February 2017 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms (12/19)

Re: Weekly Randoms (12/19)

• Options
    @krob having my kid pick out his own shizz was a HUGE part of getting him to stay in his own damn room. 
    Seriously.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    FTR This is a pretty good birth playlist. I like #22, but don't imagine it would be great during labor.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/30-songs-spotify-says-you-should-listen-to-while-giving-birth_us_56d84dd1e4b0000de403786e

<3 DD1- Aug11 <3o:) Angel Baby- June13, said goodbye Oct12 o:)<3 DD2- Aug13 <3<3 DD3- due Feb17 <3

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    Facebook for some reason is showing me lots of ads for the most amazing kids' beds that look like treehouses and castle forts and stuff. I want, but we have nice twin beds in the basement so that'll be the plan unless there's a good reason to do otherwise. I hadn't even though about the fact that just providing the bed as opposed to making him part of the process could make the transition tougher.  Oh well. Hopefully picking out a bedding set will keep him happy.
  • Options
    @peachesnbean oh thats not too bad at all. the pink might drive me crazy. but you did a good job keeping it minimal. 

i also feel like I'm not expressing this the rights way. i am open to buy my kid something that they want if they need it. but i am not buying my kid a new bed because they are sick of their old one, as expressed by PP FIL
    Me: 36, H: 37
    FTM, 2 Furbabies
    married 03/17/07
    lived in Houston, Austin, Los Angeles and NYC
    due: 2/15/17
  • Options
    Can we talk about kids sharing rooms? It seems like we have a couple of ladies on here with kids that shared rooms. DS is 2.5 and when I found out that I'm having another boy, several friends have said that we should bunk them up because it makes them grow up as better friends. Would you chose to bunk up same sex sibs even if you have the space not to?
  • Options
    ohstars said:
    Can we talk about kids sharing rooms? It seems like we have a couple of ladies on here with kids that shared rooms. DS is 2.5 and when I found out that I'm having another boy, several friends have said that we should bunk them up because it makes them grow up as better friends. Would you chose to bunk up same sex sibs even if you have the space not to?
    We bunked ours, but we didn't have the room not to. They still share a room at 6 & 7. It's easier now than at the baby stage. When #2 was younger and would wake up crying, he would wake #1 up a lot. And we also missed out on the self soothing thing so they are both a bit spoiled kids and need mom or dad to put them to bed.
  • Options
    We put our 2 oldest together then #2 was 18 months old and started climbing out of her crib.  So they were 18 months and around 4 years old.  We physically didn't bunk their beds until the oldest was 6 for safety reasons(because I fell out of a bunk bed and needed stitches when I was young).  They were both good sleepers by the time they were put together.  They had 2 twin beds which we ended up pushing together because they always ended up in 1 bed together anyway.  It was cute they always wanted to snuggle.  I still occasionally find them sleeping together.  I don't think I would personally put a baby in with an older child until they were sleeping through the night because I want my older kids to get good sleep.  Obviously some people don't have the luxury of having the extra rooms to separate them though.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Dd and new baby will probably share eventually. We have four bedrooms though, so for now baby is getting her own room. We've talked about a few years down the road though putting them in the same room so we could use the other as a playroom or guest room again. But we'll see how it goes. 
    . Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thanks @yogadevil! I hope your dad is okay!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Also to add this doesn't mean I agree with said dad in that situation.. if they have a toddler and a newborn he should definitely be on his game at this point. 
  • Options
    @kirstynikole +1 to communication is key. That being said, my H has ADHD so I sometimes have to remind him to not take over the whole conversation and help
  • Options
    MommaBeanMommaBean member
    edited December 2016
    There's an entertaining thread on July17, if anyone is interested. I think you can find it ;)

ETA omg it's gone now!! BGs do that?!
  • Options
    @MommaBean what was it about?
  • Options
    Oh yeah,  that poor mom,  but husband man up!   That reminds me of my own Dad though,  when we go out to eat with them we have 3 kids that need food cut up or ketchup poured, etc,  and I am working on that and my mom has another, and my DH is taking someone to the bathroom and my Dad just starts eating.  He has to be told what to do and he is s parent!  Or I am running around at dinner getting drinks together and my husband has finished half his dinner.   This is especially irritating while I am pregnant,  lol.

Married - 7/29/06
    Ben and Maggie - 4/10/09 
    Mia - 6/16/11
    Surprise! due 2/23/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Just fell down the rabbit hole of the drama llama & alpaca threads! there are a lot of speshul snowflakes out there! Lol