June 2017 Moms
Options

Randoms 1/2-1/9

Re: Randoms 1/2-1/9

• Options
    @itsfine @FSUNole31 @awillis13 I've been Team Green since the beginning of time. I always would get extra excited when friends didn't find out, ensuring them that its the way to go.  And here I am at 16 weeks, seriously thinking about finding out at the AS and not telling anyone (but DH).  DH would totally be down with it.  I love surprises, but I never thought it would be this hard...
  • Options
    @awillis13 Chris is Thor, Liam is Miley's man. I'm almost embarrassed to know this much. Celeb gossip is one of my guilty pleasures :s  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @awillis13, @Stankonia2014, @itsfine, i keep telling myself we found out with our first two and we have a boy and girl so a surprise would be fun.  Right?!  My husband has pretty good will power so I am thinking we will still not know come Thursday.  Good luck on your decisions!  And @Stankonia2014 I always thought I would be team find out for life!
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14
                                                                  BFP #3 Nov 2014: D&C January 2015
                                                                  BFP #4 Sept 2016: Due May 31 2017

• Options
    @berg @FSUNole31 I didn't find out with my son. DH did find out with his.  I loved not knowing the first time, I don't know what is different this time.  If we do I would want to keep it just between us though.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @kassyfry I was so excited for your PSA until I saw that it's at Kohl's. The one here has the saddest maternity section I've ever seen. It's about one rack full of lacey, flowery stuff....the curse of Alaska shopping strikes again. I hope everyone else scores some sweet deals!
  • Options
    @Elyse1384 and @Sirius37, I hope you have as much success as our sellers did!  I've still got my fingers crossed that they'll come to their senses and accept our offer.  We told them they can stay in the house until the end of May if they need to and I'm hoping that will ease their worries.

• Options
    @flyingncmama.  WHat part of NC? We are in central NC and just got a house. We were so lucky because there has been nothing or it's  gone super fast.

Me: 34  DH: 35
    Married: July 2009
    BFP: November 2012 after 2 years of TTC     DS born August 2013
    Diagnosed with PCOS April 2016
    3 months of trigger shot with timed intercourse BFN x3
    First IUI: 9/17/16            BFP: 9/30/16              EDD: 6/11/17

• Options
    flyingncmamaflyingncmama member
    edited January 2017
    @kahlan82, we were living in Raleigh, but we sold our house and moved to Michigan a year ago to be closer to both our families.  The market here in West Michigan has been crazy, which is why we offered asking price on the first day it was listed.  We also want to live within about a one mile radius of our city's downtown area because we love being able to walk everywhere, but that makes our list of options even shorter.

Edited to add: I hope the snowfall is minimal near you.  I know the bread and milk is all sold out in Raleigh because of the snow.

• Options
    @kahlan82, we were living in Raleigh, but we sold our house and moved to Michigan a year ago to be closer to both our families.  The market here in West Michigan has been crazy, which is why we offered asking price on the first day it was listed.  We also want to live within about a one mile radius of our city's downtown area because we love being able to walk everywhere, but that makes our list of options even shorter.

Edited to add: I hope the snowfall is minimal near you.  I know the bread and milk is all sold out in Raleigh because of the snow.

I am from W.Mich! Are you closer to the Grand Rapids area or the Kalamazoo area? I think both cities are booming right now in terms of housing.
  • Options
    @keniialise I sometimes don't open threads even if I'm curious to see the discussion because once those little flags pop up I have to make them go away. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I had a dream last night that @delujm0, employed us all to find her and her family the perfect Kelly green sweatbands for their family photos. 

Bahahahahaha I was crazy at work today and am just seeing this noe and it is amazing.  Totally made my day. :-)
  • Options

I am from W.Mich! Are you closer to the Grand Rapids area or the Kalamazoo area? I think both cities are booming right now in terms of housing.
    I went to school at Western Michigan! 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @michaela0704 Brett Tucker (was in Mistresses?) maybe too old?

• Options
    @Heliumgirl717, I'm just south of Grand Rapids.

• Options
    There's a creepy old man in white gym shoes at the cafeteria table next to me looking at nudes. I feel like saying something to him but that was more me pre-preggo
  • Options
    You're right about the bread and milk. The way people here react to snow makes me do some serious eye rolling.
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • Options
    kahlan82kahlan82 member
    edited January 2017
    @flyingncmama. Michigan!!! Huge red wings fan.   I try to stay far away from the grocery store when a storm approaches BUT I didn't monitor DS' milk supply and ran out yesterday. I had to brave the chaos. It isn't supposed to hit us until 10. Good luck with the house hunt.

Me: 34  DH: 35
    Married: July 2009
    BFP: November 2012 after 2 years of TTC     DS born August 2013
    Diagnosed with PCOS April 2016
    3 months of trigger shot with timed intercourse BFN x3
    First IUI: 9/17/16            BFP: 9/30/16              EDD: 6/11/17

• Options
    This sums up North Carolinians response to snow perfectly.  https://youtu.be/i6zaVYWLTkU

• Options
    @flyingncmama LOL. I'm always just thinking "do these people think they can only eat sandwiches when it's snowing??"

• Options
    Here in Indiana when it snows its bread, milk and eggs. I guess everyone is eating French toast when it snows?!
  • Options
    There's a creepy old man in white gym shoes at the cafeteria table next to me looking at nudes. I feel like saying something to him but that was more me pre-preggo
    Uhhhh, what the hell kind of cafeteria are you eating at?! I would've told him it's impolite to ruin people's appetites and to go home.
  • Options
    You're right about the bread and milk. The way people here react to snow makes me do some serious eye rolling.
    I used to be like WHAT IS WITH THE MILK but now I have an 18 month old who drinks about 16oz of whole milk a day, and I get it.  DH had to go get some on his way home tonight bc we always grocery shop on weekends and are afraid the pansies here in NC will close the stores tomorrow and possibly also Sunday and we'll run out.  He did not get bread but I have about 10 bagels in the freezer so we should be good for a few days ;-)
  • Options
    @Sirius37 it was at a supermarket in my new community!!! :-/
  • Options
    Anyone have a recommendation for a prenatal yoga DVD?
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    alm52386 said:
    Anyone have a recommendation for a prenatal yoga DVD?
    Shiva Rae is my favorite. I just got natural journeys pre and postnatal yoga. I woukd say its more about relaxing than any kind of workout. The Shiva Rae is a nice balance.
  • Options
    Well it looks like we got less than an inch of snow overnight. Hoping people are still willing to drive here at 5pm to eat our yummy cake!

• Options
    Well it looks like we got less than an inch of snow overnight. Hoping people are still willing to drive here at 5pm to eat our yummy cake!
    I will come eat your yummy cake! Mmmmm cake! 
  • Options
    @itsfine It's red velvet :smiley:

I think this is so cute @wifeinraleigh28 !
  • Options
    @wifeinraleigh28 cake!!! I'll come eat cake!   Very cute cake I must say  <3
  • Options
    @wifeinraleigh28, that cake is so cute!

• Options
    Thank you ladies! I'm pretty much bouncing with excitement just thinking about sharing the news with my family and DH's family this evening! (They ALL think it's a boy except my sister, so I can't wait to see all their reactions)!

• Options
    @wifeinraleigh28, how have you know for this long and kept mum! I'll eat cake with you!
  • Options
    mrtmrt member
    I was supposed to take my son to a birthday party today but it's been postponed because of the snow. This probably means I will stay in my pajamas all day. 

@wifeinraleigh28 awesome cake!
  • Options
    Anybody taking red raspberry leaf now that we've hit second trimester? Anyone with experience with it? 
  • Options
    Anybody taking red raspberry leaf now that we've hit second trimester? Anyone with experience with it? 
    I took this with my second but didn't start until after third trimester.  Also evening primrose oil.  

I thouht it it could cause contractions so you were supposed to wait? I could be totally wrong there. 
  • Options
    mechanicwifemechanicwife member
    edited January 2017
    JessyKV said:
    I took this with my second but didn't start until after third trimester.  Also evening primrose oil.  

I thouht it it could cause contractions so you were supposed to wait? I could be totally wrong there. 
    It can cause contractions if started abruptly, at too high of a concentration, is my understanding.  
    Did you think they helped?
    I plan to do evening primrose oil as well, once it's safe for cervical changes to be happening.  
  • Options
    I won't start RRL, EPO, or dates until 3rd tri.
  • Options
    @wifeinraleigh28, how have you know for this long and kept mum! I'll eat cake with you!
    HARDEST secret I've ever kept in my entire life!!!!!