February 2017 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms (12/19)

Re: Weekly Randoms (12/19)

• Options
    Don't stress about not being prepared yet!! Honestly, all you truly need to begin with is a carseat, bassinet/crib, clothes & diapers.. The rest you can get in due time.

I've got my son's Infant carseat as a backup, but I'm hoping to buy the newer model before baby is here. Our car seat still has a few years before it expires, but the newer model has a few modifications I'd like to have... Anyone else weird about reusing a carseat/wanting the newest model? I know it's not suuuuuper necessary but now that I'm having to place both kids on the outside seats, it worries me and I'd like as much protection as possible. Then again I'm also a ridiculous worrier. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Well, between @PerraSucia and @foxrosy, catching up on this thread made me legit LOL. Campus is really quiet today...might start doing some cannonballs to liven things up.

+1 on team "not prepared." We have a lot of the big stuff, but lack a lot of the finishing touches. (Like, I have a crib with a mattress in it, but that mattress is sheet-less.) I know my parents bought a lot of remaining stuff on our registry for us for Christmas, so I'm hoping that once we get back home over the holidays, I'll feel vaguely ready to whip things into shape. Though right now I am finding it difficult to even exist as an actual human person, so we'll see how that goes...
    Me: 34 
    Husband: 35
    Married: June 2007
    Son Max born 1/10/17
    BFP #2: 10/5/17; EDD: 6/11/18
  • Options
    @LivingLaVidaGinger That's so rude!! And maternity stuff can be really cute! I'd stay in stretchy pants forever if I could.
    Me: 24  DH: 28

Married: 9/2013

Love my LEO!!

TTC #1: 9/2015

BFP: 2/1/16  MC 2/8/16 @ 5wks

BFP: 5/22/16 RAINBOW BABY

EDD: 1/30/2017 *IT'S A GIRL!!!!* 

Kirsten Grace 1/20/17                            

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @LivingLaVidaGinger ANDPLUSALSO you are super cute! leggings for life, man.
  • Options
    @LivingLaVidaGinger she has no idea, and that was completely rude. I only have one childless friend left, for me it was hard not to grow apart because it truely is a different world after you have kids. 
  • Options
    @LivingLaVidaGinger geez, when/if your friend's time comes, she's in for a rude awakening! 
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • Options
    @MLRocha for port I would pair with desserts mostly - dark chocolate is ideal.  For me whenever I have had port with anything other than sweets, the port just tastes sickly sweet to me.  But also some people like to pair it with aged hard cheeses and/or nuts, I think walnuts would be good especially.  That's all I've got - not really into sweet wines, so we don't drink it very often.

Also - I'm not prepared at all!  My showers aren't until early January, and my hospital classes and tour aren't until late January... freaking out a little....
  • Options
    @PerraSucia that's it, that's the line I was supposed to say. I had it on reserve, but I didn't execute. I have been debating on when to use it as I see my kid kind of...oh dear God...humping the couch or pillows occasionally. I know it's normal, healthy behavior but man it's awkward af. I mostly just blurt, "Thats enough" when it goes on for what I deem is too long. I always imagine dragons being more cool and educational when these situations arose but once again, awkward af.
    Also, I feel like our boys are kindred spirits. My son may not yell cannon ball but he's always engaging in them. He's a cheeto lover and my biggest mamas boy. And I also refer to him in my mind as an asshole sometimes. 
  • Options
    I have my hospital bag packed, but don't feel bad @Gretchypoo - my shower and hospital tour aren't until January either. 
  • Options
    If you have a baby tomorrow you are going home without that baby for at least a couple of days so there will be time to stress shop. Last pregnancy I was at target every day on the way home from the NICU because leaving the hospital is hard and wandering target made me feel more prepared. 
  • Options
    @BeckS13 why don't you just buy shit yourself and return if you get a second. 
    THIS. 
    Nobody has to buy you anything and you sound pretty bratty. 
  • Options
    I've got my birth plan and hospital bag list done. And that's all I'm gonna prep for now. Will probably put the car seat base in at 38 weeks along with getting most of my hospital bag together in addition to DS's just in case overnight bag. 
    I lost a few friends after having DS and it was really hard. But my O14 board was amazing and still is. That's what kept me sane for awhile. 
  • Options
    @BeckS13 Nesting and feeling "on hold" is stressful! DH and I agreed to go ahead and buy our carseat, so we could bring him home, and the bassinet (we have had one shower, so amazingly someone did buy that!). But the relief of knowing I had those two basic things was pretty substantial. I second PPs to just buy whatever basics are stressing you, but keep receipts. You can always return if you get duplicates of something!
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!