February 2017 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms (12/19)

Re: Weekly Randoms (12/19)

• Options
    @fourPsinapod I'm glad it wasn't a thing :(
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @fourPsinapod I'm glad you're okay! I'm sorry you're having bleeding issues.
  • Options
    @fourPsinapod glad everything's okay!!!
  • Options
    So glad all is well @fourpsinapod! L & D is not where any of us want to be right now. 
  • Options
    You guys I wish I would of taken a picture of DS's status report from school today "he was very well behaved for the most part, but we can't get him to stop doing cannonballs in the classroom"
    What does that mean! 
  • Options
    You guys I wish I would of taken a picture of DS's status report from school today "he was very well behaved for the most part, but we can't get him to stop doing cannonballs in the classroom"
    How exactly does one do a cannonball in a classroom?  I'm drawing a complete blank on picturing this one.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'll ask him to make a video later  :D
  • Options
    So glad you are ok @fourPsinapod
  • Options
    Glad everything is ok @fourPsinapod but I imagine that's got to be stressful! Sending love you way for the rest to go smoothly!!
  • Options
    GretchypooGretchypoo member
    edited December 2016
    @PerraSucia omg. Your kid sounds amazing. Plz video that  :D
  • Options
    @fourPsinapod that sounds scary! Glad everthing is ok! Xxx
  • Options
    @grapeskittles4lyfe it was the Xmas market by my sisters apartment! They were just there Saturday.  :o
    That's a pretty cool neighborhood! Jealous. And happy they didn't go this week...
    The original: Aug2013
    The remix: Feb2017
    The encore: coming Oct2019

• Options
    kswiger06 said:
    @fourPsinapod Glad you and LO are doing well! 

@PerraSucia Your kid is hilarious! 

Is anyone else positively freaked by the number of mamas in our group having babies ASAP, and how much crap they personally have left to do? I do noooooot feel prepared for this guy to show up early. He has gotten several pep talks since our first Febulady's water broke. "You stay in there, Mr. No buts!"
    Yes!!! My mil wants us to do a 12 hour drive next week to S.C. so my husband can work on their beach house. I'm not too thrilled with it, but I checked with my Dr and she said it's up to me and as long as things are looking good we can go. I'll go to an appointment next weds and if it still looks ok we will leave immediately after but I'll be 34 weeks while we are gone. I keep telling my husband "another February mom is on bed rest" and now there's at least 3 who will have welcomed babies before the first of the new year. Plus we have a million things we still need to buy and set up for the baby. With the sudden amount of mamas having babies or close to it, im kind of freaking out A LOT!!!!
    I'm sure you'd be okay but that's a long time sitting in a car this stage in pregnancy!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @Starfish113 that's a long time for a car ride anyway. We will have to stop a lot, so it will most likely end up taking us closer to 14 hours and then once we get there I have to be with my mil...  :|
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    +1 to not feeling prepared. I guess I wouldn't mind if she came a little early cause we're so excited to meet her, but I am in super nesting mode to finish getting anything necessary set up just in case. And freaking out over the necessary things that we still don't have for her...
    Me: 24  DH: 28

Married: 9/2013

Love my LEO!!

TTC #1: 9/2015

BFP: 2/1/16  MC 2/8/16 @ 5wks

BFP: 5/22/16 RAINBOW BABY

EDD: 1/30/2017 *IT'S A GIRL!!!!* 

Kirsten Grace 1/20/17                            

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm not prepared but not really stressing... we got the car seat and that's really all he needs immediately! But I don't want him to come early because it'll mess up my leave  :|
  • Options
    I have my hospital bag list made...  I think I need to start a pile and see what bag is going to be big enough for all the crap on my list + bringing home all the stuff they tell you to take from the hospital.

Unrelated question for fancy people: what types of snacks should I put out to pair with port (don't know what kind)?  One of our local friend couples does a 'port tour' on Christmas Eve, in which they stop at a bunch of houses and share a small glass of port.  Last year, I was completely unprepared and would love to have something ready this year.  I've been researching and have blue cheese, nuts and dark chocolate on my list so far...  Does this sound right?  I think I've had port twice in my life.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @LivingLaVidaGinger my in laws live an hour away but bought a beach house they are fixing up to rent out... this is why I'm more mad about it because it's not like we won't see them for Christmas. They just want us to drive so my husband can work on their house, so they can start renting it. MIL  :| but... we had a coffee table that had 2 big glass pieces on the ends. It made it through both our kids without any issues. I'd wait it out to see how your LO will ummm interact with the table... like slamming toys on it vs just using it to walk around the edge.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @LivingLaVidaGinger I don't have a car seat either! But i know someone bought it for our shower so I will get it jan 7. Also, I'm terrified about babyproofing-- we have So. much. stuff.
  • Options
    Yes to the carseat, no to the babyproofing, lol.  Plenty of time to enjoy that glass coffee table.   

We aren't ready now!   All these early babies are freaking me out a little.  
    Married - 7/29/06
    Ben and Maggie - 4/10/09 
    Mia - 6/16/11
    Surprise! due 2/23/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Super not ready. I'm really tempted to take a vacation day Friday to do all the baby laundry and put things away. This is dumb, since any vacation I take now just means not getting paid during leave, but I want to so much. If he came tomorrow I'm sure we'd have some time to prepare, but all I have washed so far is a bunch of diapers and 4 swaddle blankets. Car seat is in possession but not installed. If I can wash the baby box sheet and 0-3 clothes I'll feel loads better that at least he has somewhere to sleep and some clothes. I can't order my pump until 36 weeks, which is killing me since I'm more likely to need a pump in the first place if he were to come now.

I feel like a strange feeling has settled over me. I just feel kind of mentally/emotionally/physically "off". Maybe it's my body's way of telling me to slow down for what is to come? Who knows.