, EDD - 7/8/2017; DD born 6/29/2017
  • lph4248lph4248 member
    edited February 2017
    Today I was using my doppler, and I felt the same quick fish flop/quick uterus poke that I have been feeling every so often, and right when I felt it, her heartbeat changed in volume even though I was holding the doppler totally still. I'll be more excited if we can confirm it visually at next week's anatomy scan, but this is pretty solid evidence! 17+4, FTM. So, if any of you have a doppler, you might try to triangulate evidence next time you use it :)
  • @lph4248 I'm wishing I purchased a doppler. I think at this point it makes no sense since I should start feeling the baby regularly soon, but I would love to be able to check in on it every once in a while during this phase where I am not really feeling regular movements.

Random question- once you start feeling movement, how often should you feel it? I know it gets more regular and pronounced as your pregnancy goes along.
  • I just jabs of faint pain and it's annoying me now! I think that's just everything stretching out! 
  • @oheliza44 My doctor's office gave me this very handy guidebook to pregnancy (which they published) and there is a section on movement. It says that in month 4, you may start feeling movement but not to worry if you do not feel it for a few days since the baby is surrounded by the amniotic fluid and suspended basically. Hope that helps. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @BusyZee I have been feeling the same.  Just little quick jabs of light pain, but it has to be muscles and such because baby IMO is probably still too tiny to be hurting.  I guess I won't know.  :(

Me: 26  Him: 27
    Dating: 5/2011 Married: 6/2014

Mirena out/TTC: 02/2016

BFP #1: 12/01/2016

EDD: 07/24/2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • 18w1d and nothing yet ... that I know of.  Not really sure what I'm supposed to be looking for although I guess this thread gives me a better idea. (I've read "fluttering" but I was like wtf does that mean?! haha!  Flopping fish is a great analogy)  I know it can take up to 23w so I'm trying not to look forward to it too much but I still obviously secretly hope it comes soon.  I'm more looking forward to the real kicks for DH.  I know he's anxious.    
    Me: 29 DH: 31 SS: 12
    Met: 08/2001 Dating: 07/2004 ~ Engaged: 11/2009 ~ Married: 06/2011
    TTC: Since 09/16 ~ BFP 10/28/16 ~ EDD 7/5/17
    Team Pink * Canadian Bumpie
  • lph4248lph4248 member
    edited February 2017
    Guys, I felt her kick with my hand last night when I was laying in bed. At first it felt like gas bubbles, but then I remembered my gas bubble location is not that low anymore, so I put my hand on my lower belly, and she TOTALLY POKED ME.

They told me at my first ultrasound that my uterus was pointing straight out towards my belly, which is apparently unusual for FTMs. That's likely why I started to show a little early and possibly why I'm feeling movement at 17 weeks?
  • @lph4248 ahh iv been feeling those gas bubbles too and strange palpitation but I'm not sure, what is the poke supposed to feel like? Does it hurt? Tickle? 

@dancegurl1118 Lol! Congratulations!!

@maybeitsmadeline exactly, because if that's the baby then It's probably going to hurt pretty bad later lol! I keep telling myself my baby is a good baby and is sleeping loll
  • @BusyZee I just mean I felt her kick with my hand - hence she "poked" my hand. It didn't feel like anything other than an internal organ temporarily being pushed towards the outside world lol. In terms of sensations, it felt closest to the painless feeling of gas bubbles moving around.
  • Almost 16 weeks and still nothing, boo! 
  • oheliza44 said:
    @lph4248 I'm wishing I purchased a doppler. I think at this point it makes no sense since I should start feeling the baby regularly soon, but I would love to be able to check in on it every once in a while during this phase where I am not really feeling regular movements.

Random question- once you start feeling movement, how often should you feel it? I know it gets more regular and pronounced as your pregnancy goes along.
    It's different for everyone depending on how active the baby is, but basically the idea is to figure out when YOUR baby is most active and then count how long it takes them to complete 10 kicks (or movements). And do that every day to make sure they're doing at least ten little movements at their most active time.

Here is my favorite article on this topic: https://www.fitpregnancy.com/pregnancy/pregnancy-health/importance-counting-kicks-during-pregnancy
  • @mrscate88 thanks for the info and link!
  • oheliza44 said:
    @mrscate88 thanks for the info and link!
    No problem, some people don't even do the counting kicks thing, but I did last pregnancy just for the fun of it, and it gave me great peace of mind too. 
  • Here's a ridiculous whine for you, they just told me I have an anterior placenta and won't feel the baby for a while. I almost cried. Only because this pregnancy has been so full of anxiety and I know that once I can feel the baby it will ease up. I thought it would be any day now (TTM and measuring 16 weeks) if you had an anterior placenta how long did you have to wait for baby to make its presence known? 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @nikkiandchris I had an anterior placenta last time, for my first, and I didn't feel movement until 22 weeks. I'm a sum now, 16w5d and I still haven't felt anything this time, either. I remember at my AS, the tech was showing me the baby move, and asking if I felt it, but nothing.
  • @oheliza44 word of caution, in the early days you may not feel baby move consistently (meaning some days you'll feel it and other days you may not) and it shouldn't worry you just yet. The OBs I've worked with don't even recommend kick counts until later on because this early you could get nervous for no reason.
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @nikkiandchris I have an anterior placenta but it's only on one side (left). I felt movement on the right today at 16+6. 
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • @dancegurl1118 innnnteresting. I have no idea what size mine is on. Looks like it spans the whole thing from the quick u/s he did. I imagine I'll see more at the A/S
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Here's a ridiculous whine for you, they just told me I have an anterior placenta and won't feel the baby for a while. I almost cried. Only because this pregnancy has been so full of anxiety and I know that once I can feel the baby it will ease up. I thought it would be any day now (TTM and measuring 16 weeks) if you had an anterior placenta how long did you have to wait for baby to make its presence known? 
    I had an anterior placenta with my first and didn't even feel slight flutters until 21 weeks, no kicks until closer to 25 weeks. Hubby couldn't feel anything from the outside until almost 30 weeks...It kinda sucked at first, especially with all these Bump moms feeling their babies at four weeks haha (I kid, I kid). 

But on on the bright side, kicks and movement never got terribly uncomfortable or painful because they were cushioned. It becomes your own new normal and you get used to it.