February 2017 Moms

Weekly Randoms (12/26)

Re: Weekly Randoms (12/26)

• @cantalopes24 can you put a family picture up against the plastic so LO can see it? Love the idea of a family blanket :-)
  • @lemieuxk sending positive thoughts and prayers! As previously stated, you got it girl! You have been doing amazing, and it's almost time to cross the finish line. Very exciting and you will be great.
    @Jab3 Im so thankful you and your family got temporary shelter. I agree that what you are describing is unacceptable and I am praying things improve even more for you! Hang in there mama! You're a strong woman!!! You and your family will come through this!
  • Loading the player...
  • @cantalopes24, I think a blanket for his bed would be great, but don't bring something too special in case it gets lost.  Assuming you go full term, he likely wouldn't be in an incubator-  just a heated bed.  Most times the nurses make fun signs with their name for you.  Otherwise depending on how long he is there and when allowed to wear clothes you can bring those along later. If they have private rooms bring stuff along that will make you comfortable.  Blanket, slippers, nursing pillow, etc.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @scottipino yeah he should be in a bed. I'll be 37+4 so they're not anticipating him needing much. He does have a private room which is nice. We will hopefully be able to bring the older kids so I wanted to keep some Legos or something quiet in there for them to do if they're hanging out. 
  • Oh man @Jab3 that's heartbreaking. I hope everything gets sorted soon 
  • @Jab3 Just wanted to say glad to see you back, and hopefully some of your contacts can help you get things sorted out soon, especially with the non-functioning bathroom! 
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • I'm sitting here at work continuing to make my lists as things pop in my head because otherwise I'll forget. I'm so freaking uncomfortable right now! My back and my belly are aching and every time I get up it feels like my belly is heavier, plus BH :(
    Me: 24  DH: 28

Married: 9/2013

Love my LEO!!

TTC #1: 9/2015

BFP: 2/1/16  MC 2/8/16 @ 5wks

BFP: 5/22/16 RAINBOW BABY

EDD: 1/30/2017 *IT'S A GIRL!!!!* 

Kirsten Grace 1/20/17                            

• @Jab3 can I just say you are an incredibly strong mama to have held up through all this. I can't imagine how much stress you must be under, but I'm glad your family has somewhere to temporarily call home and I hope it is in suitable condition very soon. Hang in there! 
  • @cantalopes24 - I have one blanket, 5 sleepers/onesies and 3 hats packed in my NICU bag. For DS, the nurses decorated his area with a name tag. He started wearing clothes after a few days. We didn't have a private room and only had one drawer to store stuff in. I'll probably leave the clothes in his drawer and pack the blanket in my tote to move back and forth between my room and his to use as a drape during kangaroo care time. 
  • So...H and I are going on a day care tour tomorrow lol. He had arranged the tour the Monday before my water broke, and we figured it wouldn't hurt to go. Luckily, my mom offered to watch DD and she lives super close to H's work (on-site day care). It should be an interesting conversation with the director considering H told her I was pregnant when he arranged everything lol.
  • @NiceyMeany

i got two for xmas and this one is above and beyond amazing. I love it!

AZMED Maternity Belt, Breathable Abdominal Binder, Back Support, One Size, Beige https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0113WE0QS/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_c_api_uhCzybBRCB94F

• @lemieuxk, I can imagine the stress of waiting,  but you got this!   34 weeks is great,  and you are doing everything you can for your little girl. 

@Jab3, I hope that things look up soon.  They need to fix your toilet that's ridiculous. 
    Married - 7/29/06
    Ben and Maggie - 4/10/09 
    Mia - 6/16/11
    Surprise! due 2/23/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Random question, not sure where to ask this, so here we go. A friend of mine gave me her old infant car seat with an extra base. I was going to use it, then got one with my stroller. So, I now have an extra car seat. Does anyone know of a good place to bring this? Would goodwill use it? It's never been in a wreck, but I am not sure how I could prove that (if they even ask).  I would like someone to use it that would need it. Maybe even the hospitals would take donations? 
  • @leslie1331 are there any mom Facebook groups for your area? We got rid of ours because we didn't like it with my daughter. I posted it on a local mom group and found quite a few women in need of a free car seat. 
  • Goodwill will throw it in the trash compactor. They won't take the liability/risk. +1 for local mom groups or a local charity for new families. 
  • Thanks guys! I'll check out Facebook or maybe see if there is a local women's shelter that could use it. Didn't even think about using Facebook for not selling  :)
  • Pinterest keeps showing me weight watchers ads today, and I'm not sure if it's just the time of year or I should be offended. Thanks Pinterest. 
  • Oh my gosh @foxrosy my doula told me to start PM over a month ago and I'm still putting it off. The barrier seems to be bringing olive oil into the bathroom. Good for you for at least attempting.
  • @Xstatic3333 Maybe I should try again on myself, I just thought it would be easier to have him do it. Pillow princess for life! Haha!
  • foxrosy said:
    I had my SO try to do a perineal massage on me last night because I figure wtf not? That ish was uncomfortable and he could only use one finger and I still reacted like a virgin touched for the very first time. 
    Some convo highlights:
    Me: Ok hold on! Ouch! 
    Him: It's not even in yet.
    Me: Wait that's too much pressure!
    Him: I barely moved my finger.
    His face the whole time  :|
    My face the whole time  :s
    Omg this sounds like a terrible, brilliant idea. Gonna bring this up to H; maybe he can help with the shaving while he's at it... 
  • I can't figure out how to change the stupid default avatar it gave me a couple of weeks ago. Anyone know how? I use either desktop or the website on my phone in Safari.
  • @MommaBean two birds with one stone! I like it. 
  • @foxrosy this made me actually laugh out loud! We were told to do it at our pre natal classes but both me & my husband are somewhat apprehensive about it & have put it off so far. Will you attempt it again?
  • edited December 2016
    I can't figure out how to change the stupid default avatar it gave me a couple of weeks ago. Anyone know how? I use either desktop or the website on my phone in Safari.
    On mobile if you click the "more" button on the bottom right, then my account, you can click on the circular default image and it should take you straight to your camera and you can choose from your library from there
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm glad someone else has tried the perineal massage!  My doula recommended my husband read the book The Birth Partner, and it was one of the first things he told me the book recommended doing.  I think he thought it would be sexier than it turned out to be - poor guy  :D
  • I can't figure out how to change the stupid default avatar it gave me a couple of weeks ago. Anyone know how? I use either desktop or the website on my phone in Safari.
    On mobile if you click the "more" button on the bottom right, then my account, you can click on the circular default image and it should take you straight to your camera and you can choose from your library from there

Is that the app or the website? I refuse to believe that downloading the app is the only way to do this, but when I get to "my account" through any other method there's nothing to click on.
  • @Xstatic3333 oh yeah, it's on the app. Sorry lol
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • No worries @LivingLaVidaGinger! Thanks for trying :)

I'm so sorry for everything @HeatSparks. Creepy internet hugs. 
  • I just unwrapped a Babybel cheese and threw the cheese in the trash instead of the wrapper and wax. The trash can is empty (clean bag), can I still eat it?
    I'd give it a rinse, and maybe a pass if you use scented bags.
  • @kirstynikole I believe that was me on my search for a chocolate milk mixer.  :D:p
  • foxrosy said:
    @Xstatic3333 Maybe I should try again on myself, I just thought it would be easier to have him do it. Pillow princess for life! Haha!
    Wait, can you reach well enough to do that? That was my plan originally, but my belly just isn't allowing for it. 
  • @Janefelicity I may attempt again. Doing it by myself sounded possible until @poetryandoceans brought me back to reality. I'm fairly certain my bump won't allow me access as well. 
  • DH just texted me and his dad snowblowed our driveway. We had a good 6in of wet awful snow from the storm last night that we were planning on taking care of tonight when we got home. I mean don't get me wrong it's very nice of his dad but his dad has back issues and shouldn't be snowblowing. That is a big part of the reason why he and MIL moved to a place where snow removal and lawn maintenance is done for them. Poor DH, I'm pretty sure he's feeling really guilty right now even though he never asked/mentioned snowblowing to his dad, his dad just did it on his own. Poor me b/c I'm going to have to deal with a moping, guilty feeling DH all night. Also I feel like I should bake FIL a pie or something but I also don't want to encourage him to do this again b/c I'd much rather he didn't hurt his back. 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)