July 2017 Moms
Options

Baby Movements

167891012»

Re: Baby Movements

• Options
    Once every few days, I feel this really rapid movement, and the only explanation I can think of is: 

@virginiaunicorn11 Awww I'm sorry. Kicks haven't woken me up yet and I'm counting my lucky stars. I DO however wake up to pee 3-4x.
    ~DD arrived July 4, 2017~
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @lph4248 haha ditto!!! 
  • Options
    i don't know if anyone posted this before, but according to the bump our babies should be old enough to respond to touch. if the movement is too much to handle try stroking your belly, it might calm them down. doesn't always work though :p
  • Options
    @mars8k I didn't read that article but i tell my hubby to put his hand there and baby stops after a few weak kicks! 

Im feeling baby everywhere right now, in my ribs, in my back, in my lower belly, what's going on?!
  • Options

The stroking of the belly does help during an insane dance party. As does poking.

I also had the joy of experiencing a stretch into my ribcage and lungs this morning. Please, child, don't do that again.

Married: 10/13/2013
    TTC #1: Mirena removed 5/26/2015; DH - normal SA, me - diagnosed with PCOS 8/4/2016 - on Metformin; BFP - 10/29/2016!!!, EDD - 7/8/2017; DD born 6/29/2017
  • Options
    manillabarmanillabar member
    edited April 2017
    @star_beagle, yikes. that does NOT sound pleasant!

Since my belly touches my upper thigh now when I sit, this morning I've been feeling the baby poke my thigh through my belly. It's the weirdest thing I've felt so far and now it's starting to feel like she's doing it on purpose lol
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    I've had a couple of times now where it felt like a kick to the rib - not a fun sensation - though not as terrible as lightning crotch...
    BabyGaga

BabyGaga
  • Options
    My baby has been pretty still (from what I can feel) during the day but in the evening, the baby moves more. The baby used to move a lot during the day as well but lately not too much. I am trying not to worry since I am only 27 weeks but I can't help but wonder why
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @SaphireSweetie88 don't worry same thing was happening to me for a week, today baby woke me up in the morning so I think he goes through phases 
  • Options
    Baby girl has moved from laying sideways to the breech position and lately I've been having occasional trouble with shortness of breath. Like it feels like either my diaphragm or lungs can't expand properly. Has anyone else had this problem? If so is there a position that helps? 
  • Options
    I wish there was a little window that you could peek through and see what these babies are doing.  I keep feeling these "tremors" like @lph4248 described!  It's not once though.  It's been for the last 10 minutes that she will move, thump, and then weird shaking.  I'm wondering if she's stretching because I'm staring at my stomach and the shaking is at two ends like she's transverse.  So weird.

Me: 26  Him: 27
    Dating: 5/2011 Married: 6/2014

Mirena out/TTC: 02/2016

BFP #1: 12/01/2016

EDD: 07/24/2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    lanie1000 said:
    Baby girl has moved from laying sideways to the breech position and lately I've been having occasional trouble with shortness of breath. Like it feels like either my diaphragm or lungs can't expand properly. Has anyone else had this problem? If so is there a position that helps? 
    I've felt this as well, but I don't know if I have an answer. I have no idea what position my LO is in (although I think he is practicing his backstroke at the moment) but I've been feeling shortness of breath while trying to walk around off and on for at least four weeks.
  • Options
    I wish there was a little window that you could peek through and see what these babies are doing.
    I have said this to DH so many times. The tremors are freaky! My doctor said it's just the Moro reflex, but I don't know, it feels more persistent.
    ~DD arrived July 4, 2017~
  • Options
    @PurplePumpernickel I think I figured out a temporary solution...although I'll admit I look completely insane. If I stop moving and pin my arms behind my back like a chicken and lean my head back I can feel my rib cage open up and allow me to take deeper breaths. 

I think baby girl gets the hint, too, because she'll typically move lower down after a few minutes of my funky chicken. Bladder kicks aren't fun, but I'll take them over head butts to the diaphragm any day!! 
  • Options
    kat0607kat0607 member
    edited April 2017
    This guy seems to looove being transverse, I just hope he moves before he gets too big. From what I can tell, he hasnt been head down in weeks. I haven't felt any rib kicks yet. Occasionally I feel what feels like a foot or hand moving in that higher region, but his stretches are mostly horizontal. That little stinker.
  • Options
    mine is going back and forth, yesterday transverse, before that head down. They're all just squirmy butts still!
    BabyGaga

BabyGaga
  • Options
    JAM85JAM85 member
    Mine is locked and loaded on my cervix according to growth scan today and I swear he is giving my bladder a giant hug or karate kick every 5 seconds. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    For those of you who also have anterior placentas, how often do you feel movement? I realize it will depend on baby's position but I'd love to hear what others are feeling. 
  • Options
    @mamadcb il be honest, I sometimes forget the baby moved and I freak out and then do all kinds of crazy things until I feel him move again i.e. Il shake, il lie down on different sides, and last resort is usually on my back. 
    Im feeling baby fairly often, but not strong. Mostly it feels like a little jump inside and a few times it will be a bigger more pronounced movement. What is it like for you? 
  • Options
    @BusyZee Do you have an anterior placenta too? I had forgotten! I am feeling movement primarily super low-- like he's kicking (or punching) toward my butt. In the last few days I have hardly felt him in front at all. I'm attributing that to the placenta but just wanted to compare notes with others. It feels so different from last time (and I feel so much less movement overall) that it's hard not to worry a little. And then he'll get going for a minute or two and I feel reassured! 
  • Options
    @mamadcb yup! I'm getting lots of knocks towards my butt! I get them on my sides too but it is mostly very internal almost like gas and a strong hunger pang. yes I have an anterior placenta! I have nothing to compare to but I haven't had any painful kicks like some people have told me. Visible movement? A few shakes here and there. 
  • Options
    @mamadcb I'll feel her several times daily. I will feel her on my side if I'm laying down, or toward my butt if I'm standing, usually. I never really feel her in front. She will be super crazy active for a while, and then chill out for a while after that.
  • Options
    @mamadcb my anterior placenta has adjusted to being on the top and right side as I've grown. I almost never feel baby there, except maybe some pressure from her head or back, if she's in that position and I pay attention. I've also avoided the painful rib kicks because of it.  :) I mostly feel her either on my top left, or down near my pelvis, sometimes towards the front, sometimes straight down. (she seems to flip between head down and breech every few days) 
  • Options
    @mamadcb - I have an anterior placenta (and I admittedly don't have any idea where it is other than that) but I feel movement basically everywhere. I get kicked in my ribs on both sides,  in my lower sides especially when I'm laying on my side to go to sleep, and I get tons of movement on the front like just underneath my belly button. I also get the cervix and bladder kicks, but nothing on the butt side yet. I have a feeling I will get very panicked if/when I start getting kicked in the butthole from the inside  :#. Seems like a normal human reaction to me? I have wondered where my placenta can possibly be honestly bc I'm always getting beat up everywhere.  I get several movements an hour, every hour- and while she doesn't wake me up at night, I do feel kicks when I'm laying back down after any one of the 5 mid-night bathroom breaks i take. 

The only time I can think where I don't feel what I think are fetal movements for an extended period is for the 1-1.5 hours I work out.. and I get some cramping/possibly mild contractions then. I have settled w the idea that this is just an active kid- also I'm behind a lot of you (due 7/26) so possibly there's just more room in there still and maybe it will slow down. 
  • Options
    Thanks for the responses, @BusyZee, @chiquita928, @optbaby2017 and @Potterphile! With my first I felt a fair amount of movement but never a ton. It seems like this current little guy is not too busy either (fine by me!) but combined with the anterior placenta I can go long stretches without feeling anything at all. And then he gets moving for a bit and reminds me that all is well :) Those butt kicks sure do feel strange though! 
  • Options
    Baby has been rattling inside me today... it's so strange. 
  • Options
    @mamadcb I also have an anterior placenta and I also feel movement everywhere. Some of the movements are more faint, and I don't know if that's just the movement itself or because of his positioning.

Seriously this kid is so far into my left side, I wish I could see through my uterus and know exactly what he's doing in there. I'm talking like love-handle region, he's kicking and pushing. Then occasionally some at the top of my uterus. Must be an octopus baby.
  • Options
    @mamadcb no difference for me in movement with anterior placenta anymore. At first there was definitely a difference. There's still a small "dead zone" where I don't feel as much but there is no difference on the crazy movements now. 
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • Options
    @manillabar Just got kicked in the thigh through my belly and thought of you!!!  So weird!!!!

Me: 26  Him: 27
    Dating: 5/2011 Married: 6/2014

Mirena out/TTC: 02/2016

BFP #1: 12/01/2016

EDD: 07/24/2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kat0607 and @dancegurl1118 In the last day or so I have started to feel movement all over more, so he must have changed position or something. But it still definitely feels muffled through the placenta! I'm not complaining about that though :)
  • Options
    mars8kmars8k member
    sometimes baby kicks or punches in places where i feel he shouldn't be able to reach, he is breach so i imagine where his hands and legs be but it's so weird i can never tell.

i love it when he moves, except when i'm trying to sleep. it's just a little less magical then lol