July 2017 Moms

Baby Movements

Re: Baby Movements

• @shanana1234567
    Lolling at the end of your post.
    ~DD arrived July 4, 2017~
  • Loading the player...
  • I haven't been able to actually confirm nor deny the feelings I've had to this point, they've been few and far between - just hit 17 weeks, FTM. But some of these things I've felt are not normal internal feels that I'm aware of, so could be baby, but I'll keep it in the unknown category until it's more obvious to me :)
    BabyGaga

BabyGaga
  • I started feeling something just a few days ago and I'm 16 weeks today. I only feel it occasionally and it's when I'm laying really still like in the evening before bed. It feels like a super tiny fish flopping. It's always in the same spot. I kept telling myself it was probably gas but it feels different than gas. People can think I'm crazy or it's too early all they want. 

If second time + moms can feel it even earlier just bc they know what to look for (not for any medical reason) , then it's entirely possible that what you're feeling is baby. 
  • Dumb question (and feel free to flame me) but if you were bent over or curled up, do you think you'd be able to feel flutters earlier?  
    ME: 34 | DH: 36
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC:6/2016
    BFP: 11/22/2016 | EDD: 7/29/2017

• Just felt the fish flop for the first time with this one. I'm sitting on my bed cross legged and slouched over because that's my go to position. Lol. The first time I felt DD, I was sitting in an office chair at work. It's possible @SquirttheTurtle but I don't really know if it would help. 
  • @ginger1228 I'm in the same boat. But the fact that I only seem to feel it at night - when I'm usually at my gassiest (delightful) - makes me think it's not the baby. But it COULD be. Once I start feeling it during the day, I'll be super excited.

...and as I was typing that I felt something. Who knows, but I like to think it's a little kick.
    ~DD arrived July 4, 2017~
  • @lph4248 - I really go back and forth and whether I think it's baby or not. I suppose my intestines could be in a different spot now and that's why the gas feels different than it usually does. But I think I just like thinking it's baby and it's not hurting anyone, so why not? 
  • This is my second posterior placenta (first two girls were anterior). I'm already feeling hiccups this time in the 13th week. It's the best once you can feel them since it makes it so much more real if that even makes sense?
    Hadley 3.2011 | Ali 7.2013 | Jack 1.2016
    NEW PEANUT DUE 7.2017 <3
  • I don't even know what I'm supposed to be feeling. I just feel pressure now. I don't comfortable resting anything near my tummy, I can't wear jeans anymore because it just feel like Pressure. I am 14 weeks and I think I felt something turning but only after I read these posts about "fish flopping". Maybe im imagining things. 
  • With my first, I did not notice the fish sensations, but did have a light thump right at the waistband of my pants (thick and low) at 15-16 weeks. If felt like a tap on a window. For a couple weeks, I only noticed it when wearing those pants and seated, but it very gradually became stronger and a little higher up until the anatomy scan confirmed what I was feeling. No movement so far this time, but looking forward to it. 
  • AW warning, sorrynotsorry:
    Baby has been kicking me so much tonight, and DH can feel it, too! Forgot how exciting this is! STM, 17+3 today

A week or so ago, we felt baby kind of bulging out - like a plum poking out of my belly. Both times of feeling movement have been when I'm lying down, on my back. 
    OK so every once in a while for the last week or so, I find a super hard spot (like rock hard) down where baby would be (half way between belly button and pubic bone) and I couldn't figure out what it was...maybe it is literally baby pushing on the outside of my uterus? FTM I know nothing lol
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Rae1 said:
    AW warning, sorrynotsorry:
    Baby has been kicking me so much tonight, and DH can feel it, too! Forgot how exciting this is! STM, 17+3 today

A week or so ago, we felt baby kind of bulging out - like a plum poking out of my belly. Both times of feeling movement have been when I'm lying down, on my back. 
    OK so every once in a while for the last week or so, I find a super hard spot (like rock hard) down where baby would be (half way between belly button and pubic bone) and I couldn't figure out what it was...maybe it is literally baby pushing on the outside of my uterus? FTM I know nothing lol
    STM and still feel like I know nothing! If someone gave me a better answer about what the bulge could be, I would believe them.  I feel like it was baby because when I gently poked it, it moved away. 
  • ktewart said:
    Well, I definitely felt one of the babies tonight, although the particular movement, I don't miss. I was driving to CVS to pick up milk and I definitely got a kick or a punch to the cervix followed by the sudden, overwhelming need to pee, so they also got my bladder. Other second time mom's will remember lightening crotch. First time moms, this particular symptom sucks. My money is on Baby A, since they're the more active of the two and the closest to my cervix. So that's fun.
    I had totally forgotten about lightening crotch. Until this morning.  :o
  • I was convinced I had a UTI around 27 weeks last time because baby was breech, stomping on my cervix and bladder, and lightening crotch was happening. It's not fun. But I mean what part of the phrase "lightening crotch" led anyone to believe it was fun?
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • The baby would not stay put to get his heartbeat checked today, and I felt the movement twice. Same place, softer but I probably noticed it because my stomach was being pressed on. Flame me all you want, but it was the same as it was before and I think it's baby. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • BusyZee said:
    I don't even know what I'm supposed to be feeling. I just feel pressure now. I don't comfortable resting anything near my tummy, I can't wear jeans anymore because it just feel like Pressure. I am 14 weeks and I think I felt something turning but only after I read these posts about "fish flopping". Maybe im imagining things. 
    Sometimes it isn't a fish flop, and is more fluid. At this point, the fluid grazing motion would be caused by baby's butt or head when turning. But that is only if you have a gracefull baby ;)
  • I'm 15w4d and haven't felt anything yet. I think the floppy fish is a good one..some people say a butterfly. I always remember in the beginning it felt like heart palpitations in my uterus..
  • BusyZeeBusyZee member
    edited January 2017
    BabyBump2 said:
    I'm 15w4d and haven't felt anything yet. I think the floppy fish is a good one..some people say a butterfly. I always remember in the beginning it felt like heart palpitations in my uterus..
    OmG I am feeling heart palpitation in my uterus too! I thought I was imagining that but that's the only thing iv felt so far. 

Lolll @CarsonsMommy I don't know why but that made me laugh I somehow imagined a little ballerina inside.
  • I can't wait to feel something, but I know it's way too early for me.  I was talking to my mom about it last night and she kept saying at first it's like eyelashes.  I was like... WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN!?!?!

FTM confusion about butterflies and eyelashes here.

Me: 26  Him: 27
    Dating: 5/2011 Married: 6/2014

Mirena out/TTC: 02/2016

BFP #1: 12/01/2016

EDD: 07/24/2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have been feeling little man since like 13 weeks. At first it was like rain on the inside, then more like fish, and now it's thumps and thuds. I think he is diagonal right now- with his head to the left of my belly button and his feet by my cervix. I get the most movement down low but occasionally some movement up top too! This morning was the first time he could be felt from the outside down low! I'm 17w5d now FTM! 
  • I'm 90% sure I felt him kick/punch me this morning!!!! I was laying on the couch relaxing with the dog and all the sudden on the left side of my lower stomach it felt like really powerful muscle spasms about 5 times in 30 seconds, with no rhyme or reason. kind of like when you get a twitch in your eye but it was more powerful.
    ME: 28 DH: 27
    Started Dating: 10/20/2006
     Married: 10/20/2013
    MMC @ 8w 12/15
    MC @ 5w 03/16
    ALEXANDER JAMES DUE JULY 15th!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • sofloma said:
    I have been feeling little man since like 13 weeks. At first it was like rain on the inside, then more like fish, and now it's thumps and thuds. I think he is diagonal right now- with his head to the left of my belly button and his feet by my cervix. I get the most movement down low but occasionally some movement up top too! This morning was the first time he could be felt from the outside down low! I'm 17w5d now FTM! 
    Where do you mean by "up top"?
  • At my appointment on Tuesday I was 16w6d and baby was moving around when the nurse put the doppler on my belly, but I couldn't feel it. I asked her if it was normal and she said yes, but THEN she said that smaller people like me tend to feel it earlier, so I could start feeling it soon. I don't really know how that makes sense, but now every gas-bubbling feeling has me like "was that it?!" 
  • First kicks I have actually felt, and they were sharp and straight to my cervix when I just got in the bath with my son. Ouch.
    Only other time I felt movement was 13 weeks scan, and wand was pressing on uterus. But it was just light squirms.
  • @mtownhespes I forgot about lightning crotch! I had read about it in early pregnancy (I was having constipation problems) but maybe that's what happened last night? I don't know how early it starts, it wasn't insanely painful, but my vagina got sore for like a minute and then it went away. He rather likes moving A LOT. One second he's bumping out the one side of my stomach, the next he's on my bladder, then he's on my vagina. This kid is gonna be a handful. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • I don't miss lightning crotch! And considering DD was so called during First Tri Screen that they gave me juice and asked me to get up and jump so they could get a good picture, I'm frightened for this one because they were the opposite, moving too much so they couldn't get the picture. Good newsbis, maybe I wont have a butt stuck to my left rib cage and maybe that whole area of my stomach won't go numb this time. Totally odd.

I love that everyone is feeling stuff already. I've only felt LO a couple of times and it seemed like they were doing the worm. 
  • So I didn't feel movement early the last time I was pregnant (anterior placenta).  Question for STMs+: can it feel like an uncomfortable and sustained poke?  There is definitely no butterfly, eyelash, angel kisses, fish flopping going on here.
  • With DS I felt him around 18 weeks, and I want to say it was week 22 or maybe even longer before you could feel him on the outside. 
    But it could also depend how the baby is positioned. So maybe this early, but I promise when you feel it you instantly know. 
  • So I didn't feel movement early the last time I was pregnant (anterior placenta).  Question for STMs+: can it feel like an uncomfortable and sustained poke?  There is definitely no butterfly, eyelash, angel kisses, fish flopping going on here.
    Yes. I remember my son doing that, he was just stretching.
  • @caribbeanmama that's how this one feels, I wouldn't call it uncomfortable for me but mostly when I feel them it's a slight pressure for a period of time with some little movement. I laid on my belly last night so I could feel it better lol and make out even the tiniest movement where I could feel that pressure 
  • Dcwtada said:
    @caribbeanmama that's how this one feels, I wouldn't call it uncomfortable for me but mostly when I feel them it's a slight pressure for a period of time with some little movement. I laid on my belly last night so I could feel it better lol and make out even the tiniest movement where I could feel that pressure 
    Duh! Why haven't I tried lying on my stomach?  Going to do this tonight.
    I felt something like that this week! That was the first time I was thinking that *has* to be the baby. The rest of the time I've been playing the "gas or movement?" game lol
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker